• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Ultima Online News Letter

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything seems pretty cool.

I've never been to the Kotl City, so I went there this morning.

@Kyronix, I have to ask, if you remove most of the reward content, and move the remainder to a skill (which I fully support), what is the incentive to visit this location?

Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, just wondering....

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The spider mount looks pretty badass.

Edit: hopefully it looks like that in CC =D

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Everything seems pretty cool.

I've never been to the Kotl City, so I went there this morning.

@Kyronix, I have to ask, if you remove most of the reward content, and move the remainder to a skill (which I fully support), what is the incentive to visit this location?

Doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, just wondering....
If you're just now going to Kotl City, there probably isn't much reason to question incentives for it.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're just now going to Kotl City, there probably isn't much reason to question incentives for it.
I've been busy most of the summer. Just thought I'd check it out.

If it is set up so that what is supposed to draw players to that location is a set of rewards and the rewards are removed, what is supposed to draw players to that location? I mean, all that time and money invested in building the city, seems unlikely it will just be left empty.........but it is UO.

Just wondering what the background thinking is.

Of course, a player might just want to see the lighting effects, which are actually pretty cool. I like the green glowies.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turning off the ONLY REASON to visit Kotlan is a bad, bad idea. Eodon will be empty after mid-November.
Who says the next publish won't have some new use for that space? Not saying that it definitely will or won't... or that our Devs aren't capable of wasting development time... but hopefully they realize the same thing we do and have a plan. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who says the next publish won't have some new use for that space? Not saying that it definitely will or won't... or that our Devs aren't capable of wasting development time... but hopefully they realize the same thing we do and have a plan. Perhaps that's just wishful thinking.
Then they should communicate said plans now, instead of making it appear the area will go to waste. The cone of silence and NSA-level secrecy is only hurting them at this point.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Turning off the ONLY REASON to visit Kotlan is a bad, bad idea. Eodon will be empty after mid-November.
Agreed. Only reason you see me there is working towards a few sets of boots and the recipes. Not much else there interests me. Havent even done the roof, the only thing I really wanted was the bow...and as long as it had the velocity on it it isn't worth having. *shrugs*

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna

From the newsletter:

3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to [email protected] so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.

Does this apply to 3 UO accounts on 2 master accounts that had the supposedly bad credit card denied this month by EA/BIOWARE/Mythic? My reoccurring PANCAKE nightmare is back every time the card company issues a new expiration date and card security code...never mind the card is 29 years old and the issuing company stated nothing has been blocked and the account is fine.

Even after updating the card info for the 2 master accounts, other accounts under the same master account are getting closed, and not by my choice. On the BIOWARE/Mythic account management site, the card info on the subsequent closures shows the newest numbers. Yet I still had to cancel the new card info and re-input the same card data to reactivate the accounts. I think I will need some assistance in making certain my grandfathered account doesn't get cancelled as well. Must I update the info on my Origin account also to match what is on the account management page? I know Mesanna was able to help last time!

Bioware Mythic
End of Subscription Notification
Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXX has ended for the following reason:

• The credit card on file was declined
If you did not authorize this, please contact the Support department.

Last edited:

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Waiting on Spocks Beard to bash the devs plan of abandoning reason to visit content....

Merus this has been a reoccurring issue - to this day 90% of the land feels like wasted space. Hope your right, but my guess is there will be little reason to return. And yes there should at least be a hint of replacement content.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Spellbound Do the accounts all renew on the same day? The CC company might be seeing multiple charges for the exact same amount from the same entity occur within minutes of each other and reject them as possible fraud.

Might want to try renewing them individually a few days apart and see if it works.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I've been busy most of the summer. Just thought I'd check it out.

If it is set up so that what is supposed to draw players to that location is a set of rewards and the rewards are removed, what is supposed to draw players to that location? I mean, all that time and money invested in building the city, seems unlikely it will just be left empty.........but it is UO.

Just wondering what the background thinking is.

Of course, a player might just want to see the lighting effects, which are actually pretty cool. I like the green glowies.
Who said it needs to draw anyone to that location after November?

There is still a lot of newer content in Eodon.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

There is still a lot of newer content in Eodon.
There's the Dragon Turtle, Shadowguard, the Myrmidex Threat quest, the Queen/Zippy timesink, and then Kotlan. They're removing 1/5th of Eodon's active, engaging content. Not many people do the Threat quest anymore, sooo...thats 2/5ths down. (And the Turtle is rarely done anymore because...*yawn*)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then they should communicate said plans now, instead of making it appear the area will go to waste. The cone of silence and NSA-level secrecy is only hurting them at this point.
I'm not sure I agree that there is any harm in not disclosing what (if any) plans they might have for that area. At the same time, I don't know that I think it would hurt anything either. All I am saying is that it wouldn't surprise me to see something about what will be in that area in the next publish notes. If it was always their intention for the TOK to be a temporary cycle, it would seem only logical that they had some idea of putting something there after the drops were stopped.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't the whole point to add things to the game that make people want to play the game and therefore subscribe to the game?

Why bother to spend limited development resources on something, anything, and then remove it?

For months the dev team has been saying they don't have the money/time/personnel power to create one-off content, so it seems odd to me that that is exactly what they have decided to do. Or maybe since the items stay in the game, it is considered permanent content, even if the gameplay associated with generating those items is removed.

Like I said previously, Kotl City itself doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this from a "why develop in this manner" standpoint. More of a behind the scenes thing on my part actually.

I guess I feel that the actual gameplay to get the items, is more important than the items themselves. So on a system level I would favor gameplay, but on a specific level of "this should happen with Kotl City" I don't really care. I just want to see the underlying systems in the game to give people something to do (and therefore subscribe).

An equal number of players probably feel the opposite about the importance of gameplay vs. items.

The dev team probably (hopefully) has something in mind to replace the removed content with, but it still seems like a lot of work to set the whole scenario up and then just have it cease to be.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Spellbound Do the accounts all renew on the same day? The CC company might be seeing multiple charges for the exact same amount from the same entity occur within minutes of each other and reject them as possible fraud.

Might want to try renewing them individually a few days apart and see if it works.
09/10, 09/11, 09/22. A bunch more are coming up next month, some on the same dates on a third master account. thank you Dot_ Warner, I will definitely heed your advice and try to spread out the update renewals. I am in email contact with support presently.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Isn't the whole point to add things to the game that make people want to play the game and therefore subscribe to the game?

Why bother to spend limited development resources on something, anything, and then remove it?

For months the dev team has been saying they don't have the money/time/personnel power to create one-off content, so it seems odd to me that that is exactly what they have decided to do. Or maybe since the items stay in the game, it is considered permanent content, even if the gameplay associated with generating those items is removed.

Like I said previously, Kotl City itself doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this from a "why develop in this manner" standpoint. More of a behind the scenes thing on my part actually.

I guess I feel that the actual gameplay to get the items, is more important than the items themselves. So on a system level I would favor gameplay, but on a specific level of "this should happen with Kotl City" I don't really care. I just want to see the underlying systems in the game to give people something to do (and therefore subscribe).

An equal number of players probably feel the opposite about the importance of gameplay vs. items.

The dev team probably (hopefully) has something in mind to replace the removed content with, but it still seems like a lot of work to set the whole scenario up and then just have it cease to be.
Yep, and they did add things that made people want to play.

The problem is when they add things, it's summed up in this sentiment by Dot: (And the Turtle is rarely done anymore because...*yawn*)

If the team is willing to put development into items such as Kotl, permanent or temporary, I say go for it.

Not everything needs to be a permanent addition to the game, which has been proven throughout the last 19 years.

It's fine to have a different standpoint on how they should approach content like this, mine just happens to differ.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem is when they add things, it's summed up in this sentiment by Dot: (And the Turtle is rarely done anymore because...*yawn*)
Well, to be fair, if the Turtle dropped something other than an egg and some generic loot (not counting primers/pinks) people might do it more. The chance for one egg isn't enough to make people want to go over and over.

Simple fix would be to add the chance of a Shadowguard or quest reward from it on a Doom-like point system. Multiple eggs, etc.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As for Kotl City:

What will happen to the points ive turned in? Will the turn in and rewards be turned off also? Should I buy what I can now?

The dungeon is going to stay so we can get automatron heads?

I didn't really want bods for other crafting. Why turn off a group event and then add content that requires you to play alone.

They should add wild tigers to the Huntsmaster challenge to get that trophy instead of a reward item.

Other rewards look nice.

Thanks for the update and free 500 Sovereigns!

How will we be receiving those? And if I have 3 accounts that qualify but they are under the same master account, will I only get 500 total?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well, to be fair, if the Turtle dropped something other than an egg and some generic loot (not counting primers/pinks) people might do it more. The chance for one egg isn't enough to make people want to go over and over.

Simple fix would be to add the chance of a Shadowguard or quest reward from it on a Doom-like point system. Multiple eggs, etc.
Don't misunderstand, I wasn't being critical of what you were saying because the turtle spawn sucks.

The point was that after a while or in some cases short times, they become boring and people lose interest.

It wasn't because I thought you were being unappreciative or whatever.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm glad they turning off the new eodon arties til next year. if left on, would be worthless like most other things after afew months. now u have something to look forward to before people start crying and they add something to make it all worthless lol. just have fun there's plenty to do. I'm worried that the new bod reward system will be built for scripts and honest people lose again. I hope I wrong but with no real info on this, $&%4. just my opinions

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Am i the only person that finds BODing to be one of the most insanely boring, tedious,and just purely non-joyable aspects of this game? Not to be negative but what i take away from this is that they are removing a reason to visit kotl - something that should be fun, and if tweaked a bit could be a lot of fun - and transferring those rewards to something that just isn't fun. Is it me or does it seem that this newcontent is being wasted? Do players want this? And can someone explain to me how collecting/filling BODs is fun?

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am i the only person that finds BODing to be one of the most insanely boring, tedious,and just purely non-joyable aspects of this game? Not to be negative but what i take away from this is that they are removing a reason to visit kotl - something that should be fun, and if tweaked a bit could be a lot of fun - and transferring those rewards to something that just isn't fun. Is it me or does it seem that this newcontent is being wasted? Do players want this? And can someone explain to me how collecting/filling BODs is fun?
Well, looks like you never tried to get a runic Fletching tool in Heartwood. You craft something, turn it in and get junk most of the time. Thats boring and frustrating. Bods are way better. I wouldnt call it fun, but its rewarding. You craft, turn in and most of the time get the reward you wanted. Better than doing most bosses where you collect keys, do the boss, loot is crap and useful drops are rare. I am fine with Bods. Hopefully you can also get runic mallet and chisel this way.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Waiting on Spocks Beard to bash the devs plan of abandoning reason to visit content...
Don't get me wrong, I'm not super fond of the Kotl City thing. I think the "puzzles" are lame, the fight is boring, and the rewards are mediocre. But for some reason my girl loves it, I think mostly because things at least actually drop there, unlike most UO content where you're just sort of expected to farm for the rest of your life and hope you win the lottery.

But now they're ripping it out, because why exactly? Because it'll be farmed out into worthlessness eventually? Well it totally will, but so what? Deleting content to keep it from getting played out is like shooting your dog to keep it from getting old. Besides, stuff getting farmed into irrelevance never seemed to bother them much before. I mean if we're deleting crap nobody cares about because everyone has had their fill of it, they can take <insert your own list of stupid Mesanna-era additions nobody liked> and ditch those too.

And like what is there in this stupid newsletter to counter the bad news? What should I tell the GF to look forward to when she gets a new laptop for Christmas or something and inevitably wants us to go play World of Warcraft instead? "But honey they added some more trash mobs to that stupid worthless Huntsmaster Challenge, don't you want to get your very own NPC guild sign? Also they added some new beggables to this year's repeat of the Halloween event! And there might be something interesting at some ambiguous point in 2017!" Snore.

Then again this is the dev team that designed that whole ToL expansion without anyone ever stopping to ask:

"Hey guys, if greater dragons and turtle hatchlings are equal on paper, but you can farm through and tame the best of fifty dragons in the time it takes to get one turtle egg, won't turtles come to be ignored as soon as the novelty wears off?"

And that's something they should think about when they're reading this thread and want to write that Spock guy off as a jerk who doesn't appreciate their fine and well-designed work. They actually sat around for weeks or months and either nobody said that or they convinced themselves it was wrong.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Turtle absolutely needs unique drops other than the egg. I always assumed they would add some, but guess not.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point was that after a while or in some cases short times, they become boring and people lose interest.
I think the point was the reason the turtle has become boring is because there is no incentive to do it over any other boss encounter once you get an egg, assuming you want one. People still do a lot of the old bosses/champs regularly for example, because they still have desirable drops. I think its really weird turtle doesn't have unique stuff. Seems like a good place for a kick ass "turtle shell" shield or something.

I have to say I also think that not putting some other reason to visit Kotl after Halloween would be a mistake. Not because I am against temporary events, but because Eodon was introduced with very little content, and I thought this was a part of the effort to give people a reason to visit the area.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad they turning off the new eodon arties til next year.
I like the concept of various events rotating back and forth.

Taking an event away without replacing it with another is bit weird and utterly needless though. They have around half a dozen of various Treasures of X type of event created. Imho one should always be there, set to replace another. If Kotl goes away come November, then why not have Tokuno,or Doom, or whatever replace it in December or January? It's be nice to have a feeling that something is always either happening or about to happen. These events should not be some once-year annual thing but monthly/bi-monhtly.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Taking an event away without replacing it with another is bit weird and utterly needless though. They have around half a dozen of various Treasures of X type of event created. Imho one should always be there, set to replace another. If Kotl goes away come November, then why not have Tokuno,or Doom, or whatever replace it in December or January? It's be nice to have a feeling that something is always either happening or about to happen. These events should not be some once-year annual thing but monthly/bi-monhtly
THIS.

Seriously devs, pull up some Samurai Empire items, slap some modern stats on them, ta-da you've got a new set of Tokuno Artifacts. Turn Treasures of Tokuno back on with the new crap in place, and that'll keep us occupied for at least a good six months while you screw around with one of your pet boondoggles and pretend anyone is paying attention. Throw in some new Doom artifacts too and you'll have freed up basically an entire year to mess around tweaking armor refinements and adding junk to the huntmaster while everyone who doesn't read the forum fails to notice.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the concept of various events rotating back and forth.

Taking an event away without replacing it with another is bit weird and utterly needless though. They have around half a dozen of various Treasures of X type of event created. Imho one should always be there, set to replace another. If Kotl goes away come November, then why not have Tokuno,or Doom, or whatever replace it in December or January? It's be nice to have a feeling that something is always either happening or about to happen. These events should not be some once-year annual thing but monthly/bi-monhtly.
I actually like there being a yearly event like this, I had no issue with it leaving Doom, in fact I thought it was too bad it was in doom 2 years in a row. The issue I have with it is just that firstly, unlike treasures of Doom being something extra you could do in Doom, Kotl was made for this event. There's nothing else there. Secondly is like I mentioned they had openly stated they were working to provide Eodon with the content it lacked on launch, and this should (hopefully is) part of that.

The obvious answer here is to give the "battle simulation" either a boss, or a new, separate, point accumulation system like Covetous, or something. Whether they will add something new is up the in the air obviously, though we haven't heard of any plans, so hopefully the area doesn't just go completely to waste.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Isn't the Blackthorn's dungeon turn-in content always turned on?

We don't have to have ALL events turned on at ALL times.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

It is, but it has a much slower drop rate.
I'd be fine with this left on, but with the drop rate diminished to match that of Blackthorn's dungeon.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Kotl City is basically a holodeck. (Why a holodeck and no hot air balloons, @Kyronix ?!)

It's the absolute perfect setup for recreating ANY old scenario on a small scale, as well as new ones. Rotating content through Kotl is very logical and I hope that's what they are shooting for. They have created a framework that they could really do a lot with if they wanted to. Rotating content, different quests to activate different content, maybe even some way to make player created content (probably not likely, but would be awesome!)... lots of possibilities when you have something like the Kotl City.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Haha, just got around to mentioning this.

"Yeah they're getting rid of the kotl thing."
"What, why? I love it."

*draws a giant blank*

"Uh, I don't know."

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think the point was the reason the turtle has become boring is because there is no incentive to do it over any other boss encounter once you get an egg, assuming you want one. People still do a lot of the old bosses/champs regularly for example, because they still have desirable drops. I think its really weird turtle doesn't have unique stuff. Seems like a good place for a kick ass "turtle shell" shield or something.

I have to say I also think that not putting some other reason to visit Kotl after Halloween would be a mistake. Not because I am against temporary events, but because Eodon was introduced with very little content, and I thought this was a part of the effort to give people a reason to visit the area.
The overall point was that the same thing will happen to Kotl city whicj already has started.

In my opinion, this event has an adequate length.

It's simply a difference of opinion whether it should stay in Eodon.

But looks like they already made the decision so not much to argue here.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The overall point was that the same thing will happen to Kotl city whicj already has started.

In my opinion, this event has an adequate length.

It's simply a difference of opinion whether it should stay in Eodon.

But looks like they already made the decision so not much to argue here.
I'm really just arguing that something needs to go in there. If it's not this event, there really should be something else.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seriously this semi-derelict game is way way way past the point where the devs should be screwing around building whole systems just to turn them off after a couple months because reasons. I know this Kotl thing was just Doom/Blackthorn arties reskinned, but come on, they have like a four or five person team at this point. There should be virtually zero time to squander on temporary content.

Beldin Brightaxe

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna

From the newsletter:

3. Anyone that is trying to reopen an account please make sure you send all the information to [email protected] so we can have a record of this. In the original request to support if you do not know your secret word please ask for a hint. Give them all the information to identify the account as yours so there will not be a lot of delays.

Does this apply to 3 UO accounts on 2 master accounts that had the supposedly bad credit card denied this month by EA/BIOWARE/Mythic? My reoccurring PANCAKE nightmare is back every time the card company issues a new expiration date and card security code...never mind the card is 29 years old and the issuing company stated nothing has been blocked and the account is fine.

Even after updating the card info for the 2 master accounts, other accounts under the same master account are getting closed, and not by my choice. On the BIOWARE/Mythic account management site, the card info on the subsequent closures shows the newest numbers. Yet I still had to cancel the new card info and re-input the same card data to reactivate the accounts. I think I will need some assistance in making certain my grandfathered account doesn't get cancelled as well. Must I update the info on my Origin account also to match what is on the account management page? I know Mesanna was able to help last time!
This is the exact reason I started to use game-time codes. It was just way too much of a hassle when I started having these kinds of problems. Plus, since I'm an Origin Access member, I get 10% off the codes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Droprate down there is a pure and utter horror. Period. This droprate insults players.

And they treat CC-users like worthless trash (78 Euros vs 49 Euros per account). That's the exact opposite of a good marketing strategy.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Droprate down there is a pure and utter horror. Period. This droprate insults players.

And they treat CC-users like worthless trash (78 Euros vs 49 Euros per account). That's the exact opposite of a good marketing strategy.
I average 3-4 an hour, but it's ridiculous. For the # of mages I kill per hour, I should honestly get MUCH more than that. A few days ago, I decided to see if Balrons would be better with my sampire's normal suit (I usually use the Virtue Armor and Soul Seeker/Mage Slayer Talisman), and I killed a few dozen. I didn't get a single drop out of doing that.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I mean Jesus, devs, if you have something else planned for that location then fine, but maybe wait until the new thing is ready before you strip out the old one. However farmed out it gets in the meantime, it's more compelling than an empty dungeon.

Don't just take a place that currently has content and render it barren just because "duh if we left this gameplay here people would eventually get sick of it."

I'd seriously pay money to listen in on dev meetings just to hear how they rationalize this kind of stuff to each other.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
QFT

The drop rate is hellishly low. I too killed the mages when the area wasn't camped by the obvious scripter (Every day, 23 hours a day? Seriously? This isn't automatically popping up red flags to GMs?!) I managed to get 100 drops without slitting my wrists so I could get epaulets. Then I remembered I also wanted a woodland belt tangle and much swearing ensued.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT

The drop rate is hellishly low. I too killed the mages when the area wasn't camped by the obvious scripter (Every day, 23 hours a day? Seriously? This isn't automatically popping up red flags to GMs?!) I managed to get 100 drops without slitting my wrists so I could get epaulets. Then I remembered I also wanted a woodland belt tangle and much swearing ensued.

:facepalm:
What does QFT mean?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't think that the drop rate at Blackthorn's is THAT bad. It could be a bit faster, sure, but if you are in a hurry, there are always the captains that can be killed fairly fast, unless the RNG hates you and gives you daemon or fey spawn at the city pods.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that the drop rate at Blackthorn's is THAT bad. It could be a bit faster, sure, but if you are in a hurry, there are always the captains that can be killed fairly fast, unless the RNG hates you and gives you daemon or fey spawn at the city pods.
I think that's the reason it's so slow. To give the captains purpose. I just wish they were a bit more soloable.