• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online ideas for in-game art + video #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

Adventurer
Greetings Ultima community , hope you will enjoy it. I am creator of this small project and I make it in my spare time.

as it’s relevant to Ultima Universe. I wanted to share with you guys.

A small project called Ultima Online “LandFall” and it is a game expansion. Includes in-game assets with classic original style but with new in-game stuff like: ( tiles, blacksmith, chair … etc ). Basically a casual project with new fans based graphic. Maybe it would be interesting to take a look and share your option. It would help a lot for this project.

Game design concept ( where I talk about how I made the video and the in-game assets )
more you can read at my personal blog :
LandFall 2.8v in Making part 1

This project is featured on: 팬메이드 : 랜드폴 and UO LandFall: Enhanced Graphics for Ultima Online

( would love future your questions and answers in my channel to have a discussion )
have great day !

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Ultima community , hope you will enjoy it. I am creator of this small project and I make it in my spare time.

A small project called Ultima Online “LandFall” and it is a game expansion. Includes in-game assets with classic original style but with new in-game stuff like: ( tiles, blacksmith, chair … etc ). Basically a casual project with new fans based graphic. Maybe it would be interesting to take a look and share your option. It would help a lot for this project.

Game design concept ( where I talk about how I made the video and the in-game assets )

have great day !
100x better than new official art. It actually (gasp) fits the game world, in both style and native resolution detail. Well done.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No no it is not it's horrible what is that 16 bit ?????

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me it hasnt quite captured the look, feel and magic of the Classic Client. I have to say though it looks way way better than the EC.

Kartman

Adventurer
No no it is not it's horrible what is that 16 bit ?????
it is low bit graphics but it is still used in classic Ultima Online and did not expect that everybody will like it. It's start and beginning to improve the game and to share my thoughts with you community. This week I will upload video and do Q&A ( same time promote Ultima Online). Make sure you subscribe.

I know that "BroadSword" team is small and probably budget is small too but why than not help them to develop better Ultima Online. It's just start and I do not have that hug experience to make something what everybody likes as well as a gamer in long term. What I can do is try to improve it with your response Ultima community and with my concept ideas.
Example: Magic Oven , Roads ... etc ( more you can find in my personal blog )

What do you think should be improved in Ultima Online or not imploded ? or maybe it is waste of time and everybody loves how the Ultima Online is now ?
( As mentioned: would love future your questions and answers in my channel to have a discussion )

Your answers are the most important because it will help me a lot to know the direction I should go !

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok UO has poor graphics... but you guys are insane those are beyond poor that's like Old SNES or something old... that's like me playing old console games pre-64 days.

That looks like crap.

At this point UO has made it's grave... swapping out community for greed... when Itemization began to take its hold UO fell into it's deathlike grasp... it's been a slow strangling since. Now it's no longer about doing things for fun or entertainment its all about making a buck.... and I'm not talking about gold. You know it... I know it.... the DEVs know it.

The only one not making money off UO is EA. Guess that's why they pawned it off on Broadsword... I wonder how much money is being made by everyone else and think you know if EA was making that money from UO instead of them... It would probably have decent graphics and a modern 3d engine by now.

Kartman

Adventurer
Ok UO has poor graphics... but you guys are insane those are beyond poor that's like Old SNES or something old... that's like me playing old console games pre-64 days.

That looks like crap.

At this point UO has made it's grave... swapping out community for greed... when Itemization began to take its hold UO fell into it's deathlike grasp... it's been a slow strangling since. Now it's no longer about doing things for fun or entertainment its all about making a buck.... and I'm not talking about gold. You know it... I know it.... the DEVs know it.

The only one not making money off UO is EA. Guess that's why they pawned it off on Broadsword... I wonder how much money is being made by everyone else and think you know if EA was making that money from UO instead of them... It would probably have decent graphics and a modern 3d engine by now.
Hello , you have very good point Sir ! Thank you for the feed back.

They can make it with amazing engine but nothing is happening and even in nearest future. I know lot of people will disagree but Ultima Online is dying.You know it that the developers need to gain profit from the game. They have to satisfied clients and bring something new to attract new clients for the game, to continue support server costs and employees salaries.

Good idea was to go on "Steam" but is Ultima Online ready ? Mores so " Ultima forever: Quest for the Avatar" , "Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn" - not that successful. It's easy said than done :Question is what should we do ? wait when Ultima Online disappears or take an action ?

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

This project is featured on: 팬메이드 : 랜드폴 and UO LandFall: Enhanced Graphics for Ultima Online

( would love future your questions and answers in my channel to have a discussion )
have great day !
So do you have UOs permission to use their name in your title or better yet is this an approved UO addon?

Kartman

Adventurer
So do you have UOs permission to use their name in your title or better yet is this an approved UO addon?
Thanks for asking.
It's not to have permission to get form EA approval because I am not making a new game or more worse stealing their franchise.

Based on Ultima community I am improving the game with ideas and solutions. Not sayig it's the best ideas but it's a start. As a community we could help "BroadSword" studio for there productivity and future plans.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for asking.
It's not to have permission to get form EA approval because I am not making a new game or more worse stealing their franchise.

Based on Ultima community I am improving the game with ideas and solutions. Not sayig it's the best ideas but it's a start. As a community we could help "BroadSword" studio for there productivity and future plans.
Didn't you make this for one of those illegal UO sites first and do we have permission to change the graphics in the CC?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may be totally wrong but I would think there would be some Copyright, licensing and intellectual property issues here. The as you point out there is the 3rd party unapproved angle "Illegal UO Sites"

As a community we could help "BroadSword" studio for there productivity and future plans.
Unsolicited help can get you in a pretty deep legal quagmire.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a bit confused here, If the name is Landfall why are you using Ultima Online in the game title? Since that name is protected I am pretty sure you have to get legal permission to use it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am a bit confused here, If the name is Landfall why are you using Ultima Online in the game title? Since that name is protected I am pretty sure you have to get legal permission to use it.
ie... Cease and desist or suffer the wrath of the Dark Lady ;)

not to mention the army of undead lawyers :hahaha:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet you could sue him for daring to use "ultima online®™" in the title of his fan art project! Go get that rascally criminal!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GOOGLE is your friend and you will find out that this was first written for one of those other sites and it looks like it changes the graphics files for the CC. Is this ok to do, change the CC Graphics like this? And the name is Ultima Online LandFall.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I bet you could sue him for daring to use "ultima online®™" in the title of his fan art project! Go get that rascally criminal!
umm... seems to be more than that imo... I mean "It's extension to legendary 2D game Ultima Online. Still is Public Pre-Alpha" and:

Q: … Whats the purpose of this though? New UO client or new game? …
A: It is a game extension for Ultima Online. I am simply trying to make it interactive with new content to give depth to the game.

Both taken from the YouTube page... yeah, for that ya kinda need permission don't ya *shrugs*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And isn't it funny that they take down an image because it shows a bad type program but let this thread run unchecked. What is sad is people are asking about UO posting here and this is the thread that gets the Dark Lady's attention

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I asked Mesanna directly about this, because we as a team were unsure of the motives behind the OP's post, or the authentic nature of "Landfall".
She responded to me directly and here, expressing concern over this being affiliated directly with Ultima Online.

This place in our forums is reserved to the official BS/EA Ultima Online, and they have made it clear this isn't part of their official game development. The title, video, and affiliation with the name Ultima Online can be misleading, and there also may be legal issues associated with the use of the Ultima Online title on an official level without prior permission.

Therefore this thread is now locked and will be moved to the OT forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.