• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima online has..............

A

Argantes

encountered a problem and needs to close. :(
ive succesfully upgraded my acc to SA, i use the 2d client, patch session has completed. any help please? i had same problem after downloading the open beta classic client, just forgot about it on that occasion.

D

Drakenmerc

i'm getting the same thing right after the AoS splash screen.

if I reinstall it crashes right after the movies :(

A

Argantes

Well I've completely reinstalled Ultima Online, but still getting the error message. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

O

Old Man of UO

Are you using modified graphics files? These seem to block the patching process... which may have been put in place to stop the tree stump hack. If that is what the problem is, I think you have to restore the files or do a complete reinstall.

More info in this UHall thread:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=156030

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have had the same problem. patch goes ok but then crashes when i hit ok. Trying to work with EA thru their email help system is not working that great. i too have never modified any part of UO. Had same problem with the beta. have reinstalled 3 times and do not know what to do next

A

Argantes

welcome to my boat. thing is, ive played this game for 3years on this same machine....... so i can only guess its something in the patch.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like other people are having this problem too, and I dont see any solutions yet. Hang in there, as soon as I see something I will post an announcement to this board.

G

gjohnson5

I've had this problem sporadically. Personally random crashing probably a sign of either bad ram or incompatible ram sticks. I would download a ram tester in dos mode. Boot from floppy or CD and run a complete diagnostic.

http://www.memtest.org/

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have the same issues. It's rediculous. I think its an xp issue because I installed from disk and went through all the updates on my friends vista pc with no issues at all and can log in. And it's not my pc, that's for sure. All my equipment is testing out just fine and I build my own systems, making sure to match equipment to avoid any compatibility issues etc. So unless I go to my friends house to play, I am no longer in game. Personally I think they should refund my money for my subscription fees until this stability issue has been resolved but that would be a pipe dream.

Now I remember why I didn't really care when I came back to the game after my last deployment in the RL Army to find I forgot to renew my sub and my castle dropped. Just don't really care anymore I guess. Way to go development team! You have convinced me to not care about a game that I have played for over 8 years. Every time I return from a RL Military Deployment it seems like the game gets worse...

meh.... have fun folks, I think this time I'm done for good unless something drastic changes and quick.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey elven archer, i agree with you. My response from EA has been pretty pathetic by industry standards. i have now tried loading game about 10 times. i too am running xp.

Thanks Shamus Turlough for helping out. i really do not know what to try. i am not super computer ilit to begin with

M

MaceAho

encountered a problem and needs to close.
I downloaded it and did the 9th cd thing both crash after patch is complete :cursing:

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt get a response from EA from my inquiry on Thursday. i tried defraging then install, but did not work. up to like 12 install tries. MaceAho, seems like some people were able to fix it with multiple install attempts

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a problem with installing from disc, but bypassed this by downloading the client off of the uo.com site. I am however still experiencing the issue of the client.exe crashing after the UO Patch window, or after i start UOA (UOA downloads the same update EVERY time I run it) it also crashes immediately (I don't even see client.exe appear in my processes tab at all when it happens).

D

Drakenmerc

Well I have called EA 3 times. After trying all the crap they asked me to do still no luck. I am now waiting for an email from the tech guys. the Call center can't help me anymore and put in a ticket to the next level.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Give em a call guys let them know whats up.

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not tried calling EA as of yet, but i have tried using their email help system and have not gotten very good response. running xp, i crash after hiting ok when it has finished patching. This is the file that comes up in the error report;

C:\DOCUME~1\carl\LOCALS~1\Temp\9fef_appcompat.txt

Seems like other people have had same problem and some have gotten it fixed by multiple reload attempts. i have probably loaded UO around 15 times at this point.

Still waiting for a reply from EA from my Friday question.

kinda sucks with all the new content out

O

OutintheCold

As a newly returning player months ago I had this same problem after I wiped and reloaded everything. What I found out with the help of ea was that I didnt update my drivers. I play on an old machine too and I think that is what the problem is now.

With s/a now I am unable to log in again. I didnt upgrade and from what i see here I am not going to. Spend fourty dollars for something I cant play? Even though the folks at EA are trying to convince me that is why i cant play. I know better.

I cant upgrade my pc right now so im probably done too if they dont let us go back to pre s/a. Depending on who you ask at ea they say you can. just wont tell me how......:wall:

D

Drakenmerc

Okay Got mine fixed. I had to reformat and did not reinstall my audio drivers.

Put in the audio drivers and it worked perfect