• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS "Ultima Forever" hits CNN

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Anyone get a copy of this - It's not available on the CNN.com server, despite being searchable.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's working now - that's weird. I was getting the type of message one normally gets when an article is removed.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Article makes it sound promising. Question will be if people who have grown up on games where the purpose is to butcher & kill others to win will be capable of being interested in a game like this. For a quarter century, or for many, their entire lives, they've had their brains washed & rinsed by kill, kill, kill games as killing others being the only way to solve their problems.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Grats, Jeff, et al. :)

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grats, Jeff, et al. :)
If U4E sells well and the returns are applied at least in high percentage back to UO I think many of us will a Very different opinion of Jeff.
I think most of us did not have the patience to have this vision upon reading Jeff's short letter.
We were expecting a letter from him more along the lines of what Mesanna released.
We are a quirky group are we not?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Quirky in the best sense. :)

W

Woodsman

If U4E sells well and the returns are applied at least in high percentage back to UO I think many of us will a Very different opinion of Jeff.
If EA won't invest UO profits back into UO, what makes you think they'll invest U4E profits into UO?

We all know that EA would have canned UO if it had been losing money over the last 3 years. What's happened over the last 3 years? UO has been steadily losing devs. We went from the Stygian Abyss down to High Seas down to the theme packs down to what we have now. EA doesn't even bother trying to make more money from us - there are plenty of vanity things they could throw in the cash shop, but they don't.

That list of stuff that Mesanna put out, that got all of us excited? If EA would take some of UO's profits and increase the size of the team, they could be working on that stuff now, and not have to wait 6 months or more. The high resolution graphics that were worked on from last year up through June could have been finished. Tons of stuff could have been done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If EA won't invest UO profits back into UO, what makes you think they'll invest U4E profits into UO?

We all know that EA would have canned UO if it had been losing money over the last 3 years. What's happened over the last 3 years? UO has been steadily losing devs. We went from the Stygian Abyss down to High Seas down to the theme packs down to what we have now. EA doesn't even bother trying to make more money from us - there are plenty of vanity things they could throw in the cash shop, but they don't.

That list of stuff that Mesanna put out, that got all of us excited? If EA would take some of UO's profits and increase the size of the team, they could be working on that stuff now, and not have to wait 6 months or more. The high resolution graphics that were worked on from last year up through June could have been finished. Tons of stuff could have been done.
First word of mine in your quote.
Started with an I
Ended with an F
Rock on

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone run across the U4E system requirements? The website doesn't give them. I'm curious if my laptop can handle it given it'll work on an Ipad.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In it, the hero must achieve the highest levels in eight virtues: Valor, Justice, Honor, Compassion, Honestly, Humility, Sacrifice and Spirituality. Through actions in the game, players strive to become a shining example of good for the population.
Funny how they never even finished the eight virtues in UO. But morals make video games fun. Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite. Dragon Age certainly upped the ante. Will be interesting to see how Ultima Forever ends up looking, and feeling.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good thug they finished the virtues on ultima forever...and not UO..grand choices!