• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UI mods

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just looking around for all the other Mod's that used to be here. It seems that the site that I had linked is no longer up. I believe it was the uomodders site.

So I guess my question is are the other UI's still available? And if so where can I download any of them?

Thanks

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As far as I am aware The answer is no! I will do some looking around today and see what I can find!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked for awhile and was unable to come up with anything. I hope you have better luck, and thanks for helping.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked for awhile and was unable to come up with anything. I hope you have better luck, and thanks for helping.
basically there was few more UI:

- Dermott's mods: now are a texture pack for my UI.

- Lucis Interface: the development has been stopped.

There used to be other texture only UI around but are gone by like 2 years or more...

That's why you can't find any link :p

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The long stretch of inactivity on EC development is one of the main culprits as to the demise of the Exchange. That alone accounts for at least 3 modders that I know of stopping their developments. I think in Illandril's case it was more of real life being an issue as to why the site itself was shut down.

Right now, Pinco's is the de-facto player-made UI and as such I've directed what UI modding I do to interact on that level (that being texture mods).

I also want it to be known that I haven't "defected" per se from the Exchange and I understand and support the decisions made by the previous modders.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks guys I was pretty sure they were all gone !

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think in Illandril's case it was more of real life being an issue as to why the site itself was shut down.
That is mostly correct.
I only have time to play UO about an hour a month right now... and I'd much rather spend that time playing than modding, which is why I stopped work on mods myself.

The site was shut down because I didn't know of anybody who was interested in using it, and I was moving things around on my host (so it was more work to migrate the site than it was to just shut it down).

I still own the domain, and I am willing to host a new repository and site if interest grows. I'd also be fine transferring the domain to somebody if they would like to take it, as long as I thought the person follow the same principles of open sharing between modders that I started the site on.