• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uh Oh, I got a bad feeling about this.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember anyone saying anything about "balancing" bards.
:stir:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well what is not coming is my samurai pig. I didnt get approval because he 2-hitted the slasher of veils and I'm not supposed to make stuff that powerful. :lie:

j/k

I'm giving bards some -special- attention. Some people from SA beta or the TC forum may offer insight as to their opinions on what that attention seems to bring. Screaming, gnashing of teeth, weeping, and all sorts of wonderous stuff are bound to ensue.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my quests are done and going through testing.

Yes there are goats involved.

I'm hoping players don't find a way to complete my quests in 30 seconds.
That would be quite frustrating.

Of course the powers that be wont let me put a bomb trigger in that causes people who complete the quest in too short a time to explode.

Hehehehe.

Ooh speaking of explosions. Explosions will be involved in some way.
Maybe.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was discussing exploding goats with Phoenix yesterday.

The goats dont explode. -yet-

Bards:
I know the UO community has an aversion to change but dont despair, i'm hoping the slight adjustments will invigorate the bard playstyle without giving them too much tribulation. I think what I like most about UO players is their resilience in the face of changes, and hope to inspire new ideas that aid the preservance of the UO bard without forcing players into having to re-learn how to play their characters. (Peacing Poisoning fencing ninja mystic bard 4tw!! with explosion pots too)

One of the hardest thing to me about being a dev is having to wait to play the game. The second hardest is finding the time to play. I havent gotten any new artifacts because i just havent had the time to go get them on a production shard.

I think I'm going to go work on making the goats explode.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well one could apply that to a variety of skills or classes.
Players tend to be very vocal about change. Very few changes tend to get made to things that are working well. -(Notice I didn't say bards particularly)
So bards may have not gotten any attention for a while, but they weren't exactly broken.