• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ugent: House is fairly worn after reactivating account!

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an account to hold a second house, which I reactivate every 3 months, just when the house reaches condemned status. Usually, after next server maintenance the house is fine again. This time, the house remained in condemned status. I reactivated the account 3 days ago, and the house is meanwhile fairly worn.
Can someone tell me why this isn't working?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, with the house owner character, I opened the house sign and the front door.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give it till serverup, if still decaying after 24 hours then page GM.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same issue. It's been a couple of days for me and my house progressed to fairly worn today. I just emailed [email protected] and submitted a ticket. I also got a "knowledge" base response when I paged a GM. Let's see if anything can be done...

There is one hope for us. The account server got an upgrade to allow for MyUO to refresh properly. All of Origin's characters are back up on MyUO and I hope to see the other shards up there tomorrow as well. I wonder if also affects the house refresh and if after tomorrow, the houses will refresh properly.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this wording when paging a GM:

I reactivated an account and my house is still decaying, it is not owned by OSI. I have been in game longer than 24 hours, please refresh it for me.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A friend of mine forgot to reactivate their account the house was greatly worn, Not wanting to chance it falling they transfer it and condemned their other house. thinking since the one account was now house free, and they didn't accept or place a house that account could now accept a house. They couldn't transfer the house over.They got the message they had to wait like 40 something hours before they could accept a house. and the usual cuz you placed or accepted a house in a trade yadda yadda, Since the house was not placed and no house was accepted. We figured the 40 something hours was what was left over for the idoc timer. They waited out the 40 something hours t(2 days) transfer the house.
Now I know this works this way for a reactivated account so please do not use this info for placing and condemning a house, and trading it and condemning another house, and waiting for the idoc timer to run out.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I reactivated an account and my house is still decaying, it is not owned by OSI. I have been in game longer than 24 hours, please refresh it for me.
Yeah, for the second time on this issue, the GMs just refer me to the knowledge base and suggest opening up a ticket which I did. I used your working Sarsmi, but no luck. I wouldn't mind so much if a GM just wrote that they don't have to the power to refresh houses, but I'd like to know that rather than wondering if the GMs are just brushing me off with a standard response to housing questions.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, for the second time on this issue, the GMs just refer me to the knowledge base and suggest opening up a ticket which I did. I used your working Sarsmi, but no luck. I wouldn't mind so much if a GM just wrote that they don't have to the power to refresh houses, but I'd like to know that rather than wondering if the GMs are just brushing me off with a standard response to housing questions.
They can do it, you just got a dumb GM, which unfortunately happens. I'd repage a couple hours later and try to get one who knows what to do.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
GM_Inarea fixed me right up and the wait time was less than 30 minutes. Great service - thank you EA Support!

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GM_Inarea fixed me right up and the wait time was less than 30 minutes. Great service - thank you EA Support!
This is my third time in the wait queue. If I get a canned response, I'm requesting GM_Inarea by name in my next try and if she shows, I'm going to go find her pumpkins and create a shrine for her!

Aha, GM Balendros just messaged me and fixed the problem. Excellent work GM Balendros!

I also have to give a shout out to Jessica Folsom, who answered my emails to [email protected]. Thank you for taking the time to look into this!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gonna bookmark this thread and throw it at the next person that starts complaining about bad GMs over on UHall ;)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gonna bookmark this thread and throw it at the next person that starts complaining about bad GMs over on UHall ;)
Well, I'm still a little miffed at the GMs who gave me canned responses yesterday. If they would've responded as GM Balendros did today, it would've saved me some money. I'll give credit to the good GMs, however.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You both are lucky, I got the canned message that the GM's couldn't help please see the knowledge database. Thankfully it refreshed at server up the next day.

W

Woev Kianan

I reactivated an account and my house failed to refresh. I contacted customer support and a GM "fixed" the problem. I notice that fixing it made it a grandfathered house. I have to refresh it manually. I know I should shut up and see if I can place a second house, but really am nervous about the grandfathered status.

Thoughts & suggestions?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reactivated an account and my house failed to refresh. I contacted customer support and a GM "fixed" the problem. I notice that fixing it made it a grandfathered house. I have to refresh it manually. I know I should shut up and see if I can place a second house, but really am nervous about the grandfathered status.

Thoughts & suggestions?

Pretty sure placing a second house will condemn it. The GM screwed up. If you really want to know what will happen you can wait till server down and place a house and see what happens when you try to refresh it.

Honestly this sounds like a big pain to me. If for some reason you are gone for a few days or forget, you could lose your house quite easily. I'd repage and get it fixed (or just drop and replace the house if it's not totally full of stuff or is a castle or something). Resize option would work pretty well for that.