• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two questions

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posted these questions in Thieves and PvP thieves forums and in the one for Alchemy....60+ views and not one answer. At least here you can guarantee a response.;p

My thrown Greater Explo potions are doing no damage to a target player. Have I missed something in an update or is this a deliberate change? This was tested indoors and outdoors in Fel at ranges 0, 1 and 2 tiles. The thrower is getting damaged, but not the other player. I have tried with Faction char and non-Faction. I am stumped...

Does anyone know what effect Woodland armour has on stealthing and passive detection?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has the answer to either of these.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They got changed awhile back I think. My guild tried to have an event where the only weapons/spells allowed were purple potions. Didn't pan out at all because they just werent working.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You really need alchemy or EP to make them even pretend viable and even then with modern suits your not getting much bang out of them. I will test them out some and see on that. Woodland armor I believe functions like plate unless the mage armor property is attached to it.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I had 50EP and GM alchemy on the template I was testing but the whole premise falls apart if the aggressive use of Explosion potions has been disabled. Was that ever actually announced? If it was, there was very little complaint...

I though Woodland would work like plate too - until I tested it and have yet to fail a stealth check wearing 5 pieces...none with mage property. It is still non-medable which limits its application in many templates.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I had 50EP and GM alchemy on the template I was testing but the whole premise falls apart if the aggressive use of Explosion potions has been disabled. Was that ever actually announced? If it was, there was very little complaint...

I though Woodland would work like plate too - until I tested it and have yet to fail a stealth check wearing 5 pieces...none with mage property. It is still non-medable which limits its application in many templates.
Is this GM plate or NPC plate your testing it against out of curiosity? Also not sure if its flat been disabled, but it doesn't really do much damage.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 100 Hiding and 80 Stealth, I certainly seem to be able to stealth around fairly easily wearing 5 (!) Exceptionally crafted Woodland pieces. Stealth checks are denoted by the message "You begin to move quietly" - I have yet to fail one wearing 5 pieces of Woodland...none of the pieces have Mage armour property - it's my sampire suit.

With 5 pieces of Exceptionally crafted Plate - I get "You could not hope to move quietly in this much armour" or similar. With 4 pieces I fail to stealth a LOT...but at least get to try

With 3 Exceptionally Crafted pieces of chain, I cannot stealth. I can stealth with 2 pieces, but fail a lot of checks... With one piece, I fail occasionally - far too often to be worth wearing it even if there was a reason to...

With 4 Exceptionally crafted pieces of Ringmail, I cannot stealth. With 2 or 3 pieces, I fail regularly. Wearing Ringmail gloves only, I stealth and pass multiple checks.

With Exceptionally Crafted Studded, I fail with any more than 2 items. Importantly, I fail wearing tunic and sleeves, the pieces I am most interested in.

Again in exceptionally crafted pieces, I can stealth perfectly well in full Leaf armour. Interestingly, I CAN stealth in 5 pieces of Hide but fail regularly. However, In no other set of armour apart from leatherand Woodland can I stealth reliably in 5 pieces.

Looks as though Elven armour is inherently more stealth "friendly" but that Woodland has not (bug?) been appropriately penalised.

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the answer to the Explosion question...finally:

"There was a change a long time ago:
If the thrower is blue/grey, only enemy guildies, criminals and murderers can be hurt.
If the thrower is a murderer, any player can be hurt.

So if you're blue/grey, you can't hurt blues."

Reading between the lines, I interpret this as intended to prevent ppl using cooperative blues as cover and making ppl take counts to get at them. Understandable if not exactly physics...