• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two (likely unfulfillable) wishes

P

pgcd

I've just resized my house and turned it into a classic tower - and now I find myself wishing for two items that I suppose are not available.
The first one I kinda have a small hope for: some way to create a curtain/screen/whatever that I can pass through (the idea is to have something like a separated area in my ground floor to have all my crafting stuff out of the way but reachable without stairs). I think that actual curtains might be used for that but they look way more posh than a workshop is supposed to look, and I'm too poor to use a heritage token for a deco item. So, any ideas?

The second one is, I guess, just wishful thinking: is there any add-on that works like a teleporter? I'd love to be able to reach my roof without climbing three flight of stairs with a directionally-challenged beetle in tow...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 yes, the heritage token curtains or the bod reward tapestries can both be walked through.
2. not to my knowledge, but if you tell your beetle 'all come' it will navigate better.

P

Paidric

For the curtain, you can try pilling up gnarled staves and quarter staves. This will make a curtain-like wall.
You could also try to pile up bandages in stacks of 2, on several adjacent tiles. It depends though on the direction of your "wall".
Another alternative was to use cut-cloth, not the one tile wide ones, but the smaller ones, but only works in one direction.
You could also possibly try a wooden wall using logs in stacks of 2, but you need to keep in mind that items in stacks of 2 don't show up in KR as stacks but as single items.

Good luck with it :)

And to confirm what Petra said... no teleporters. Would be nice for legacy houses though... I'd love some in my keeps :)

L

Lord Drakelord

Tailor Bod reward taps can also be used as a curtain.

T

Tazar

As far as the teleporter goes, I think the closest thing is the spring cleaning "Mousehole". It will take you from floor to floor easily if you are in rat or slime form - but good luck getting the packbeetle to follow... :p

P

pgcd

Thanks everybody for the suggestions (except the mousehole one =P), I'll try to see what I can do with bandages etc before moving on to harder deco stuff.

T

Tay M'real

I've just resized my house and turned it into a classic tower - and now I find myself wishing for two items that I suppose are not available.
The first one I kinda have a small hope for: some way to create a curtain/screen/whatever that I can pass through (the idea is to have something like a separated area in my ground floor to have all my crafting stuff out of the way but reachable without stairs). I think that actual curtains might be used for that but they look way more posh than a workshop is supposed to look, and I'm too poor to use a heritage token for a deco item. So, any ideas?

The second one is, I guess, just wishful thinking: is there any add-on that works like a teleporter? I'd love to be able to reach my roof without climbing three flight of stairs with a directionally-challenged beetle in tow...

1. Heritage tokens have the curtains. This may seem kinda dumb but when I had a tower, I used black staves and stacked bolts of cloths (they can be dyed any color you want) and created a curtain effect...they are passable too...I would do it like this

[============] (black staff raised using ID tool)
\\ (2 stacked bolts - dyed, raised accordingly with ID Tool
\\ (see above)

You could also use keyrings to look like the hooks

as for 2...not that I am aware of.
\\

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old school curtains are cute, but the devs should have considered the tragic deco consequences of their decision to prevent purchase of certain items from NPC on Siege. :(

-Skylark

F

Flora Green

As much as I love items like the heritage curtains, there's something charming about the old way of doing things like in Sarsmi's pics. I remember touring houses back in the day for ideas or how excited I'd get if I came up with something. :D