• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two handed axer paladin v. 2.0

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hellos,

Here is my new template "Two handed axer paladin". As far best item & skill template I have used for sooloing. There is nothing special on skill more like item set is unique.

About template and item set:
* No "random drop items" items, all imbuable (Just for jewelry you need plain SSI and DI jewerly)
* No need for potions (Str and Dex 150 from set)
* Full resistances 75,75,75,75,80 with DCI 20 for elf character
* Set have made with phys recist 90 for protection casting from scroll
* Stamina 213 (without buffs) with SSI 35 gives max swing speed for 3.75 speed weapons
* HPI 150 (without buffs)
* Mana 78 with chivalry tier 3 mastery, base 63
* HCI 45 / DCI 20 (DCI 20 cannot be higher than 20 because of refinements)
* LMC 46 (6 from heavy armours)
* DI 100 without weapon! (So I can imbue weapon with for example HML, HSL, HLL, HLA, HLD)
* No mace & shield classes, but I imbue HLD to weapon
* Mostly uses two handed axes with onslaught sometimes bladed staff
* Healing comes from HLL, CW and Confidence

Skills I use:
* Most time: All skills 120 Swordmanship, Parry, Bushido, Anatomy, Tactics, Chivalry
* Special cases 1: All skills 120 Swordmanship, 60 Parry, 120 Bushido, 120 Tactics, 120 Chivalry, Musicianship 90, Discordance 90 (Here I need special ring & brace with disco and musicianship +15)
* Special cases 2: All skills 120 Swordmanship, Parry, Bushido, Resisting spells, Tactics, Chivalry

Pros:
* Can swap swordmanship for archery and still got nice SSI for composite long bow
* No potion / other consumable buff needed
* DI capped without weapon
* Jewelry can be changed for 1/3 if needed pretty easily
* All resistances max (+5 over capped with refinements)
* I can use pretty slow two handed axe as main weapon because of stamina and SSI
* Set easy to replicate because no legendary / other "random drop items"
* Easy to swap skills, like anatomy 120 to recist spells 120 for some casting monsters
* Slayer comes from Cameo talisman. So I need only 5 different imbued 100% elemental (1 of every elemental type) on most situation. (So I can make 30 different combinations with weapons and Cameos)
* Protection can be casted without resistance loss

Cons:
* FC/FCR 0/0 for basic set
* Fire recist 75, so not suitable for sampire
* DCI cap 20 from refinements
* No mace & shield classes, but I imbue HLD to weapon
* No poison protection as sampire, but can eat orange pedals

This is as far best template I have ever got.

As far I have soloed all these very easily:
* Most of champion spawns
* Dreahorn
* Paroxymos
* Navrey
* Medusa

I will test Travesty, Roof and Corgul soon.

Set stats:

Imbued parts:

Example weapon:

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It looks like standard Bushido Paladin (All skills 120 Swordmanship, Parry, Bushido, Anatomy , Tactics, Chivalry). And yes, it is a very good template.

Using Two Handed Axe instead of Double Axe gives you 6% more damage. But you still need to switch to Double Axe for WW.

For more damage with a Two Handed Axe you'd better to use sword mastery and Onslaught instead of chivalry master.

Monsters you listed can be do solo by most of templates.

p.s. I used Two Handed Axe with my Disco-Necro-Swordsman. He does a lot of damage, especially when replaces RS with LJ (against some monsters).

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks like standard Bushido Paladin (All skills 120 Swordmanship, Parry, Bushido, Anatomy , Tactics, Chivalry). And yes, it is a very good template.

Using Two Handed Axe instead of Double Axe gives you 6% more damage. But you still need to switch to Double Axe for WW.

For more damage with a Two Handed Axe you'd better to use sword mastery and Onslaught instead of chivalry master.

p.s. I used Two Handed Axe with my Disco-Necro-Swordsman. He does a lot of damage, especially when replaces RS with LJ (against some monsters).
Yes. I there is nothing special on template skills just more like items. Most I see in forums uses something like stamina near 180 and DI on weapon and mace & shield classes.

There is nothing special on skills (And I did not said there is). Bonus from Items are pretty different than I see on other forum templates. (Like max str and dex from items, so no potion macroing during game)

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two Handed Axe you'd better to use sword mastery and Onslaught instead of chivalry master.
Sure. I was wondering about bushido and parry masteries also. Are they total waste?
I am returning player and not very familar with masteries yet.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Mines pretty similar, except I have skill increase items so have 65 points in Poisoning as well as 120 in the others, it's very useful for curing. I also don't use Cameo's so save like 1.2b on the suit there. I use Onslaught but achieve a similar amount of mana as you do with the Chivalry mastery. I would say most of the dexxer ones are a waste except Onslaught.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry Mastery at level 3 with Rejuvenate restores all your health, mana, and stamina once an hour. It's a nice emergency heal. Holy Fist not to shabby either.

You can have multiple Masteries. Switch to the one that fits the situation. There just a ten minute timer on switching.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Few points:

"Using Two Handed Axe instead of Double Axe gives you 6% more damage."
It is not all about damage. Also leeches are higher.

"But you still need to switch to Double Axe for WW."
I do not see reason to change yo WW on most bosses, maybe Neira and Barracoon.

"Monsters you listed can be do solo by most of templates."
Yes I have soloed those on many templates. I meaned tha with this template/item set makes them super easy all

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What mods are you putting on most of your weapons?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What mods are you putting on most of your weapons?
Got 3 different type now:

HLA, HLD, HLL, HML + Hit Fatigue
HLA, HLD, HLL, HML + Hit Mana drain
HLA, HLD, HLL, HML , HSL

Mostly I dont need HSL because of heavy armour stamina protection. Just for heavy hitters. I got stamina up with Divine Fury.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
am i the only one thinking..aha ok, so u made a suit, good job, but err lets see it then ?
Some pictures, would be nice, if anyone wishes to replicate your work, or in general are intrested in seeing how u build it :p

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
am i the only one thinking..aha ok, so u made a suit, good job, but err lets see it then ?
Some pictures, would be nice, if anyone wishes to replicate your work, or in general are intrested in seeing how u build it :p
Added to first post. Some of refinements not applied on pictures yet. But hardest (Invulnerable refinemet with 5 resistances placed so) rest go easily with 4.