• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two global events this weekend???

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Errrr Any clues to the timing over the weekend for the vast majority with real work and family life to tie in too.....or are the 24/7 power gamers gonna just lap it all up??

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you not read the replies to the post you made on Uhall?

Check the Europa EM website at http://europa.uoem.net The times will most likely be posted there before the event.

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the timing of these global events a closely guarded secret on Europa for some reason? I've spent the last half hour trying to find a hint. There's nothing on UO Herald that's specific. The advice on UHall is to check the individual shard EM sites but Europa EM site says QUOTE : Upcoming Events : No Events

The most specific thing I've been able to find is this from Draconi :

Felucca = Dragon Fight
Trammel = Final Battle with the Shadowlords

Separate events - also, the Shadowlords are the actual ones: Astaroth, Faulinei, Nosfentor, not the weaker manifestations. Each will drop an artifact to each attacker, and each will drop one "Shard of the Gem of Immortality" to their respective top attacker.

Hit them hard! Let's end this thing!
Also, apparently all the action will take place on Fire Island near the Demon Temple .... but as to a specific time - or even what day - nothing. :wall::wall::wall:

Am I being really dumb here (ok don't all shout at once :p) ? Anyone got any ideas because I'd like to post some information on our guild forum.

I've just checked out a few of the other shards' EM sites and they have details, times, etc. posted on them. I know we have two of the best EM's around. So what's happening?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Previous events the time has been posted on the website not long before the actual event so Im hoping we'll find out the time later tonight or tomorrow morning.

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Previous events the time has been posted on the website not long before the actual event so Im hoping we'll find out the time later tonight or tomorrow morning.
As far as I can see from the other shard EM sites, the Felucca/dragon part of the Event kicks off tonight. As it's now coming up 8 p.m. doesn't give people much chance to get organised.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOOOOOOOOOOOT - 60 mins notice??? hell its already 20.30....guess ive fw missed it then....txs again for nothing....what a well guarded secret that was!!!

just checked em website!!! still no news!!!!

...oh lord...back to the olde dark days of events!! i hope not!!!

K

Kiminality

Deep breaths... Count to ten...
If it's not listed on the site, which it's not, then it's as good as not happening.
Yes, an event could potentially slip through, without getting listed. But, with the amount of planning and preparation that happens for every event, the chances of that happening are pretty much insignificant.
Even if the EMs couldn't post the event for some reason, they'd likely find other means to announce it.

*Checks EM site*
*Checks email*

Nope.
No sky falling tonight.
Although the EM site's loading really slowly. Probably getting a lot of traffic...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
60 minutes notice? err the event wasn't tonight btw..

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was told theres no events tonight by Emile.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saturday, 05 September 2009, 20:00
by Emile Layne
Meeting with Dawn in Cove, Felucca. Be ready for a big battle!

:thumbsup:

N

Nyte Doombringer

Oh man giving me a headache, LOL
There are events by our EMS that are posted but waht about the stuff Draconi posted when is that ? There is a post on UOhall from Cats about the dragon part last night ?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd interpreted that these events, which the EMs are taking a big part in (Dawn's and Melissa's meetings with their respective followers, leading to the big battles) - are part the events Draconi mentioned, and this time round they have involved the EMs directly rather than their being two subtypes of 'event' - confusion comes from expecting there to be two related but seperate strands.

Then again, maybe I'm not confused because I'm too dim to keep up anyways :dunce:

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont usually agree with what THP says but on this occasion hes a point.

Why can we not get earlier updates im now going to miss all of this event because when i was asked to work the weekend i had no knowledge of this event. Now IF there had been something saying 'Get ready for the weekend a battles brewing' I would have been able to take the sunday off as im entitled to it but now im screwed.

I do not accept the EM's Had no prior knowledge of this weekends events untill 2pm yesterday. Leading upto SA and they were going to do nothing at all???

I accept the argument they have rl commitments etc but if that means its impossible to give decent notice then maybe they shouldnt have committed to the EM position.

If this event is where people will be able to get the gem of immortatlity im seriously upset that kind of reward only gets 24hrs notice for a once of a time chance at it.

Im very dissapointed.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Live Event details were posted on Thursday and also Dawn said the big fight would be 'this weekend' on Thursday so to say you only got 24 hours notice is a little unfair on the EMs.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Live Events details?? wheres this posted EM webby??

And ive been working nights so have been unable to attend any events this week. So im only allowed to know about the upcomming events if i attend every event?

I still dont see why the ems calendar couldnt have had a note in sat n sun even if it was just event then the relevent details added at a later date.

Just checked the em webby and there is no event sunday because its not been filled in maybe someone forgot to inform the ems they were doing an event?

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
affraid i shall be working as i wasnt aware in time :(

thanks for the live events section i wasnt aware that existed.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Live Event details were posted on Thursday and also Dawn said the big fight would be 'this weekend' on Thursday so to say you only got 24 hours notice is a little unfair on the EMs.
Errr even more confused?????

So its happening at ''SOMETIME'' this weekend???

ok i will stay on the computer for 48 hours- neglect my work and family and freinds hoping to by chance hit the event.....Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just loked on the europa website nad its posted as sat and sunday 8 oclock

Hey u guys/gals DONT have to try keep it a SECRET...Hell does it really mean that much that u want peeps to stay away... so u have more chance to get the end goodies!!!! i'd rather see 50 more people there at the event!!! than 5 taking the lot!!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody's trying to keep it a secret...

- Thursday Dawn announced that there would be a big battle during the weekend, and this was reported here on the Stratics Europa forum.
- Yesterday the EMs updated their website with the schedule of the Felucca event, which is tonight (Saturday 5th). This was also reported here on the Stratics Europa forum.
- In the last few hours the EMs updated their website with the schedule of the Trammel event, which is going to be tomorrow night (Sunday 6th). You were the first to report it on Stratics because nobody had seen the announcement yet. Thanks for the report :)

K

Kiminality

Just loked on the europa website nad its posted as sat and sunday 8 oclock

Hey u guys/gals DONT have to try keep it a SECRET...Hell does it really mean that much that u want peeps to stay away... so u have more chance to get the end goodies!!!! i'd rather see 50 more people there at the event!!! than 5 taking the lot!!
How the hell do you read that it's being kept secret?
There's no bloody secret handshake, or anything like that to tip people off.
If it's not announced on the site, then it's not announced.
If it's not announced, then no one knows.

You go flying off the handle every time something like this happens.
You sling all manner of mud around, and most of the time when you're proven to have exaggerated and blown everything out of proportion, you don't even have the decency to apologise to folk like the EMs, who you basically accuse of favouritism.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Listen...and listen bloody good

ITs announced end event at the ''weekend''

weekend= friday evening -saturday and sunday!!!!!!

yes em events are 8.00

HELL i have to sumit to weekend work on thursday....so do i work none!!! do i work friday night do i work friday and saturday night...all 3??? do i work friday and have saturday off to relax ....jeeze grow up!!! some of us work in real and dont play 24/7......just grow bloody up....48 hours notice is not much to ASK .....SO US REAL people can commit to work/families etc over the weekend and hopefully take part in uo too....just bloody grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND IAM NOT HAVING A dig at the europa EMS,...... HOW DARE U!!!

The europa EMS have done an immense job....jeeze i try to attend all i can but hell i work 3 shifts and i work bloody hard- like most real people...so when bring in family life, etc, etc i only ask for 48 hours notice on the big events so real work can be commited to and UO can be enjouyed were posible [end]

K

Kiminality

Listen...and listen bloody good
We do listen to you, and what do we hear?
Cries of favouritism, and all that.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions about people, and telling folk to grow up based on them.
You need to take a long look at yourself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we calm down a bit please?

It's not always possible to give 48 hours notice, because the EMs don't always get 48 hours notice as I understand it.

Though with the launch on Tuesday, and consequently guaranteed arrival of the volcano on Fire Island, it could probably have been guessed that something was likely to happen this weekend. The Dev team have to cater to the majority, and the majority of players are free at 8pm on a weekend night.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the risk of being relevant... anyone know if the battle is still going on, as of 8:55 UK time?

I was there for a fair while, but heard Dawn shout 'Head to the South of the swamp', got there but almost nobody around. Apart from a few faction folks fighting each other I can't seem to find a battle against the dragons anywhere....

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some one's a cry baby!

The main event is tomorrow at 8. Even though that was failry obvious. From this point, you've got 23 hours to prepare. I hope thats enough for you.