• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two comments about the new publish

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am looking forward to the publish coming out in a couple of days, but two things caught my attention that I want to point out. First is about the Huntsman quest. I would like to see the Devs change the rule on the taxidermy kits that require carpentry. The kits should work like repair deeds. The 100k spent should bypass the carpentry requirement. I really don't want to play the soulstone skill-swap game for the sake of getting a nifty eagle statue.

Second is the new 15 year mount. I think it's awesome except for one thing. The stride of the mount is a long gallop while the sound file attached to it is one of a fast-trotting llama or horse. To me it just doesn't sound right. Please sync this up.

Last edited:

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am having an issue with posting threads here. When I click 'post reply' I am given the message "service unavailable". I try again to see that a double post has occurred. :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well that's the beauty of playing an MMO....instead of playing it like it was a solo game.

Find someone who IS a carpenter and have them make the trophy for you :)

As for the sound, I don't play with sounds on, I'll have to go check that out. I do like the stride of the mount, it's very smooth.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well that's the beauty of playing an MMO....instead of playing it like it was a solo game.

Find someone who IS a carpenter and have them make the trophy for you :)
Because of my job, I play very early on a low population shard. It's hard enough to get a decent focus. Find someone to 'wake up' their crafter to follow me to my target trophy? *rubs beard* I dunno...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because of my job, I play very early on a low population shard. It's hard enough to get a decent focus. Find someone to 'wake up' their crafter to follow me to my target trophy? *rubs beard* I dunno...
Yeah, I agree on this one. You would kinda just need to have someone ready to come find you when you need to use one. Kinda silly.

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The kits should work like repair deeds. The 100k spent should bypass the carpentry requirement. I really don't want to play the soulstone skill-swap game for the sake of getting a nifty eagle statue.
When folks kill something IRL they take it to someone with the skillset to mount/stuff it. Carpentry is a decent match in UO for the type of skill it takes to mount something. Seems fair enough to me. They could of made it a requirement to have carpentry and tailoring.

I really don't want to play the soulstone skill-swap game for the sake of getting a nifty eagle statue.
Unless you plan to make these trophies everyday ( in which case you'd have a full time carpenter ) it takes like 30 seconds to use a soulstone. Not a big deal..

LetheGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I agree on this one. You would kinda just need to have someone ready to come find you when you need to use one. Kinda silly.
- Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.

Leads me to believe it's just a deed in your pack. Take the deed to the carpenter, not the carpenter to the kill.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.

Leads me to believe it's just a deed in your pack. Take the deed to the carpenter, not the carpenter to the kill.
Yeah, I really don't know how it works. I've never done anything with a taxidermy kit since they cost so bloody much on siege.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it's the deed you make the trophy from not the corpse so it's easy enough to just put it in a box at your house until a carpenter is around, trust me I know how it is running on a low-populated shard :)