• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two bags of 500 stones I can't unravel...

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most of the magic items are off Undead near New Haven and I have 40 skill. Any recommendation on where to get items I can unravel?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I agree, typically when you're near capacity, either #of items or weight, you need to have enough room for everything.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also depends on the intensity and number of magical properties on items which resources you get. With around 40 skill you can only unravel items that give residue. At 50.1 you can start to unravel items, that give enchanted essence and for relic fragment items you need above 95 imbuing.
For leveling imbuing through unraveling, you need to pick up the lowest level magical items. (Not that easy with the new revised loot. In the past ppl did use for example exeptional crafted bows made of oak.)
Another problem could be, that your char is above its weight limits. If you cannot carry anymore, the game refuses to unravel stuff, since you cannot hold the results in your bagpack. (Sounds a bit silly, since unravelling usually means a weight reduction, but the game first checks, if you can hold the magical ingredients before it actually unravels something from your bag. Putting together bags with a smaller total weight should help you in that case.

Ray_Martin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I checked the weight, that wasn't it, but thanks for that tip! I'll keep it in mind. Silverbird nailed it. The revised loot makes appropriate loot for 40 skill level hard to come by. I asked in the Help chat on Atlantic and a nice person gave me a bag full of Dull Copper Hammers and some SOTs. So I can craft and unravel the mats.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also depends on the intensity and number of magical properties on items which resources you get. With around 40 skill you can only unravel items that give residue. At 50.1 you can start to unravel items, that give enchanted essence and for relic fragment items you need above 95 imbuing.
For leveling imbuing through unraveling, you need to pick up the lowest level magical items. (Not that easy with the new revised loot. In the past ppl did use for example exeptional crafted bows made of oak.)
Another problem could be, that your char is above its weight limits. If you cannot carry anymore, the game refuses to unravel stuff, since you cannot hold the results in your bagpack. (Sounds a bit silly, since unravelling usually means a weight reduction, but the game first checks, if you can hold the magical ingredients before it actually unravels something from your bag. Putting together bags with a smaller total weight should help you in that case.
I believe you can unravel items for enchanted essence once imbuing skill hits 45.1.

And yes, you can get a lot of magical residue by using carpentry or fletching skill to make weapons out of oak even if your crafter has 0 imbuing skill. Your carpenter or fletcher need 65.0 skill in their profession to be able to start making weapons from oak. (Clubs require 65.0 carpentry skill to make and bows require 30.0 fletching skill to make, but you'd have to get to 65.0 fletching to make them from oak.) A resource gathering character needs 65.0 lumberjacking skill to begin chopping oak logs and cutting them into boards.

I just did a little test on TC1 to make sure this all works. Character has 0 arms lore skill; 44.0 imbuing skill; and 68.1 carpentry skill (to avoid wasting too much time failing on the clubs she could start making at 65.0 skill).

This character can make clubs out of oak so they have 40 luck. Damage increase is 5% (because she's human, I guess and treated as having 20.0 arms lore). Obviously none of the clubs are exceptional for lack of skill.

When she unravels these poorly-made oak clubs, she DOES get imbuing gains and was able to easily get to 45.1 imbuing skill. So, in theory, it should work out just fine to get from the 40.0 imbuing level you get by giving the NPC 400 gold to "train" you in imbuing to 45.1 when you can begin unravelling enchanted essence if you have a lumberjack with 65.0 lumberjacking skill to gather oak boards and have a crafter with at least 65.0 carpentry or fletching skill to make oak weapons. Arms lore skill would be a plus, as well as having a nice carpentry or fletching talisman to have fewer failures/make more exceptional weapons and thus get more residue for training.