• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Twisted Weald/Swoops

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is twisted weald located? Do I have to do any quests to have access to it? Thanks

G

Gwendolynne

It is located inside the mushroom cave near Spirituality in Ilshenar. You have to accept the Dread Horn quest in Heartwood from Lorekeeper Calendor in order to enter the "sparkle transporter" but you do not have to ever complete the quest.

Safe journeys!

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. My next question is can a person meelee a swoop by themselves? What type of slayer should be used? Any other advice?

R

RichDC

Yes they can be...

Bird slayer Talismans are the only slayer available for swoop

And my advice would be make sure you have bushido and parry at 120 with 45%dci and a Very powerful weap, make sure you honour carry pots and heal.

C

CanadianTemplar

It is possible to solo, but its pretty expinse to do now. It used to be alot easier... Those where the days :(

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wnet out last night and killed 10 swoop on my fencer by myself. Here is what I used:

Weapon: Titan Leg Bone with bird slayer talisman

Fencer Template:

120 Anatomy
120 Healing
120 Resist
120 Tactics
120 Fencing
100 Chiv

All 70 resists with artie armor to give me:
STR 135
Dex 138
Mana 32
Hit point Regen is maxed
Stanima regen is ok

I used enemy of one and programed my macros for close wound to supplement my bandaging. I used consecrate weapon as much as I could which gave me 50-60 points of damage beind done. I also ate trinsic rose petals as often as I could. There was only a couple of times my health was in the red (tried to drink my beer and was not able to use my macro). No pots, parry or bushido. I also got 2 drops, a boomstick and another titan leg bone. Hope this helps.

J

jegilber

You got a Leg Bone off of a Swoop? They are only supposed to drop ML Arties.

Also, if you have enough Soul Stones, Magic Resist is not needed for Swoop unless someone carries a Changling down to meet you.

I fight swoop maxed out with DCI with a similar template and only die occaisonly with a bad Close Wounds, a forgotten Enemy of one..etc..

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my soulstones are full atm, so I could not rearrange my template. I have to wait until my vet reward. I got the leg bone off of a paragon at twisted yeald.