• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Twinkling Scimitar

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally just use an ornate axe....but it is nice to have another option when swarmed or for pvp....

I know what makes a good Ornate...but what attributes are most sought after on a Twinkling Scimitar?

thanks

C

Connor_Graham

For PvM, mana leech, stamina leech, hit lower defense, hit lower attack, SSI.

For PvP, hit spell, hit lower defense, SSI, DCI/HCI, although from what I'm told it's more of a PvM weapon than a PvP because of the specials.

B

Balian of Asgard

For PvM, mana leech, stamina leech, hit lower defense, hit lower attack, SSI.

For PvP, hit spell, hit lower defense, SSI, DCI/HCI, although from what I'm told it's more of a PvM weapon than a PvP because of the specials.
These are very common in PVP for the sc no-, mage wep, DCI properties, Hit spell on top of all that< is gravy on the top!!.
But in reference to the dexxer, I think it's more of a pvm wep.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately I've seen people looking for these for PvP with 50% hit area, SSI, and Hit Spell. I imagine for the whirlwind for grinder busters.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bladeweave is random, but, if the right ones get triggered in a row, it's .... devastating. If not... it spices things up.
But mostly, it's a fun fun weapon.
At 150 stamina, it swings it's fastest btw.

B

Balian of Asgard

hi, im not trying to argue with anyone but,

when you shoot an m16 with a grenade launcher, well, i think you want to know that when you pull the trigger, bullets will come out. and when you pull the trigger for the greanade launcher, you dont want to have a water balloon or a stream of bear repellant coming out, you want a freeking grenade to come out hehe..

Serious pvpers cant be depending on the scimmy to put out an AI or a bleed or a feint, randomly.

How devastating is a 25ssi katana with hit spell and hld, AI AI AI ing you all in 5 seconds or less?

Compared to a bleed, feint and another bleed from the randomnly generated scimmy?

The hit area attack is BAD mojo, if you are blue and in yew, you will flag on all the reds and then you cant run to GZ or house hide if you were the one who was originally flagged on.

For the whirlwind attack, a battle axe is much better, higher base damage equals higher damage to the mob.

JMO, but i think its a great PVM wep, as I have several from when I was doing spawns and such, i ahve one with ML, LL and dispell, ssi, it was perfect for the revs and the spawn from the DF

and its a great necro mage weapon with the sc,magewep, dci properties.

Please note, I havent PVM in 3 years, so im pretty sure alot has changed.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hit area attack is BAD mojo, if you are blue and in yew, you will flag on all the reds and then you cant run to GZ or house hide if you were the one who was originally flagged on.
I believe I did note that it was used to bust a grinder, which are typically held in or around dungeons.

If running into a house is something you plan for while PvPing then that's an issue in itself.

T

Turdnugget

I've never used a Radiant Scimi in PvP unless I was in an enclosed area planning on using whirlwind on multiple enemies...It's specials just aren't the best... Blade weave can be good, but can sometimes really suck. If you got the person redlined, and you hit that special, and it procs Feint or Block... talk about lame =/

For spawning/whirlwind attacks it's great. But for PvP I try to use weapons with more useful specials.

But for a mage twinkling is the way to go since you can get awesome DCI from it, unless you're a nox mage w/fencing, or a macer/mage.

R

RichDC

for mages definatly a twinkling, you can get up to 21% DCI, for a PvP swords unless you get lucky and hit a super slayer (or maybe that hit area affect Leeches Di and SSI for that grinder buster,never really thought of that before but that could work nicely wit area with mana leech,hp leech whirlwinding with a free hand to chug!) they probs wont get used above the other weaps.

T

Turdnugget

Let's just say Radiants are better left for PvM and mages and unless your PvP template is built for close quarters wither spam/hit area drop down choke points.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I like Bladeweave for PvP. I know it is nice knowing what you are going to get, but your opponents also know what you are going to be throwing out there, so they can be ready to buff it.

That being said, I prefer a Mage's RuneBlade for PvP over a Radiant/Twinkling Scimitar. More damage and it has disarm as its other special. I do keep a Twinkling Scimitar for Champ Spawns, but I switch to the Runeblade+Bokuto if things disintegrate into PvP.