• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills Twice now I have been ripped off by an NPC over training.

have you been ripped off by an NPC over training

• That happened to me more than once

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Twice now I have been ripped off by an NPC over training.

Once last year by a ninja in new haven Atlantic. Now by Erito the mage on LA.

I click train in mage. He say's 272. I drop 272 gold on him, he say's thank you for the gift and I get a big fat Zero.

I started a new character with the normal 1000 gold. Now i'm down to 728 gold. Don't feel like wasting anymore gold on this Idea.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You definitely have the skill set to raise up?

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or perhaps you didn't give the NPC the gold within a certain time frame? If it really bothers you that much, I can create a character on Lake Austin (is it?) and just give you the starting gold off of him... Not a problem for me... Sonoma is my home shard anyways...

PM me and let me know... I don't mind helping.

PS: Whenever I am getting training from an NPC, I usually have the exact gold I need so that I can just select it from the menu and drop it on the NPC right away...

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
DungHook, give me a holler in the game tomorrow. I'll be on between 1 to 4 az time( same as pacific for now). Together we can teach that thief a lesson. He has done the same to a couple of my gals. Worse he refuses their money and turns his back to him. Welcome back to. LA
Rowan

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran

Once last year by a ninja in new haven Atlantic. Now by Erito the mage on LA.

I click train in mage. He say's 272. I drop 272 gold on him, he say's thank you for the gift and I get a big fat Zero.

I started a new character with the normal 1000 gold. Now i'm down to 728 gold. Don't feel like wasting anymore gold on this Idea.
I have not been able to reproduce this issue. You should have approximately 45 seconds to hand the gold to the NPC before the NPC's offer ends. Is it possible that you handed the money to the wrong NPC? I know that I have done that in the past when there were a few NPCs bunched up together.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Another possibility might be that another player may have trained with the NPC between your first interaction with the NPC and the exchange of gold.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another possibility might be that another player may have trained with the NPC between your first interaction with the NPC and the exchange of gold.
It also may be the Mage Guild Master, it seems you are unable to train skills from any npc that has the option "Convert Mage Armor" in the context menu.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have not been able to reproduce this issue. You should have approximately 45 seconds to hand the gold to the NPC before the NPC's offer ends. Is it possible that you handed the money to the wrong NPC? I know that I have done that in the past when there were a few NPCs bunched up together.

More like 10 seconds....