• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[TV] Merlin?

F

Fink

Does anyone watch that Merlin TV show? Is it any good? Is it mind-buggeringly anachronistic with its hip dialogue and punk teens?

Discuss. :next:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone watch that Merlin TV show? Is it any good? Is it mind-buggeringly anachronistic with its hip dialogue and punk teens?

Discuss. :next:
Wanted to watch it, heard good things about it and has some good actors in it... never got around to it.

D

Dain

I downloaded the series a few months ago now.

It's okay, worth a watch I suppose, has some original plots and creative ideas.

The acting isn't good I'm afraid Pet, and the effects/graphics scream low budget.

K

Katlene

ive watched the whole season and personally i think it was really great. loads of random actors pop in it like tosh from torchwood and the dr is played by the old guy from a uk series called one foot in the grave and anthony head (giles from buffy) is uthar pendragon. great cast, good story and the dragon is gorgeous!
but each to their own though, some people will love it, like it or think its a pile of poop.
Im in the first group :D

F

Fink

I'm tempted to watch but the way it's being promoted turns me off.

K

Katlene

blah, channel ten is making it so poncy.
glad i watched the lot before i saw those ad's

F

Fink

Watched an episode, wasn't terribly impressed :|

I'll give it another go, though.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I watched a couple, I found it a little childish and predictable.

T

Tuk

Merlin was watchable, but if its that type of show you want, then download Legend of the seeker. Better writing, better acting, better produced.

F

Farscape

ive watched the whole season and personally i think it was really great. loads of random actors pop in it like tosh from torchwood and the dr is played by the old guy from a uk series called one foot in the grave and anthony head (giles from buffy) is uthar pendragon. great cast, good story and the dragon is gorgeous!
but each to their own though, some people will love it, like it or think its a pile of poop.
Im in the first group :D
Does it get exciting or do they all just take it in turns to be poisened via magic
You think they have magic resist at 120 lol:coco:

F

Fink

Does it get exciting or do they all just take it in turns to be poisened via magic
You think they have magic resist at 120 lol:coco:
Twice now I've caught the show and it was the same plot. At least the second time around it was a much tighter script. Also you have to give a damn about a character before poisoning them becomes interesting.

K

Katlene

it does get a lil better as it goes along, the ep with the snakes in the shield was good, yet it involves poison again. But gotta remember poison was the thing to use in the yee old days, easier to get away with!
Enchantments are also a running theme as well but der its a show about a magician.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
wow this thread sux balls
Was checking out Oceania threads since the Uhall one I saw. I'M sorry but I'm sitting here reading this thread all flowers and flowing river then BAM! That post comes up and I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Was kinda like a big explosion ending to the thread.

F

Farscape

Wow that was lame. Did you just pass grade 6?
Look who's er how you say it 'trolling" and replying to posts of no concern to themselves
I hope that soon you all have enough slaps on the wrist to be removed from this board so others can post in peace
so go take a powder:wall:

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look who's er how you say it 'trolling" and replying to posts of no concern to themselves
I hope that soon you all have enough slaps on the wrist to be removed from this board so others can post in peace
so go take a powder:wall:
What? Its an off-topic thread. How can you determine who has no concern here?

I

iddqd

i saw the ads and instantly thought 'late-teens harry potter teen-drama' its basically the OC for geeks.

F

Fink

i saw the ads and instantly thought 'late-teens harry potter teen-drama' its basically the OC for geeks.
That was my assessment too, but I thought I'd give it a shot (or two) as the network it's on is notorious for missing the point. Sadly, it was as I expected. :bored:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've still been watching it, but getting more and more bored with it. Do they just change the storyline at all? Poison, someones gunna die, Merlin saves the day and nearly gets caught using magic....

K

Katlene

thats pretty much they gist of it, it seems.
i never realised how monotonous(sp?) it was till this thread. i just watched it and didnt strip it apart.