• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Turn off special wood?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to toggle off gathering special wood?

Or since you only begin gathering Oak at 65.0, should I just lock my Lumberjacking at 64.9 to get the best chance at gathering normal wood without having to gather any other type?

edit: Should I do the same for Mining and lock it at 64.9 to avoid Dull Copper?

Last edited:

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no way to stop gathering colored ores or wood other than not having the skill to gather them so locking before you hit that mark would be your best option.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to toggle off gathering special wood?

Or since you only begin gathering Oak at 65.0, should I just lock my Lumberjacking at 64.9 to get the best chance at gathering normal wood without having to gather any other type?

edit: Should I do the same for Mining and lock it at 64.9 to avoid Dull Copper?
The best way to avoid the special materials (when mining and lumberjacking) is to simply avoid the spot once you discover it gives colored ore/logs. There is no way to toggle off getting special materials.

Locking the skill will not make your mining/lumberjacking more efficient. It will make it less efficient due to the significant failure rate. Success at Mining/Lumberjacking is directly determined by your skill (similar to hiding), there is no adjusted difficulty. At 65.0 you will have 65% chance to dig/chop and a 35% chance to fail. It would be best to raise your skill to GM (100.0) and find a use for the colored ore/logs you find (even when skipping over spots. Your colored resources can be turned in for Library, Museum, and Clean Up rewards.