• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Turkey and Taxidermy kit question.

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On test I was able to mount a turkey with the taxidermy kit. Now on ATL it gives me the message I don't want that mounted on my wall? Has anyone else been able to on ATL.

Thanks

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the taxidermy kit on the Deed? I haven't had problems on Legends.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you do with the unaccepted hunting permits? (because the weight etc is not big enough). Just toss em in the bin? Is there any other use for em? If so seems a HUGE gold sink for UO and zero gain for the player. Surely they should be at least worth turn in points or a "sorry your hunt is not the winning beast, here, have 500gps in compensation for your effort" or something?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Gold sink was the idea...they are junk just toss em..or sell them at the provisioner for 2g a piece :) lol

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using the taxidermy kit on the Deed? I haven't had problems on Legends.
Ah, thanks. I need sleep, I was using the taxidermy kit on the corpse. Boy, do I feel dumb. Thanks!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad, it kinda puts me off doing em now. I don't mind the gold sink, but 5000k per deed is steep so something for the effort would have made it more palatable. I think people will definitely get sick of the idea once they realise it can and will cost em millions. Again, it is an event just for the rich on that basis. Just today on turkeys I have blown 150k in deeds on ONE round of opening my horns of plenty. That is not sustainable if you really want to try for the prize each month, especially if you want to go after all species. Not even targeted another species yet.

1k per deed would of been much more acceptable.

I have no problem with gold sinks, but if this is going to be a permanent part of the game, then 5k is much too much per deed in my opinion. I would blow a mill or so a month on 1k deeds, but at 5k per pop well, I guess that will need to be considered in the scheme of things.

Right now 1mil gets you 200 kills, that would be less than half a days leisurely killing. I mean you could do that in an hour. Way too expensive for the serious hunter.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought 10 deeds, killed one of each type & 2 turkeys. My bear was in the lead when I logged. I made trophies of all 9 on my main char and will probably do a different one on each char just to have them with my name on them. 5k isn't all that much, unless you want to try to be top dog (I mean hunter) on your shard. I think this will be fun and hopefully they'll change beasts each month. So yeah if you want to be #1 then yeah it will cost you, but if you just want trophies then 1 Million will get you the whole set (945k)...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
just curious has anyone checked to see if they are worth turn in points? the deeds that is?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I know I was checking the items from horn all the turkeys and such and just happened to be at bank and was dropping them in and getting 5 points for most drops

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The horn of plenty items are worth 5 points each excepting the mashed sweet potatoes... don't know why but sometimes they give you 5 points.. and sometimes they don't. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why that happens.... but it does.

As for throwing away the used hunting permits NO they do not give points... though it would be nice if they did give you 5 points or something might clear the clutter that has now befallen the Rangers Guildhouse... talk about a mess. You would think that Hunters would care about the land and keeping the environment clean for the healthy raising of wildlife... but that appears to not be the case. If I were the Ranger Guildmaster there I'd throw out all the ones who leave litter all over the guildhouse. Or have him say something to the effect of "I'm sorry I can not accept your claim because you have left too much litter in the guildhouse. Perhaps if you picked up all these deeds you left I might be more inclined to take your current claim."

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just curious has anyone checked to see if they are worth turn in points? the deeds that is?
First thing I did with my unused hunters deeds was to check if they were worth anything as a turn in. They aren't. I think I have tossed about 400k in the bin today in an effort to get the top kills etc. If you want the 'reward' you have to place top, so it isn't like you have a choice.

Was talking to a few people earlier and they agree, it is like tossing 5k checks in the bin, the rewards are not worth anywhere near the amount it is going to cost you to collect em. And yes, you can (for the cost of 100k per taxidermy kit) make a taxidermy of em but you are only gonna want one of each, even if you do do it per char it is a very finite system.

After you have your taxidermy mobs, you are not really gonna want to spend millions to get at best a harvesters blade or a title, so unless the cost was lower the whole idea will be a 'fizzle' after the first month or so. 1k per would of made it more likely that people would strive each month to get the 'best' kill.

Just my opinion, but it is a gold sink gone too far and won't be sustainable once people find the rewards on offer don't come anywhere near the cost of getting them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Shouldn't encourage people to kill eagles ;)
True but UO has no vultures..... Otherwise I'd like those mounted. Vampire bats would look weird mounted. Would you mount those upside down? And we don't have pheasants... or quail. Turkeys, Chickens, and Eagle are the only big birds we have. Not to into a stuffed chicken... and turkeys they only recently gave us and didn't normally spawn anywhere.

As for mounting other things... Personally I'd like a Dire Wolf, Hell Hound, Hell Cat, Bake Kitsune would make super cool mount and maybe even a neat rug... Tsukii Wolf would be cooler than a bear, Demon head, Dragon Head, Ancient Wyrm head, White Wyrm Head, Snow Leopard mounted or as a small rug, this would be something they could add tigers into the game for as well.... Lions which ought to spawn in prides of 4 or 5 females with one male and they should be quite aggressive.... we could mount a CuSidhe, Hiryu, and dare I say it... cranes from Tokuno. Pixies.... LOL... Satyr, Dryad... Monsterous Inferred Grizzle... Black Bears, Zombie heads in a glass Jar... Ooo I'm getting warmed up now!

Mounted Sphyinx! Frienzied Ostard, Ophidian, Giant Black Widow spiders, Boura rug anyone? Gaman? How about an Oni head for your wall? Sea Serpent mounted across your wall? Or just his head. Styngian Dragon head mounted... Fairy Dragon? I would love to have a drake mounted. Skree?

A pair of Succubus wings? Etherial Warrior wings?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm sure they have it in mind to rotate them around at some point. We currently have turkeys so you might wanna get those during the holiday! I must protest as chickens would be awesome in a silly kinda way :)

Zombie heads in a jar.... nice! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe we could get Zombie heads in a jar for Halloween Tricks or Treats next year?