• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tugsoft website

Ren12

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello can anyone tell me if UOassist is still available to purchase? I cant connect to their website

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't tell you if it's still available to buy. But the last update on the site was October 2013 so I'd guess so (before that the update was march 2012).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe it's secure setting on your PC, I can access it fine too, can you access the main page http://www.tugsoft.com/ ?, It could be the ".aspx" your PC don't like

Ren12

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
LOL opened it from anonymouse.org/anonwww.html‎. Seem Tugsoft dont want to give UOassist to Russian)))

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
If you can't access Tugsoft page, I doubt it will help as it need to update from the page to work.
Try http://tugsoft.com/ , sometimes it works without the www but not with

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I heard Russian do have trouble with some pages, maybe try an different seach than google

Ren12

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you can't access Tugsoft page, I doubt it will help as it need to update from the page to work.
Try http://tugsoft.com/ , sometimes it works without the www but not with
You are right. i get this error when start uoassist:

Unable to Locate the UpdateAce servers
UpdateAce could not locate the update servers (updater.updateace.com).
Most likely you are not connected to the internet or your DNS service is not setup correctly.
Please connect to the internet if not connected and try again.
If your DNS service is not setup correctly you will have trouble visiting web sites as well. Contact your ISP if you need help setting up DNS.

Error #1 = 00002AFA
Error #2 = 00002AFA

Does anybody know what to do??

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would guess that it's not that he doesn't want to sell to Russia, but that an awful lot of spam and DDoS attacks come from Russia or China. Large blocks of ips are blocked, and not all the ips in the block are culpable. As usual the innocent suffer along with the guilty :(
We have recently, on Stratics, been hit by a lot of spam posts containing Cyrillic text that we have had to remove.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could possibly try an email to tugsoft
or have you thought about trying the enhanced client? no uoa needed for that.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If its really an IP issue, maybe things like WTFast can help too? I guess when playing from Russia, it will also reduce lag a bit.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping....w.tugsoft.com&vhost=_&vaction=ping&ping=start
http://cloudmonitor.ca.com/en/ping....64.72.210.109&vhost=_&vaction=ping&ping=start

He or his ISP probably blocked specific countries from accessing his servers using geolocation.
Those links I posted have a web app that shoots a ping to a specified link or IP from several servers across the world, and there are many countries that fail to resolve the www.tugsoft.com url, or to reach the IP number for his server.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, maybe the dns look up do not work, try http://64.72.210.109/
Think there is a way to add the IP to the host file
This happend to stratics too when they canged ip's.

One thing you can do, is to put in Google's dns servers - witch is maybe one or te best, except they track what site you go too... if you conserned about that.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Im using it myself - and it pretty much update all dns changes very fast. But - I dont mind that they track what site's im going too... Im only using that on my desktop - wich i use for gaming mostly.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It'
This happend to stratics too when they canged ip's.

One thing you can do, is to put in Google's dns servers - witch is maybe one or te best, except they track what site you go too... if you conserned about that.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Im using it myself - and it pretty much update all dns changes very fast. But - I dont mind that they track what site's im going too... Im only using that on my desktop - wich i use for gaming mostly.
It's a good thought, but people have tried pinging the servers' IP (for tugsoft.com and the updaterace.com sites) and can't get a response.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tugsoft.com

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'

It's a good thought, but people have tried pinging the servers' IP (for tugsoft.com and the updaterace.com sites) and can't get a response.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/tugsoft.com
Well, that is strange - I am surfing it now, and I can ping www.tugsoft.com along with the updater.updateace.com.

Either try the dns for google, and see how that work... (remember to flush dns and restart network connections - or just reboot) - or you just have to get a proxy server or vpn access.

Do you use proxy server now?

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's been fine for me since last September's DNS change. I can ping the sites by domain name and IP. Nobody with a problem has said anything for a few days.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been fine for me since last September's DNS change. I can ping the sites by domain name and IP. Nobody with a problem has said anything for a few days.
Look few posts up, still peoples asking for a fix just a few hrs ago....

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, definitely still not changed by Tugsoft, all this other stuff is just temporaries or workarounds. We want a solution. Why for just a few bad eggs in one country or area, does everyone in that area/country have to suffer also? Surely in this IP world there's a way to see that we're legitimately trying to access a website that we've accessed for years.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe Mervyn tried VPN and it works for him.

Tug might be on holiday, haven't heard back from him yet. Has anyone managed to get in touch with Tug recently?

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Subject: RE: UO Assist down for Asia Player since 12 Jan 2014
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 06:36:19 -0700
To: ME! =)

Thanks for the message.

I am switching to another ISP in the next day or two. That should fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:50 PM
To: UOAssist
Subject: RE: UO Assist down for Asia Player since 12 Jan 2014
Importance: High

Dear Tugsoft,

We are asian player purchased your uoa for uo game.

We found that our region ip(SSS) seem blocked by your side and we cannot update the uoa which causes disable in function since 12 Jan 2014. We also cannot email or access your tugsoft uoassist webpage for inform you.

Now, we just use VPN to contact u. gratefully please fix our problem.

Please take a look on the below link for our players comment in uostratic for uoa down and many regions in asia report not function of uoa.

Please help.

Mos
Formosa

To: [email protected]
Subject: UO Assist down for Asia Player since 12 Jan 2014
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 19:12:57 +0000

Dear Sir,

We are asian players, we found the update server down in asian regional and we cannot login or update.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-assist-and-its-server-webpage-down.310320/

Please help.

mos

Emac

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been having a problem with uoassist for the last few months, I've emailed them with no reply and I have uninstalled uoassist a few times with no affect. I emailed broad sword about it an got a reply that its nothing on there end. The problem I'm having is when I log on to my server(shard) I get a message from uoassist saying
" server name error"
1:
2:"shard name"
please report this to [email protected]
I have mailed them an no answer yet. some times I get the same message saying char. name mismatch:
1: will have the first 3 letters of my chrs name. in it with writeing I cant make on my key board
2:"my chr name here"
Every so often when I get logged on I will have bold red letters all scrambled or in a script form scroll up the left side. Looks like it can translate the stats that show up on log in an just write them in script. UOASSIST still works fine after I get logged in, if theres anyone having the same problem or close to it that can help. thx EMAC

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The issue with the error for server mismatch usually happens after a game update is pushed out until whatever entity at Tugsoft updates UOAssist to incorporate the new update; I don't know what that entity is but it usually takes a few days. I have been getting this message as well, but I haven't been getting any of the other errors you describe. Other than that I can be of no help, I apologize.

Emac

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
thx for the reply Tomarke, I'll just watch it an if it start giving me trouble I'll just uninstall. since tugsoft don't seem to be supporting this any more. Or at least up dating there forums or web sites. thx again for your advise an help..

Kristy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been having a problem with uoassist for the last few months, I've emailed them with no reply and I have uninstalled uoassist a few times with no affect. I emailed broad sword about it an got a reply that its nothing on there end. The problem I'm having is when I log on to my server(shard) I get a message from uoassist saying
" server name error"
1:
2:"shard name"
please report this to [email protected]
I have mailed them an no answer yet. some times I get the same message saying char. name mismatch:
1: will have the first 3 letters of my chrs name. in it with writeing I cant make on my key board
2:"my chr name here"
Every so often when I get logged on I will have bold red letters all scrambled or in a script form scroll up the left side. Looks like it can translate the stats that show up on log in an just write them in script. UOASSIST still works fine after I get logged in, if theres anyone having the same problem or close to it that can help. thx EMAC
My husband and I are getting the same error, and have been since the patch. Also, two months or so ago I was getting this error, and then it stopped only to return now. So it does seem that someone is at the wheel over at Tugsoft for it to have been fixed before, only for it to return again after this new patch. Lets hope anyway :(