• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TTFN... well, at least in game.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may come as no surprise to the people I usually play with, but it's time for me to take another break from UO. In the last 6 months I could count the number of times I've logged in on one hand and still have fingers left over. I've started the daunting task of sorting and packing up my houses, as soon as I finish I will be cancelling my subscriptions and letting the houses fall.

I'm banking as much as I can because when the bug bites again (I'm sure it will) I don't want to have to start from scratch. But by the end of this week I won't be seen in game for the foreseeable future. But don't worry too much, I'm not going totally away. I'm going to continue working here at Stratics, so you'll still be able to find me should you find yourself longing for the pleasure of my company, you won't have to go very far to find me.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm taking a break for a while. So if you see a Black Sun, Gordon Ramsay, Corran or Raven Blackmoore running around, it's not me. Thanks for all the fun times. I hope to see you all in game again someday.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're doing the right thing, banking the good stuff. Cause most tend to come back ;) Sometimes a break is needed tho, enjoy the real world, and we will be seeing ya on the boards!

S

Sevin0oo0

Glad you're staying active in Stratics, shows that UO is in your blood. Have a great break

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've went before and returned. I seem to go in 4 year cycles. I started in 2000, played until '04, took a few years off, came back around '07 or '08. It's now 2012 and my desire to play has diminished again. Should history ring true, I should be back around 2016 or so. Let's just hope UO is still here by then!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well there goes my plan of visiting Catskills just to find you. I hope its less then a 4 year break but I am glad that we are keeping you here on stratics. Anyone that uses Fry and then the Robot Devil (best character ever) is great in my book. If you ever need anything on Chesy let me know.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Flutter, that was me.
I banked a few things as well Black Sun just because one never knows when the UO bug may bite again. But for the most part, I have dumped stuff. Still working on my last building in Aegis, the Rest will be the hardest to let go, but I am not playing,so why waste the funds?

Best of luck to you and all that crap we say to one another at such a time. I will peek in on stratics from time to time just to bother you with long winded ill thought out posts.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
No Flutter, that was me.
I banked a few things as well Black Sun just because one never knows when the UO bug may bite again. But for the most part, I have dumped stuff. Still working on my last building in Aegis, the Rest will be the hardest to let go, but I am not playing,so why waste the funds?

Best of luck to you and all that crap we say to one another at such a time. I will peek in on stratics from time to time just to bother you with long winded ill thought out posts.
Aedon makes Flutter sad.

SinDee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aedon I hope you dont plan on letting the Knight Rest fall

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quite this game too, once, or twice, or thrice...it's kind of cyclical. You wont be gone long :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Take care! Catskills won't be the same without your little dungeon house.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I tried to manipulate him with my ebil cookies but he would not be swayed.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is your house located?
One is by a dungeon, the other is out in the wilderness. It's one of the few locations in game that has woods on one side, mountain on one, grassy plain on one, and water on the other.

Beyond that, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. :devil: