• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Trying to return

• Thread starter Beleg Megil
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beleg Megil

Well, I am trying to return, but it ain't looking good. The patch in mid March screwed me, since I knew nothing about not attempting to patch normally by starting UOA. I am on dial up, which cannot change, so don't even go down that road... and I uninstalled and deleted eveything. I reinstalled from the last disc, shamefully 5 years old...and patched for a week and a half only to encounter the same problem. of course, EA Support/Tech help is a joke, I have spoken with 2 people unfamiliar with UO and they offered nothing that I haven't already tried, isn't common sense, or an obvious solution. It is ridiculous when I know more about the product that I am asking help with than the tech support crew. You'd think after 15 years, multiple accounts and thousands of dollars, I could call a toll-free number and say "hey, since your pencil necked code monkeys borked the patch and corrupted my files, can you send me a disc with the latest patched up version?" and all would be hunky-dory, hokey pokey. But whatever.

In short, I am working on it, but if I don't get this sorted out in the next few weeks, UO/EA/Mythic/Whoever gets my money will stop getting about 280 bucks a month from me. And no, if I go, nobody gets my stuff except Ahmaya's player. If she stays.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you try downloading the client from the mythic site instead? Not sure it would make a difference and sure you have tried it. Guess I just wanted to say hi old friend.

B

Beleg Megil

Yeah, i had to resort to that. Just finished last night at 10, started the DL shortly after the original post. Seems to have worked. Unfortunately, while I was straightening all of this out, we lost the Tanglewood house. Currently trying to track down the important rares and RP related momentos to replace them. :/ It's always something... Hope you are doing well. Are you playing? Is there anything to come back to?

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been playing UO, and not sure what there is to return to. The EM's still run an occasional plot-line, and there is the UO based story of some sort. (bored me to tears) But I suppose better then nothing. I still hold the Rest on my last remaining acct. (having a hard time shutting down my main acct. I am a sentimental old fool. Well, a fool at least. ) The other buildings were dropped to dirt plots, and when no one wanted Aegis, just left sitting. A few folks still play from time to time, but seems most of those we knew well have moved on. If you and Ahmaya do decide to log in, let me know, I would be happy to stop in for a visit, or open the Rest for a night of relaxation. Hope you get most of what you lost back, I know it is all pixels, but they are your pixels.

B

Beleg Megil

We did get most everything back! Luckily, we knew most of the IDOCers who snagged the important stuff. And we are playing again, so we'll be around :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will have to pop in and look you folks up. Any certain nights you may be in game?