• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trying to rekindle my interest - please help!

T

Tukaran

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to get myself back into UO after a quite lengthy break (for no particular reason). New stratics name, but the same old characters :)

Trouble is, I'm having problems getting back into the swing of things - not because anything has changed, but because I don't know what to do with myself! I'm only going to get 3 or 4 hours a week maximum but wondering what to do with that time to rekindle my interest.

I'd like to maybe get a character or 2 into a tram/ilsh/malas/tokuno based guild that does group hunts (doom, peerless etc) not really done role play but would give it a go too. Possibly PvP (tournies etc) - although I've never been any good at it! :p

Could anyone help me out? Any hunting guilds out there happy to recruit an almost 8 year vet with not much time to spare? Any ideas on getting that spark of interest back that I'm desperately seeking? Either reply on here or ICQ me on 480595099. I'll also be doing the usual stuff too like the weekly visit to the Europa Auction house on Wednesdays!!

I've got a tamer, T-hunter, 3x warriors (1 of each melee type), a bard, a mage, 2x crafters, a thief/assassin, a pally-archer, a fisherman and a necro (I think that's all of them!)

Thanks all! And thanks Barian for keeping that revolving door oiled, I feel like I've been spinning round in it for the last 5 months or so, since technically I never left the game!! :D

Cheers,
Tukaran

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there! Vesper [-V-] is always looking for new roleplayers to join the guild, wether it to be a normal civilian, the Republic Army or the newly formed Gangs of Vesper.

You can find more info on us here:
http://www.uoforums.com/vesper-v/

My ICQ is 136-016-357 :)

C

cheerful

EM events? RP is encouraged but necessary.
Details are normally posted here.

T

Tukaran

Thanks for the replies - I've sent a message off to -V- :)

Any other suggestions out there? Does the boardies group peerless hunt still run or did that stop ages ago? Used to really enjoy that!

Cheers,
Tukaran

C

cheerful

Sad to say the peerless dose'nt happen any more, I sometimes do a 'one off' but have'nt recently as my attention is mainly on the events now.

You could do a post and set a date to see if there is any interest.

G

Guardsmen Militia

Hi Tukaran,

I think most guilds would be happy to take you in regardless of how often you can or can't play, we all lead different lives after all!

I know Escaflowne has already mentioned his roleplay guild but I thought you might like some other options.

Most roleplay guilds are fairly active but the activities they do and the style of play they have are very different.
You can get a wider idea of the other roleplay guilds out there by visiting
UO Forums http://www.uoforums.com/uo-europa-guilds/
or
Forums4games http://www.f4g.net/

(Now for the biased bit, as let's face it we're all biased to some things ;))
Grd (The Guardsmen Militia) tends to appeal to large variety of people as our activities are so varied.
We tend to have a minimum of 1 large event every evening with smaller patrols, trainings, fights and tournaments throughout the day, so you'll never be short of things to do whatever time it is you play!

For example this evening we have planned:
A dungeon hunt
A tournament
A roleplay heavy event to end the evening with.
As well as that two dungeon visits and a handful of small duels have already taken place today!

On top of that we tend to frequent champ spawns, Yew Felucca and some of the deadlier dungeons (all in our GM crafted gear!)

Obviously being a roleplay guild there are some restrictions in place (like the aforementioned GM made non-magical gear and such) but we find these largely add to the entertainment.

The Guardsmen Militia is both the longest running and largest roleplay guild on the shard but I'll be honest and say our gritty style doesn’t appeal to everyone.

If you'd like any more information you can either contact me here, via PM, on our own forums: www.grd-europa.co.uk/forum or via ICQ 195710197

As mentioned, if you find our roleplay style too restrictive or 'gritty' there are many others out there, just find the one that fits! It's definitely worth giving roleplay a shot though.

Hope that's helped somewhat.

Floria (one of the Guardsmen Militia's command team)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to come and join Saor, we'd be happy to have you. We're specifically for new players, but we also take returning players, either permenantly or until they get back on their feet and settled in again. There's no guild meetings or minimum log ins per week, we all have busy lives and log as and when we can. We also have players all over the world, so with time zone overlaps, there's usually someone about :) We do some peerless and champs and there's usually someone out and about and happy to have some company.

T

Tukaran

Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm slowly getting my way back into the game now and will be looking to join a guild in the very near future!

Thanks again!

Cheers,
Tukaran