• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] trying to gain stam on my dexer

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 170 stam
my dex is below the 125 cap ...it is turn up..
.intell is above minimums and is turned down
I can't seem to get any gains in dex to drive my stam up to 180

should I dump all my dex bonus and stam bonus items...and go hunt for a night in GM crafter non modded suit and weapons?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What I would do is stone any skill that is at GM level or more, set focus to up, get yourself over your carry limit (say, with 550 boards if your backpack is empty) and run around your house.
Once you hit 125 dex, turn focus down and get your stoned skill back on your char.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am at 170 stam
my dex is below the 125 cap ...it is turn up..
.intell is above minimums and is turned down
I can't seem to get any gains in dex to drive my stam up to 180

should I dump all my dex bonus and stam bonus items...and go hunt for a night in GM crafter non modded suit and weapons?
You can adjust your stats in just a few minutes and get exactly what you want. I do this all of the time and this is how to raise your Stats:

Make sure you have a stat going down if they are maxed.
Make sure the skill your working is set to raise, regardless if it can go up or not. If it is locked or pointing down, you will not get a gain in stats.
Dex:
Get a musical instrument, set a function key to Last Object, double click the instrument to play it once, then hold down the function key and let the music play. If you are at max total skill points, great. Set Music to raise, it won't, but that makes no difference. If you are not at max skill points, then let Music raise to 20, stone off and repeat. Above 20 points, your wasting your time if it is raising.
Strength:
Get an ax or shovel, set a function key to Last Object, double click the ax or shovel once, then hold down the function key and chop wood or mine. If you are at max total skill points, great. Set Lumberjack or Mining to raise, it won't, but that makes no difference. If you are not at max skill points, then let Lumberjack or Mining raise to 20, stone off and repeat. Above 20 points, your wasting your time if it is raising. I find that alternating between chopping and mining works better that just one of the skills.
Int:
Set a function key to Last Skill, get a weapon, and go to Luna Bank. Use Armslore once on your weapon then hold down the function key until you get to 20 points if your not at max. If at max, then just set Armslore to raise. Use the same setup for Anatomy on another player, NPC won't work, or use Spirit Speak. Again, If you are at max total skill points, great. Set the appropriate skill to raise, it won't, but that makes no difference. If you are not at max skill points, then set the skill to raise and use the same logic for max skill points or letting the skill raise to 20, stone off and repeat. I use all three skills at Luna bank for best results.
Katrena

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having resistable spells spammed on you when you're at your Resist cap will also cause your STR/DEX to skyrocket. Spectral Spellbinders in Old Haven are awesome for that. It's usually how i get my new chars to 100+ STR, and DEX too if they're a Warrior.