• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] Tryin to raise Tacts and Macing

Hobo Sapien

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started out with 25 of ea. Followed FAQ on raisin went to Jhelom pits fought 6 gp wrestlers. Got Mace up to 60.3 tacts stuck at 25.1. Now I went to some jewelry and started on the Golem. Mace Almost 80 real and tacts still stuck at 25.1. I also tryed some ettins at 60.2 nuthin in Tacts. Anybody got some Ideas how I can get tacts to raise?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Go to New Haven, buy it to 40, take the Instructors NPC quest for accelerated skill gains to 50, then jewel up and golem train to cap.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd buy tactics to 40 and then go to Despise. Visit the lizardmen upstairs. That should even out your tactics and weapon skill to about 80. Then head to Yomatsu mines. There is an earth el and dc el spawnat the front. Use that to about 100 weapon and tactics. And then move into the mines and fight warriors to 120 weapon and 120 tactics.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

jaashua

I'd buy tactics to 40 and then go to Despise. Visit the lizardmen upstairs. That should even out your tactics and weapon skill to about 80. Then head to Yomatsu mines. There is an earth el and dc el spawnat the front. Use that to about 100 weapon and tactics. And then move into the mines and fight warriors to 120 weapon and 120 tactics.

-OBSIDIAN-
Are warriors better than trogs?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes a skill gets stuck at 25.1. Do as the othes have said and purchase it to 40. Best but most boring is jewels to 70 then golem but the other ways can be fun.

M

mjolnir131

golem training is the lest effective most expensive way to train out there that's why the Devs still allow it

O

Old Man of UO

Are warriors better than trogs?
Despise, then Troglodytes.

You need to be about +/- 20 skill points from whatever you are attacking if you want to gain. Trogs have a tactics range roughly 80-95 tactics, so you want at least 60 tactics before going to the Painted Caves. But these will take you to 110 tactics fast since they respawn instantly, and there are two always available.

Once you get to 100+ skill, the Warriors in the Yomotsu mines is a great way to finish off combat skills to 120. Much better/faster than golems in my opinion, and you can get a lot of gold at the same time.

Since the Stratics Hunter's Guide no longer works:
http://www.uoguide.com/Troglodyte
http://www.uoguide.com/Yomotsu_Warrior

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is usually what I do.

Buy skill at Haven, Do skill quest(s)
run to tram Yew Gate, run to Yew Crypts
and kill skeletons to mid 70's
Then I fight trogs to 120