• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trouble Gaining Tailoring!

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

wee papa smurf

Hey, iv been training tailoring for some 9 months now, and for the last 3 monthst iv had no gains!

I got to 115 and it just stopped dead, iv tried everything, like soulstoning the skill then relogging and taking back off the soulstone, iv tried dying and retrying and still nothing. Ive been logging in everyday possible to try and get my guaranteed gains but still nothing, and yes i am scrolled out to 120, ive got max in every other skill i have like 120 smithy, 100 fletch, 100 tink, 100 carp, i currently have 535 (thats with my 115 tailoring) used skill points so its not like i dont have the room. I paged a GM to see if they could help but i got the usual response, go to this website blah blah, which i did and that couldnt explain why im not gaining!

If anyone could help that would be great, oh and i understand the GM's might be a bit pre-occupied with everything going on atm but i would like a little help for my £10 a month subscription :thumbsup:

thanks in advance for any help :danceb:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you wearing a talisman? Make sure you not wearing one when training a skill, you don't want that the item you trying to make is 100% success chance.

Best is to make items between 75 and 90 % success chance.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same problem with my tamer. The only way I was able to solve the problem was to soulstone off all the skills I wasn't currently training. In your case (if possible) I would soulstone off everything but tailoring, and maybe arms lore if you're trying to get that to raise as well. When you are under 350 total points you will gain a little quicker. I was a bit surprised when someone told me about it, but I tried it and it worked for my tamer. I how have a collection of about 6 soulstones and 6 fragments just to hold skills while I'm training. Sounds crazy, and I know it's not exactly a convienent solution, but it does work.

W

wee papa smurf

Yea it stopped at exactly 115.0 while i was makin cloth ninja hoods as i was told they could take me 120,
also iv tried soustoning off all my skill points and havin just tailoring on my char but still no gains :(
and that was with no talisman, i just found it very weird cos i stopped at exactly 115.0 its as if the mechanics of the game dont recognise that im scrolled out for 120, so i tried eatin another 120 scroll but couldnt

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try paging a GM again. Maybe you'll get a different one again who will look at your situation a little more carefully. I have heard about people having skills get stuck before.

One more thing I can think of... (I did this about a month ago with carpentry)
I spent about an hour working carpentry in the low 80's without a single gain on a newly created char. (He was under the 'magic' 350 skill level) I checked my skills, and somehow I had accidently locked my carpentry. Most likely happened when I was moving some skills off him with a soulstone.

But if you do get it fixed, please let us know what was happening, and how you got it resolved. Might help future players with the same problem.

W

wee papa smurf

Ok, heres wot iv done to sort the problem, i bought another 120 tailorin scroll, used it on one of my other chars and moved my tailoring over to that char, made one "Studded Do" and guess what... 0.1 gain woot!! So i soulstoned it back over to my crafter and continued makin Studded Do's and lo and behold im gainin again!! now im 115.5!! I guess my char was stuck on 115.0 for some reason now that its passed that it has reset or something, im not sure how it worked but im happy it did, now i can continue in gainin thank god!
Thanks for all the advice :thumbsup:

N

Nenime

Glad to hear that :)

Meanwhile, I checked the Tailor chart page of Stratics and according to this, you have a 100% chance of crafting Cloth Ninja Hoods at 115 - which means no chance for gaining. Stick to Studded Dos. Costs LOTS of leather but will bring the desired gains.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, heres wot iv done to sort the problem, i bought another 120 tailorin scroll, used it on one of my other chars and moved my tailoring over to that char, made one "Studded Do" and guess what... 0.1 gain woot!! So i soulstoned it back over to my crafter and continued makin Studded Do's and lo and behold im gainin again!! now im 115.5!! I guess my char was stuck on 115.0 for some reason now that its passed that it has reset or something, im not sure how it worked but im happy it did, now i can continue in gainin thank god!
Thanks for all the advice :thumbsup:
Glad the problem is fixed. Pity you had to waste a 2nd 120 scroll to fix it though. Oh well. Good luck from 115.5 to 120!