• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trouble bringing up Stratics pages, get a page about some WordPress thing instead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not sure about others, but I am getting trouble to have my browser show Stratics UO pages, it starts showing the page I want but then right away it turns into a page about some WordPress thing....

What gives ?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This has been forwarded on I will let you know when we get a reply!

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am not sure about others, but I am getting trouble to have my browser show Stratics UO pages, it starts showing the page I want but then right away it turns into a page about some WordPress thing....

What gives ?
meees too

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have that problem when I use Firefox, but I can get in fine if I use Chrome. OK, even in Chrome if I try to get to the "New" section, it locks me out again. Odd.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, that log in page isn't secure. Please enable https for all login pages.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ok The people who can fix this are aware of the problem! I will post more when I know more...may be a while

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have that problem when I use Firefox, but I can get in fine if I use Chrome. OK, even in Chrome if I try to get to the "New" section, it locks me out again. Odd.
I am also using Firefox and get the problem.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
use the password you log into the boards with.
Doesn't work that was the first UN/PW I used I and I have them recorded so know they are correct, plus tested it on the boards again by signing out.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I had this issue using Firefox. I cleaned out my cache and now the site is working fine.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I cannot log into Wordpress either. I tried the "find my password" function and never got an email." This.
Same for me I cant submit my old buildong to the banner. Lost 4 years as I didnt know there were some way to change an L-shape to costumicable plot back in the days when it was risky to demolish. Finally did it oct 13 2004 and been counting the days.. Anyone know what to do?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
working on this issues right now - planning to have a fix implemented by tonight (I'm 6 hours behind most ppl)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also try logging out of the forums before you load pages in UOStratics. It's annoying, but it did work for me.

Wenchy

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
working on this issues right now - planning to have a fix implemented by tonight (I'm 6 hours behind most ppl)
FYI, the wordpress theme you are using (it's the same one I used for my site) has a tendency to be slow. The devs of that theme has a FAQ setup to explain how to speed the them up, but my site still takes 4.5 seconds to load :( ...la

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks for the tip Rico - will look at that.
As we are developing some new stuff, no guarantee will implement - but will look. ;)

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not been able to get around this at all. I was trying to research something over the weekend and everytime I found a page on stratics that had the info I needed I would get diverted to the WordPress login screen. Other than the forums, stratics is completely useless to me right now. Making your product unusable to your customers is not a good first step for new management.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
close to a fix... almost...
so sowwy for this - our server's configuration is vastly different than what had been used for Stratics in the past, and that has caused havoc with configurations, directory permissions and data.

will update with status.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Alright... the wordpress login should stop hi-jacking guest viewing of the UO.Stratics site.
There is a problem with the plugin and I've gotten with the the developer on it (finally). He's looking into the problem.

Sorry for the hassle folk! Thanks for your patience!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
close to a fix... almost...
so sowwy for this - our server's configuration is vastly different than what had been used for Stratics in the past, and that has caused havoc with configurations, directory permissions and data.

will update with status.

Question. Does that perhaps mean that this could result in us, Stratics' users, having trouble with links not working and ending up to pages no longer there because moved elsewhere ?

Or have ALL Stratics' links been automatically updated to whetever new addresses the pages have been moved to ?

Thanks.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question. Does that perhaps mean that this could result in us, Stratics' users, having trouble with links not working and ending up to pages no longer there because moved elsewhere ?
That is certainly an issue when moving sites to different servers and databases. I would think the best thing the users can do, is notify the Stratic devs when they run into this type of issue...la

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually, yes, what Rico said.

To whit... many of the super old guides, data tables and what not run on tech so old we cannot install it on the new servers without risking security breaches. This is causing a problem for a slew of UO-guide pages that are based on that super old tech.
RonBron & I are currently working on a solution to this, but this does mean that in the interim, we cannot display that information. The information is not _gone_ just cannot be displayed. We also cannot just arbitrarily go and disconnect it all, because some of it _is_ displaying.

Past staff did an awesome job in keeping the old tech running and live. It was common knowledge that, eventually, that tech would ultimately fail. With this transfer - it has.

So, samples of errors like...

and

and even longer with a whole bunch of geek-speak.

Or you will see just the text of a page:

We are doing the best we can to move as quickly as possible to get services up and running (basically completed with just a couple of smaller issues) and now we are focusing on the new structure which will herald migration of this old data into a more modern data structure for future development and growth.

In the short - we be workin' on it! But we do need time to accomplish it, and be concise.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just started happening for me today. I switched to an incognito window in chrome and it let me browse and log in. Something else I can do to fix this, or just wait it out and hope it goes back to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.