• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trolley games hit test

L

Little Sadie

Just read about the 4 new games released on test this am. I hope it doesn't cause major problems when released on open.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping to get the time to play around with them when I get off work. And if I can get fraps going.. we'll have video of my screwups. :D

L

Little Sadie

I really wish they would fix the problems with XD and the CEO before bringing in something new. I really miss XD!

F

Flippers

We want video!

We also want them to friggin fix what they have.

When was the last time anyone saw a button turn green when we stepped on it, or heard victory music at the end of a HQ boss run?

Then there's the phantom laff taking in the CEO.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pictures are here. Video didn't happen. :( I haven't tried to use Fraps since I got a widescreen monitor. ima have to mess with settings a bit.

I didn't find one bug the entire time I played, which is a good sign.

L

Little Sadie

On the Chinese Checkers is it really at the picnic tables? Or is it still located in the trolley?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oops.. yeah that's the part on the picnic tables. I checked a couple tables and they all offer chinese checkers. No more picnic food!

F

Flippers

Pictures are here. Video didn't happen. :( I haven't tried to use Fraps since I got a widescreen monitor. ima have to mess with settings a bit.

I didn't find one bug the entire time I played, which is a good sign.
Oh heh I tried fraps SINCE I upgraded and got a widescreen monitor. It's great!

Lemme check out the pics...

You should contact them about the keystrokes in the horizontal game. Test is for feedback and maybe enough people telling them that will have them re-assign the keystrokes (which isnt too hard to do, so now is the time to ask)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should contact them about the keystrokes in the horizontal game. Test is for feedback and maybe enough people telling them that will have them re-assign the keystrokes (which isnt too hard to do, so now is the time to ask)
Well having the squirt gun out squirting while jumping isn't the end of the world. lol But if you read the news article, they're asking for feedback, so I'll be giving them some.

As for FRAPS.. it was more me than Fraps I think. that was an awful lot of toontown for the space. lol

E

Electroflap

sorry, I am a lil new to this but how do you get to play these "test" games?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you have to apply to be accepted on the Test server. If you're approved, then disney gives you a test account username and password, and you use it to log into the test server.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The menus on the main page (http://play.toontown.com) are in flash and this computer doesn't play nice with flash. So I can't do the work for you; you'll have to do a search over there.

E

Electroflap

I was unable to find it but I emailed TT and asked how to apply.. thanks for all your help!

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if its changed or not, but it used to be that when they needed testers they would put a link on the main page. Generally it would take quite awhile to get accepted to test unless they didnt have enough for some new feature. Also they dont take too kindly to sending multiple requests, I remember one friend was told stop applying or you'll never get in.

Good luck, test was always by far my favorite server. Its not for everyone tho, test toons are much harder to work since there are alot less players there. Yes you do have to work a toon from TTC just like open.

Seeing those pics made me miss my test toons.

F

Flippers

Okay I saw the conveyor game on you tube.

You know what it is? I'll tell you exactly what it is.

The first Duke Nukem for DOS.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay I saw the conveyor game on you tube.

You know what it is? I'll tell you exactly what it is.

The first Duke Nukem for DOS.

Yeah! Duke Nukem was awesome. I also like Wolfenstein 3D, awesome mega DOS graphics. I still have that on my IBM, might have to fire her up. The paparazzi typed game is kinda interesting, now your kids can train to be a paparazzi and harm innocent celebs..lol :bored:

craze49

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know where to apply for test toons. At the bottom of the main page go to contact us then there will be a link to the FAQ go there and search test. then click on the page called what happens when I reach the maximum laff limit read the page somewhere in there it'll say how to apply for a test toon.

E

Electroflap

wow lots of helpful info! also its funny that you mentioned Duke nukem.. Thast's the name of my new puppy.. Alot of people I met didn't know what Duke nukem is.. I'm glad you all do!

S

Stubby

Alright, I will ask, what the hay is Duke Nukem? What kind of game? I got into computers towards the ending days of DOS domination. There, guys, you can always count on this little green pig to ask all the silly questions. Im a pig, I have no shame!!:coco: