• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

trojan in stratics?

D

Der Rock

hi,i just got a warning for a trojan
vboards.stratics(dot)com
http//www.bopwl(dot)com/lao(dot)htm

anyone else had this to?

R

RedDaTeef

I recently found a 2 Trojans on my comp. Got PC Tools Spyware Doctor now. My comp runs slow when I use it. :sad4:

N

Nenime

Yes, my firewall is telling me the same. HTML-Virus something...

R

Richtor Darkbane

What program is issuing the warning, I use AVG on one computer, and Norton and Spyware Terminator on the other.. and I haven't got the warning from any of them... is it coming from one of the banner ads?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I clicked on stratics a box came up for me to install a language script for chinese language. I cancelled it because I didnt think stratics would have anyone install a script like that.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It could be from a banner ad, it wouldn't be the first time an ad host serves an infected advertisement. I'm not getting anything on Firefox however.

A

Azazel of LA

I was getting a message this morning that a program was blocked from being installed while I was on stratics , Im glad to know it wasnt just me.

P

PRAH

vboards.stratics(dot)com

anyone else had this to?
That is the same one i was getting this morning. but seems fine now, i use Avast

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use avira and when closing firefox yesterday I did receive a warning saying a virus was in my cache. When I looked closer it was an infected page of some sort so I removed it and have not seen it again since. I wonder if this is the same thing. I was only on a handful of pages I visit daily.

A

al-Maroc

This has been resolved. Many apologies for the inconvenience and concern.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a file or other signature that can be looked for by hand, in case people are not entirely trusting of their virus scanner?

A

al-Maroc

it was just some bad code that i removed. as for what it actually was trying to do, i dunno :/

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
vboards.stratics(dot)com

anyone else had this to?
I got two trojans from stratics too.. they are liked to "Virtumundo" Some of you may already know what that is. It didn't seem that hard to remove, but not 100% for sure yet.

Does anyone know what it was after?

btw, I run firefox. And I never got a warning of any sort

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtumundo can be a royal pain in the rear to remove.

Once installed on your system, your performance (boot times especially) goes down the drain.

Every now and then it'll give you a pop up telling you how to "fix" the problem.

SUPERAntiSpyware is the only program I've found that'll reliably remove it.

Not that I got the pop up mind you. Firefox + ABP = Win.

C

Conrad

Not that I got the pop up mind you. Firefox + ABP = Win.
Amen, Brother.

A good subscription for ABP (Ad Blocker Plus plug-in for Firefox) helps as well. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of what to block.

Stratics may not like me posting this here (hey, you guys let a malicious banner ad slip through, not me:bs:), but with that combination, I have yet to see any kind if advertising on Stratics. If the ads are blocked BEFORE they are received by your machine, the chances of malicious banner ads infecting your machine are nil.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Trend Micro had blocked a banner a few times on stratics but that's some days or a week ago.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not recieved anything from stratics in the way of warnings, but my personal firewall picked up something weird the other night. I was loading uo and when the autopatcher finished Sunbelt Personal Firewall popped up saying uo was requesting access to the MS Office speech engine.... anyone else seen this? Of course I made a blanket deny rule for this warning.

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was just some bad code that i removed. as for what it actually was trying to do, i dunno :/

Well dont you think you sould find out and let you users know? Seems irrespesponsible just to shrug it off in a day and age when identity theft is such a high concern.