• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trish the Tank

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obviously I'm not the only one that has noticed the CEO seems to pick someone in the beginning and stick with them for most of the battle. Kippy added this info to me when I was writing the CEO guide, and by golly I'm not sure anyone's done more CEOs than Kippy. lol

I'm not sure how many of you have played other MMOs before. But in FFXI, a standard group is six people, one of them being "the tank", not there for damage so much, but there to make the enemy angry at him, keeping the focus and damage coming to himself while the others freely do the damage and healing and what not uninterrupted. Never have we had the ability to strategize in Toontown in this way, but I think we may now.

The part I'm not sure about is how. LOL I'm wondering if when we determine who has the hate if we should get that toon to just keep running to the direction the CEO's going.

One option would be to keep one belt open for the CEO-designated tank. Or maybe even both, if we can figure out how to keep the hate on one person.

I have a lot of thoughts running about in my mind about this, but my boss is in and out today so I'm not getting them together very well. Problems with this idea are of course since we can't do much talking (for fear of ghost hits) everyone wouldl have to pay attention to who's getting the most attention from the CEO.

Or maybe I'm just FOS and we can't control this. LOL

Any thoughts anyone?

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Trish,

I think this idea wold proably work out if everyone was using team speak, skype or something. I have not tried any of thse because I am waiting to see which one is more popular with everyone and that's the one I will choose.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda agree it is like a "Tank". I was the tank in COH/COV, that was always fun. You run into the crowd and they start beating you down and then the rest charge in. I remember when I was a NOOB and would run into the crowds before everyone was ready and then they would stink me. Sowwy.
Yeah the big question is how that person gets determined. Time to start a spreadsheet methinks with the "Tank of The Week" info to sort this out!

F

Flippers

He likes picking on someone who has settled into a corner table. Then follows them around.

The interesting thing was that the CEO responds to taunts.

I've said bring it on and he would change to my direction.

hope that helps :)

btw sometimes I hop around in front of the VP when he's near the edge so he throws gears in my direction. He seems to react to that.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've said bring it on and he would change to my direction.
A-ha so I was NOT imagining things. Those who use speedchat in GENERAL seem to be the target. I'm up for an experiment, how about y'all?

S

soupandquackers

im up for it, are we going to do the highest laffers for it?

L

Little Sadie

Well, I just might bring Sadie. She has lots of laff to lose. I bring a little toon and I won't last a minute. LOL!

K

Kippy

Wow trish are you reading my mind again??

Me and my troopers have been experimenting on this and YES he does respond to taunts, emotions and even speedchat in general.
Unless I'm there, then he doesn't care about taunts, he goes directly for me :gee:
After almost 350 CEO's (346 to be exact)
I think he's got a thing for me :love:

Jokes apart, we are always on teamspeak when we do this (we think it's safer for all of us)

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I could use TS (or anything else for that matter) but we are a house full of gamers. If I'm on the Stratics Connector, or Skype, or TS, or Vent, then everyone feels the loss of bandwidth. It was the same when I was DJing, and now that my daughter is DJing, same with her.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TS has been weird for me lately. When my mom goes and uploads pictures to the web, it sucks up the bandwidth and boom I get disconnected or nobody can hear me. That's understandable. The latest thing is after awhile I get this huge like power button icon that pops up on my Mac and says "You NEED to reboot your system now!" and you can't do anything else. Then the other week when I got booted from the CJ the instant I hit my speak button I got booted from TT. It's kinda risky using it when I'm doing something that takes awhile, so I'm kinda Teamspeaking with caution. :blushing: I should be able to come tomorrow night, if you need me. If not I'll be ChaCha'ing..hehe

L

Little Sadie

Well count me out. My daughter wants to go to the carnival. Imagine that! LOL!