• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Trinsic Humility Hunt 8/13

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Wednesday the thirteenth of August at eight pm eastern the city of Trinsic would like to invite everyone to a traditional Humility Hunt. We will be meeting at the Royal Bank of Trinsic at eight for final preparations before leaving to our destination. Humility Hunts are meant to encourage team work and serve as a great practice for cross healing in combat situations. The following restrictions are placed on the starting equipment
  • Basic clothing, no armor
  • Grandmaster crafted or NPC bought weapon without modifiers
  • No talismans
  • No Jewelry
As we progress through the hunt anything that is killed may be looted and the items found there used in the remainder of the hunt.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just curious ...why the emphasis on no armor or equipment... people spend a lot of gold and or effort creating their armor weapons and equipment....I fail to understand why you want people not to use them?? Please dont see this as a criticism, I would just like to understand your thought process. Also can I then assume that someone that doesn't want to participate in this manner isn't welcome in the dungeon? For me the wonderful part of UO is the individuals ability to create and modify their template however they like and...equip that template with items and strategy that they enjoy and that makes it effective ...you event seems to discourage this vital part of UO. Again.... please dont see this as a criticism in any form,...just an attempt to clear up my confusion

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TW, most likely it is meant to serve as a unique challenge. Anyone can run down to a spawn or dungeon any day with full equipment.... But to do it naked! That is truly a special challenge.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
really?...wow I die in dungeons every day...fully equiped...lol I have every wandering healer memorized near all dungeon locations. the idea of going in naked to me is just.....well mind boggling, that is why I had to ask...:)

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the challenge of the lack of gear it also encourages the teamwork and cross healing that makes the harder hunts more manageable. I seriously doubt we see anyone else in the dungeon I've picked for this month, but if we do I would hope that they would simply steer clear of us while we did our hunt.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok I will come in with no armor no weapons and no jewels...but I am bringing my pet summoning ball linked to my greater dragon......lol

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I have no jewelry on he will go wild in about three commands....then that will make it really challenging lol... I think I better stone over GM hide and legendary stealth before I head out :) not for the dragon but to save me from everyone else in attendance :)

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol. Tamers don't usually come but if you plan to attend on one we would appreciate it if you used a fresh tamed 2 slot or less. Usually we don't bring any in with us and tame in the dungeon, but there is nothing in this one to tame.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is tonight folks. Hope to see you guys there!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to witness this event if not participate......so I stealthed along with this small brave band! I didn't want to ruin their fun so I left without saying hello.....

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have loved to attend, unfortunately I was leading a raid in Lotro tonight. I trust it all went well and a good time was had by all.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had fun, and I hope the other two guys did too. Not sure what exactly it is about thinking "oh crap is that a lich Lord" makes it fun but it is lol

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I left before you got to the lich lords.....the carnage would have been too much for my gentle soul

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had fun, and I hope the other two guys did too. Not sure what exactly it is about thinking "oh crap is that a lich Lord" makes it fun but it is lol
I certainly enjoyed it. I t would have been better if the health bars worked correctly . I think the final score was Lich Lord 9, Us 1.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was fun. Looking forward to next time. I think we did alright on the lich lords. It was the regular liches that messed us up the most.