• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Trinsic Fishing Competition: September

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This month's fishing competition will run from September eighth to fifteenth at six pm eastern. There are two requested fish for this month based upon skill levels. The normal fish is the Giant Koi. Giant Koi are caught in deep water in Tokuno. The prizes for the Giant Koi will depend on the size of the fish you can catch. The biggest fish will win you five thousand gold per stone of weight of the fish. The second place fish will win you three thousand gold per stone of weight. Third place will win two thousand gold per stone of weight. An additional million gold check will be awarded to any of the top three fish that are two hundred stones in weight or larger.

The fish for more advanced fishers is the Golden Tuna. Golden Tuna are caught in deep water in Tokuno, and are reported to require a little over grandmaster skill (105). The prizes for the Golden Tuna will be a million gold check paid for the biggest fish turned in, five hundred thousand for second place, and two hundred fifty thousand for third place.

Legendary fishers have a new challenge this month in the Lantern Fish. Lantern Fish are caught in the Prism of Light. The largest Lantern Fish turned in will win a conjurer's garb (no luck).

All fish must be caught during the week between September eighth through fifteenth at 6 pm eastern. Winners will be announced at 8 pm on the fiftheenth at the docks in Trinsic. Fish you have caught for the competition may be turned in at the city herald in Trinsic, or to the governor or one of his representatives. Please note that the herald is fairly weak so if it won't accept your fish it may be full and you may have to try again later. Multiple fish may be turned in, but only the largest of your catch will be considered for the largest fish prize. Fish will be returned upon request of the fisherman, after prizes have been awarded. The top fish, if not returned, will be made into a trophy and displayed at the Bayside Stadium in Olympus. Any other unclaimed fish will be used in a way that benefits the city.

In addition to the largest fish prizes we will also be awarding prizes for the fishers that catch fish that match the weight of the biggest and smallest of the five Giant Koi that are caught by my independent fisher. As well as the fisher that comes closest, without going over, of the average weight of all entries in both categories.

(Note: I am usually in game or online between the hours of 4 pm and 10 pm eastern. Ask for me in the RP Community Chat, PM me here, or icq me at #270755567 to arrange delivery of your fish)

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom, you might want to make a post on the fishing/treasure hunting forum...I am sure you might get a few fishermen joining the event that don't usually follow our quiet little forum.

Just a thought
Once I get a fisher trained up I will be competing

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thom, you might want to make a post on the fishing/treasure hunting forum...I am sure you might get a few fishermen joining the event that don't usually follow our quiet little forum.

Just a thought
Once I get a fisher trained up I will be competing
I can probably post something there but I try to keep my event posts in our shard forum.

I have also edited the original post to include the Lantern Fish due to a prize donation.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since nobody caught a Lantern Fish this month I'm adding that in again for next month.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that a hard little fish. i end up giving up on fishing it as just making made see i was just getting sea serp trying to kill me left and right

Blind Tom the Pirate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations to this month's winners.
Giant Koi
  • 1st place Leucosia 194 stones
  • 2nd place CIdean's Servent 193 stones
  • 3rd place Nereus 186 stones
Golden Tuna
  • 1st place Adrian Monk
  • 2nd place Spanky
Being that I,n another form, am CIdian's Servant, I do here and now wish to thank Thom and the good citizens of Trinsic for me award! ~ CIdian's Servant, [UP] a fishing maniac.

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your very welcome. The contest for October will be posted soon.