• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tribulation...need some help figuring this out.

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have recently been playing around with a mage/bard and discord mastery spells. My skills are:

120 Magery, Music, Discord, Provocation, Meditation, Focus

What I have noticed: (non-party)

1- Tribulation damage triggers for all guild members and all summons. However, it does not trigger for non-guilded members (trammel tested only).
2- Damage from non-player sources trigger tribulation damage (e.g., the pillars at narvey's lair). What is interesting is I receive 20,000+ points of additional damage when rocks start flying at narvey. This is according to the damage report from Pinco's UI in EC.
3- Word of Death from other guild mates triggers tribulation damage only when the caster is not in any form (e.g., reaper form). I was noticing anywhere between 250-350 damage from tribulation triggered from a guild mate's WoD when he was not in form. However, when he activated spellweaving's reaper form, I did not receive tribulation damage.
4- Having pet slots activated (e.g., ethereal mount and ev) seemed to rapidly depreciate my mana pool quicker with tribulation mana upkeep costs.
5- Stacking tribulation and despair, combined with guild member's damage sends my contributory damage through the roof. This can not be maintained for long but it is awesome for the final push when spell weavers start throwing WoDs.

My question is can multiple bards stack tribulation spells on a single mob. If so, then Narvey can be instantly killed with the pillar stones alone. I have not tested this personally. Does anyone have this answer?

Second, is it intended for only guild mates and party members to trigger your tribulation damage? If so, then why do all summons or other forms of damage trigger my tribulation and not non-guilded or non-party players?

And finally, why does a caster's form negate the damage activation of my tribulation from WoD? This appears to be a bug.

Over all, I have found this template to be extremely fun. Especially in groups. Having a powerful bard helps against high-end bosses greatly. In addition, I contribute massive amounts of damage to the boss via tribulation and despair (e.g., Narvey 26k+, Slasher 15k+). I am considering other ways to enhance mana upkeep costs by possibly using enough necro/ss for shadow wisp. I have considered wraith form but the amount of skill requirement and the fact the mob has to have available mana to leech negates that idea. I would love to hear feedback from experienced bards.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My question is can multiple bards stack tribulation spells on a single mob. If so, then Narvey can be instantly killed with the pillar stones alone. I have not tested this personally. Does anyone have this answer?
first come, first serve

the first bard to plop the spell on the mob gets all the points.
any other bard is SOL

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Second, is it intended for only guild mates and party members to trigger your tribulation damage? If so, then why do all summons or other forms of damage trigger my tribulation and not non-guilded or non-party players?
* Tribulation: Target Hit Chance reduced by up to 32%, Spell Damaged reduced by 32% , Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second. (Discordance Based) (Chance to Trigger damage Musicianship Based). Damage bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments. Upkeep cost 11.
* Despair: Target Strength Reduced by up to 32, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. Damage is 1.5x vs Non Player, 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments. Upkeep cost 13.
so the disco mastery spell is the only one that has NOTHING to do with party members.
the provo and peace ones help anyone partied with ya.
but the disco one dosnt, or shouldnt be just for guild members or pary members.
i got a little muddled up on your post, did you say that ONLY guild members where contributing to your points?

Tribulation Damage Taken can trigger additional damage between 8-32% of the damage taken once per second bonus modified by 1.5 with Instruments

k, so if all the guys hammering away on navy are doing say 1000 points damage per second you have the possibility of also hitting for 320x1.5=480 per second.
now stack that with Despair, 20 – 48 Damage (Physical), every 2 seconds. 3x Damage with Slayer Instruments
so 144 every 2 seconds (tops)

total if stacked, 480+144=624 every 1 to 2 seconds.

seems in line with what your saying no?

say pillers deal out 50,000 HP damage, then your getting 32% if that.
thats like 16,000 hp.

it all looks right to me.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And finally, why does a caster's form negate the damage activation of my tribulation from WoD? This appears to be a bug.
this could be.

test it a couple more times, if it is happening, then submit it to the bug report system.

it wouldn't surprise me, stuff like that often messes up the game code.

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so the disco mastery spell is the only one that has

i got a little muddled up on your post, did you say that ONLY guild members where contributing to your points?

it all looks right to me.
Hey Poo. Thanks for all your info. To clarify: Yes, ONLY guild members and all summons (guild members and non guild members) were contributing to my points. I spent a good hour testing this out. No damage from player sources who were not in my guild, except for their summons.

As for Narvey, it was incredible. Within seconds I dealt out 20,000+ points of damage from the rocks. This definitely sped things up :)

P.S. I love EC w/ Pinco's UI, minus the crashing and crashing :lick:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@120 Music you have a 60% Chance to trigger the tribulation damage.
(with 120 Provo and Peace that increases to 84%)
@120 Disco your tribulation triggers 32% Damage
(with 120 Provo and Peace that increases to 50%)
-Forgot to check slayer bonus (but if I remember correctly it gives you a 1.5x to the Damage Trigger amount. So you could get essentially 48% / 75% 2x 120/4x 120)

(With you're current template if the rocks hit navery of 20K damage, at 3x 120 you'd be getting about 41% of that (8.2K or 12.3K with a slayer, not that I remember if narvey was ever vulnerable to a slayer).
Tribulation chance should be checked on every hit, though there's a limit of it firing at once per second.

So if you had it running while someone was using a slayer weapon with hit lighting, and your tribulation rolled proc successfully on both, only the lightning would grant you tribulation damage since it occurred first and would invoke the timeout. Tribulation can also proc on Zero Damage events like debuffs (weaken, curseetc.) in which case you deal 0 as well and still have a 1 second timeout between procs. Luck of the draw.

-------------------------
Despair deals a base of 36 physical damage (@ 120/120 Disco/Music)
(48 with 120 Provo/120 Peace) as well.

On Non-players despair gets a 1.5x Modifier so that goes to 54/72 Player/Monster.

With a slayer the damage is doubled (in effect 2 x 1.5 x Base = 3 x Base Damage).