• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of Kotl.....

Quatermain

Visitor
Awards
I'm a returning player, and have been back for about a month. I heard people talking about it but it sounded too 'end game'ish' for me. I eventually went and found that most player would be able to kill the mobs in the 'first room' and collect 'kotl arties' easy enough.

As with much about this game there needs to be more of a 'list' of things to do and in order of difficulty. It would help veterans maybe, but more so for returning players and especially new players.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blows my mind that so many people have no clue where powder of translocation and bags of sending come from and think it is some high end boss drop. Yet it is one of the most useful and easiest to farm things in the game. Then I remember HOW WOULD THEY KNOW! There really does need to be a quest and what to do guide that is up to date. And someone needs to go around cleaning up all dead quest and EM Event NPCs hanging around looking like they are a part of something active.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not competent enough in questing, but I can help with a list of spawns for PVMers that reached the GM and higher level. I would suggest...

...First wave of the Wyvern-Renowned-Spawn in the Abyss: Much gold, very useful imbuing mats, easy fight for summons or pets. But run when the servants spawn.

...goblin mini-champ in the Abyss: Easy, quick, good mats, occasional Artie. Almost all templates useful.

...Swoop: Pink bird in Ilshenar, mini boss, good for tamers, drops occasional arties.

...Ratmen in the Cavern of the Discarded: Excellent for warriors with area damage and leech weapons. Mobs and bosses take much damage but dont deal much. Occasional arties and imbuing mats. I trained all my warriors to 120 there.

...Navrey Nighteyes: With the columns-trick and some stoneboots in your backpack you can easily solo this peerless. Drop the stones on her and in between cast EVs or Colossus to earn looting rights while staying invissed or hidden. Drops very useful items.

...the sentinel spider and her minions in front if Navreys lair: Good gold, occasional arties and lucky coins for the luck sandals. Easy for most templates even lower pets, EVs or warriors with spider slayer weapons.

These are all locations I choose because of a mixture of nice encounters and arties or mats options (income and fun).

These encounters do not work for templates below 100 skill (or at least most if them) but as soon as you can control a better pet or cast EVs or Col reliably, you can do them all solo. And with jewelry, no problems... Soon you have a Tangle, Luck Sandals, a pile of essences and other mats, good skillgains, some other arties and PVM -experience with single and multiple targets.

For the start one golden rule for spellcasters: You can't in is too often, rather too rarely... And Stealth is your friend, if you mind dying.

Last edited:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is a reliable guide: Ambitious Solen Queen - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

the only things uoguide is missing are the newer quests like kotl stuff they usually take a couple of months to update for new stuff but other than that I alwys found uoguide to be very reliable
Every Body is Free to create New articles. If I search something and didnt found it there, i try to create an article if I have the Solution.
For example, which skills can be selected with the New kotl ring? You will find an answer now. For this i havent to write the complete publish Notes. Just my Small stuff.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We really encourage our community to create articles for this very reason.

If I was a returning or new player and I went to uo.com and then to the player wiki, I would expect there to be a NEW PLAYER GUIDE at the very top....it's of the utmost importance.....we are working on one here, but for the official website to not have one is just silly.

Simple guides....how to create a character, how to move, common in-game commands (Say BANK at the bank etc. ) How to use New Haven, etc. etc.

The Article System here is built for that....as a UO community here, USE that! Make guides, help your fellow players understand the game better, the best way to learn is from the experienced players and we have tons of those here! :) Having video tutorials is even better!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to add a super-easy encounter with comparatively great loot: dark guardian room in doom: Good for almost all templates: Warrior with area damage, tamers or spellcasters. Mystic in stoneform precast colossus and walk in. The Col cuts through the guardians like a warm knife through butter, you dont get poisoned and can stay hidden. Loot is good gold, tons of tmaps, decent armor and jewelry, daemon bones for the gauntlet, materials. Awesome. Works with a better pet as well as with a whirlwind weapon.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There are some great suggestions here for returning/newer players, I had to admit I came back 3 years ago and lasted 2 months because the number of changes was just too overwhelming. I can't begin to imagine how confusing it must be for a 'young' player, with no help. This time instead of trying to make my old characters 'fit' I tried something new, I am really enjoying my treasure hunter now. Even though my skills are somewhat limited even I can get Kotl arties in the room with lava lizards and fire ellies. I'm saving up for that nice ring.... thanks again for all the helpful suggestions in this thread!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a reliable guide: Ambitious Solen Queen - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

the only things uoguide is missing are the newer quests like kotl stuff they usually take a couple of months to update for new stuff but other than that I alwys found uoguide to be very reliable
UOGuide is kind of like stratics you have to know it is there and what you are searching for. There is without question a lot of material on both UOguide and Stratics. I miss the printed strategy guides :) The script on the page never stopped working and froze the whole page as UOguide likes to do to me :) Now I gotta go dig my crate of old strategy guides out and the cloth maps, and all the other UO Junk I collected back when there was junk to collect.

51587SBA75L.jpg

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOGuide IMO searches much better. I find that I get more useful results there, with less to have to filter thru.