• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Travesty

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello

I heard a rumour that Travesty could make your pet goes wild.

Anyone experienced this? Is it confirmed?

Thanks

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a simplistic way of putting it.
Reality is that Travesty copies your skill set and uses it against you. If the party fighting Travesty includes a bard (or tamer) with discord skill it's possible that she could use that skill to discord you, lowering your skill below that needed to control your pet. If you don't notice that and continue to command your pet there's a risk the pet will lose enough loyalty that it will go wild.
I never take a bard to Travesty.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note:

This means, if you go to Travesty as a group, that NO ONE have any discord - not even a few random points on jewelry. I've personally seen an instance where everyone had 0 real Disco, but one person had a bracelet that had less than 10 disco skill, and somehow Travesty got disco powerful enough to disco the tamer, when they copied that character.

They might have fixed that (this was almost 10 years ago), but then again they might not have. Better safe than sorry.