• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Traveller Beware!!!!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Following the recent expedition to Nujelm and our encounter with Bladderstick and his followers, Sparrow went back today to look around. Fortunately in his previous occupation as a thief, before undertaking more legitimate pursuits, he became highly skilled in hiding and moving around stealthily, as today this skill undoubtably saved his life. All over the city will be found red executioners. Woe betide the unwary crafter who visits by chance. There are considerable numbers to be found in various location, around the entrance to the palace, near the pressgang, amongst others, with a few dotted around everywhere.

Anyone intending to visit the city would be well advised to go with a strong party unless you have a propensity for collecting death robes as the numbers you are likely to encounter will ensure your swift demise.

It would appear that another visit will need to be made by the Brittanian Guard to clear Nujelm of these unwelcome visitors. It is unclear whether these are here at the Sultans bidding or are followers of the knave Bladderstick. Which?, is irrelevant we will have to remove them.

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update - This morning Sparrow returned to search further and went prepared for a dangerous visit. To his surprise everything seems normal, the red characters notable only by their absence. Nary a one to be seen anywhere, but as we did not remove them logic dictates that they must be somewhere, so it will behove us to maintain vigilance while visiting Nujelm.

The hut which held the supplies and the gate to the cellars only contains 2 empty crates the gate is gone, maybe Bladderstick's minions are concealed below?.

The Sultan was found in what appears to be a pantry together with a quantity of food, so no surprise there. He had little to say other than to state how he thought it was wise of Bladderstick to 'seal us up in here'. By implication this suggests that Bladderstick too, is within the palace. however, search as I might I found no trace of him. Perhaps future investigations or other investigators will find more.

This episode is far from over, be on your guard.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
**The sound of the sand, moving in the air is heard, Nujelm stands in total tranquillity*
Drake, had read the reports by the notable Lord Sparrow, he decided it was time he made some of his own investigations, now that he was in office, he had more responsibilities to attend....
He had ridden in his new horse, Bonanza, lovely dark brown stallion, fast as the wind.

He was amazed and had to corroborate what Sparrow had said, the city lay still, in total silence...
No one wanted to speak to someone that was wearing the realms colours, even so more the King's Seal...
The entrance to the palace remained sealed by a magical force field, that stopped anyone from entering. Surely something was hidden inside, but Drake wasn't able to walk or break pass that field...
The house, as Sparrow said laid empty, nothing on site...
This worried Drake, as a few days earlier, Kalimana, Drakes wife, had been battling hard against Bladderstick and his followers....
He inmediatly sent for a message to be delivered to his head guards in Jhelom, to rally all the men possible and be ready for any that might happen...
The number of the troops wasn't at its all time high, but some preparations and precautions could be taken in fate that things turned out ugly. He knew he would have to gather a much larger army if you be able to help in anyway possible, so ideas started to spring to mind.
Drake, knew that this was a matter of importance, and his life was in danger, even if the evil didn't show its face and decided to gallop back to safer lands to report and organise the upcoming events.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update Two

A quick visit yesterday evening found Bladderstick's minions very much in evidence again. Heaven help the unwary traveller who calls while they are present.

Once again this morning they have gone into hiding, during a fast tour I saw none. The only change I found was that the Sultan has moved from the pantry to a nearby bedroom. To complete his isolation he has had constructed a wall blocking any entry to the room.

Sultan.jpg

He seemed to feel secure enough behind the magical wall, does he now feel especially endangered?,
or perhaps, as I could see no food in the room, he is attempting to cure himself of his obsession with comestibles by removing any possibility of eating?.

Last edited:

The Trinsic Beacon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a report written by sergeant Iljian*

As requested by Skaros I made another round of Nujel’m. Overall, I found nothing that was not already reported by others beforehand. The Sultan and his followers are apparently within the palace, locked in by a force-field which I could not pass myself. Executioners wander the town, randomly attacking travelers. The island is slowly falling into Chaos, which I am sure will please his majesty. I hope that the council will decide on a sensible course of action to help the citizens of Nujel’m regain order and safety.

*signed*
Iljian

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ooc I am having a little trouble logging into the uoem site to post a report so hopefully here will do - Valura/Darwynna)*

I know when I am outmatched. I only came to Nujel'm to style an accurate chart of the waters for the seafaring folk of Britain. I am no skilled fighter, a sword is just a paperweight to me. Now, a pen? Yes, well a pen is splendid! I can make good likenesses of rich, (well paying!) folk and I do draw worthy maps but my pens against these ruffians is no use. What would I do? Tattoo them to death? I have had no luck talking to animals, beasts don't like me and they make me sneeze something rotten. I surely didn't expect to face fighting on the streets of Nujel'm. Just my luck to be caught here.

The King's folk come here under orders to patrol the town. They are streaming through portals (the braver ones!), skulking through the shadows (the wise ones!) - they could learn a lot by being like me, peering out of my window and simply watching. The Sultan has tasked bands of toughs to guard his streets, released them and given them free reign to stop and execute those who are foreign to his isle. No one is safe from the fighting, they attack on sight and words and actions do little to stop them. Well, just this evening I saw a chap dragged from his black horse in the street, his protests falling on deaf ears and quickly silenced by the axes of the Sultan's street army. *shivers* I won't forget the sound of that bloodied axe in a hurry I should say! I have witnessed many of the King's agents perish in this way and still they come.

No, I will stay here and watch, wait and if that makes me a coward then so be it. Better a live coward then a dead hero! There are plenty of those on these sultry streets these last days. I shall wait..the mornings seem quieter, the streets emptied of the executioners (no doubt drunk on copious ales or their bloodlust!). Then, I might make my move. I will just watch a little while longer from my window..just to be safe, it is a long way to that moongate and I was never one for running..though I could be persuaded, in a tight spot, by memories of that axe. Maybe if I make it I could sell my maps at the Castle, maybe tell my story to the worthies there...
-Erin,
Scribe, Cartographer, Artist
(Portraits on request, commissions taken (gold to be paid in advance))