• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Traveller-AR - Mobile EVE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Welbourn

I stumbled across the announcement of Traveller AR (An iPhone port of the traveller p&p brand) at SXSW in Austin and was wondering if this would be a great way to have EVE style gameplay on the move. There is not much information on it just yet (official site). but it seems to combine an MMORPG with a massive space empire/RPG style feel, similar to EVE.

I am going to check it out at SXSW, I will be there, and will report back when I have played the demo!

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There have been a few progresses with EVE Online on the mobile front lately. They do have a few developers over there that are trying to bring some of the elements of the game a bit more functionality out of the game too.

We've been used to 3rd party tools that utilize the API, but with EVE Gate - there has been a lot of improvements to the offline experience as well.

Good stuff on the post though, will be interesting to hear what you've learned on the trip! :)

O

OliverWhitham

I found this thread and just wanted to chip in, we (Ingz, Inc.) are indeed making an iPhone/iPad based space MMO game. While we are not the same as EVE, we do plan to make a great iPhone space MMORPG with trading, exploration and military in over 40,000 star systems (Based on the Traveller Pen and Paper RPG game started in the 1970s')

Vince, if you have an iPhone and are interested we are launching a pre-launch beta that you might be interested in :)

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I found this thread and just wanted to chip in, we (Ingz, Inc.) are indeed making an iPhone/iPad based space MMO game. While we are not the same as EVE, we do plan to make a great iPhone space MMORPG with trading, exploration and military in over 40,000 star systems (Based on the Traveller Pen and Paper RPG game started in the 1970s')

Vince, if you have an iPhone and are interested we are launching a pre-launch beta that you might be interested in :)
Thanks for the offer, allthough I don't have an iPhone - I just recently got my first smartphone ever (I know, I know - at last! lol) but its android based - Its an HTC Incredible.

If you want a review at some point I'd be available for one on that platform.

O

OliverWhitham

Thanks for the offer, allthough I don't have an iPhone - I just recently got my first smartphone ever (I know, I know - at last! lol) but its android based - Its an HTC Incredible.

If you want a review at some point I'd be available for one on that platform.
I might have to hold you to that!

We are currently only releasing on the iPhone/iPad, but we will probably be releasing on other platforms after we have got everything running smoothly on the iPhone!

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Closing this thread since its off topic for this forum.
Youre welcome to open a new discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.