• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Traveling Bard's Night at the New Port Theater - 3/14/09

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At nine o'clock Eastern time (9:00 PM EST) on Saturday, March 14, Traveling Bard's Night will be hosted by Kate Hawkings at the recently-constructed New Port Theater. The event is sponsored by PGoH. The rules of bard's night are simple:

* Leave your conflicts at the door and bring your stories with you.
* No harsh obscenities are to be used in your stories.
* There will be a time limit (usually five minutes, but subject to change due to the number of storytellers).
* All stories must adhere to the theme: "Vanity/Pride."

The top three will win cash prizes and will be given an invitation to the champions event at a later date.

The prize will be divided as follows: 500,000 gold crowns for first place; 325,000 gold crowns for second; and 175,000 gold crowns for third. Judging will take place by three crowd members chosen at random, who will decide on the winners.

In addition, a note from Kate Hawkings:
"Dress your best, the best dressed guest in New Port will be awarded 10k *Blaze clothing may not apply* Judging will take place by Miss Kate Hawkings."

This is New Port Theater's debut. Its coordinates are 13. 42'S 2. 19'W in Malas, and gates will be run from New Haven starting at approximately 8:30 to give people time to come sign up. Keep an eye out for runes dropped around New Haven as well. See you there!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Bumps* because I fully support new establishments for the shard!

I may not be able to make it tonight due to Comcast causing me lag lockups.

B

Beleg Megil

I went through the gate, grabbed a rune to come back from the vendor to bring the rest of my guild but the rune is blocked. Oh well, hope it went well and maybe we'll catch ya next time.

Piper [PGoH]

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The winners were...

1. Talmek
2. James
3. Rameses

Good job, guys, and thank you to all who participated and attended!

I went through the gate, grabbed a rune to come back from the vendor to bring the rest of my guild but the rune is blocked. Oh well, hope it went well and maybe we'll catch ya next time.
Oh no. D: That's no good. We'll have to have people park the mounts elsewhere in the future.

M

Moonwynd

The winners were...

1. Talmek
2. James
3. Rameses

Good job, guys, and thank you to all who participated and attended!
Was great fun! All of the performers' stories were very well done. I got to be a judge *Cera Silversteed* and it wasn't easy. It was a tough decision and difficult to choose only 3.

Anyway, here's a picture I took with all the performers and audience.
*Sorry I can't seem to get it any larger*

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talmek and Izznet I beleive were the winners of Kate's little fashion contest. I think Bob could have won except his apron was blaze...

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was late because i decided to go out to eat at the last minute, so i wasn't aware of some sort of fashion show.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh. I admit I forgot about the blaze rule. But that Vampire look was great! Nice job Talmek. And the stories/poems were better than I had expected *smiles*

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, I think she would have picked you if your apron was a different color... Like maybe, I dunno, royal purple would have been good :p

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Smacks head* Doh! Good point. hehe.

I wonder if anyone even hovered their mouse over the apron to see who made it? ;) I've had that apron for years now.

C

Corvak

Talmek, with that tux on...do you carry a golden crossbow in a hidden pocket, and kill people in one shot?