• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trap Boxes

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i was going to put this as part of my reply to kyrites shield idea but i dont want to hijack his topic:

what they need to do is get rid of trap boxes..as it is now trap boxes allow people to make overpowered templates..if you think about it and all the gimpped out templates that it lets people have..it would provide much more balance in the game if they were gone.

they arent intended for that use in the game at all..and the process of making them even further proves that point..they already fixed the similar method years ago with the trapped pouches but they have yet to fix this?

i can guarantee you this huge aspect of pvp isnt considered by ea when they are looking at balancing issues.. what is the point of introducing even more spells that can be broken by using this method (sleep)

get rid of trapped boxes and force people to have resist and uo will endup much more balanced...i know im going to get flammed by anyone who uses this in their template (so do i)..but i think in the big picture this is what should really happen

C

CoRreCt mEth0ds

what is the point of introducing even more spells that can be broken by using this method (sleep)
get rid of trapped boxes and force people to have resist and uo will endup much more balanced...
if they are forced to have resist, then all these spells would be obsolete anyway, so whynot just remove the spells from the game all togeather? or better yet, just remove resist spells from the game. as it is, at least if you kill the perosn and loot them, they are in much worse shape.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

i was going to put this as part of my reply to kyrites shield idea but i dont want to hijack his topic:

what they need to do is get rid of trap boxes..as it is now trap boxes allow people to make overpowered templates..if you think about it and all the gimpped out templates that it lets people have..it would provide much more balance in the game if they were gone.

they arent intended for that use in the game at all..and the process of making them even further proves that point..they already fixed the similar method years ago with the trapped pouches but they have yet to fix this?

i can guarantee you this huge aspect of pvp isnt considered by ea when they are looking at balancing issues.. what is the point of introducing even more spells that can be broken by using this method (sleep)

get rid of trapped boxes and force people to have resist and uo will endup much more balanced...i know im going to get flammed by anyone who uses this in their template (so do i)..but i think in the big picture this is what should really happen
before boxes people use to use pouches i dont mind them to much anymore seeing how everythign is a gank

U

UltimateNoob

Wargasm might be running low on trap boxes. Don't forget to loot his corpse.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah they wouldnt work if people had resist..but if you opted to try to leave resist out for more damage output by making a template like some of the current ones then you would have a downside to it also...obivously spells and their effectiveness could be tweaked if needed

G

Gellor

I would agree that trapped boxes and similar methods of paralyze busting need to get removed... along with another trap box issue.

*shrug*
As far as the "everyone will run resist and magic will be worthless" statement, that is a stretch. People have always found a way to kill people with legendary resist. Evil omen is always a nice startrolleyes:

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its just that they dont consider the fact that people use boxes when they implement other things in the game and when they consider balance issues..

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe not remove the trapped boxes, but make them not break para when they pop em.

M

mutau

Just change the severity of the damage done so that it never goes below ........40.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howbout stop crying becuase you couldnt kill someone trying to put them in fields

and use mana vamp through a bola disarm him para his pet and kill him

Simple?

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whos crying? im not saying theres no way to kill someone who uses them..

im just talking about templates being overly powerfull because of them

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is so easy to kill someone without resist now a days it doesnt matter how strong they are if your running a mage (and im asuming if your playing a mage you know the basics)
if you have mystic thats a pluss hail stormw ill do 50 damage on someone who doesnt have resist.... and you can mana vamp them... so there not bleed spamming/para spamming you with a weapon. its really not that hard at all i wont ever run a template without resist...
i guess its only easy to me? lol

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as evil omen is fixed and does not negate my 120 skills and para me as if I didnt even have it, sure. If this fix went through you would see nothing but evil omen para ganks.

I run resist on almost all my chars though. Atleast PvPers. Only one PvP char does not have it. If nothing else make us carry trapped pouchs? Do 10 damage (about average for trapped box). Then have to recast on pouch everytime you use. Be easy enough I would think? That way eventually with persistance you can gain your advantage you are seeking of the para gank, but at the same time they have a figthing chance.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
noone is saying its hard..but then again when ive played a dexer before probly only 1 outa 20-30 fights someone would mana vamp me..so that is a risk that payed off for me and most people...if every mage starts mana vamping all the dexers without resist it will fix the issue also

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is so easy to kill someone without resist now a days it doesnt matter how strong they are if your running a mage (and im asuming if your playing a mage you know the basics)
if you have mystic thats a pluss hail stormw ill do 50 damage on someone who doesnt have resist.... and you can mana vamp them... so there not bleed spamming/para spamming you with a weapon. its really not that hard at all i wont ever run a template without resist...
i guess its only easy to me? lol
Hehe...I would like to fight you on my evasion dexer. If I bring him over to pac later on or make one on pac, Ill have too look you up. Figthing a dexer who knows his template, the strengths and the weaknesses will not die too that. I do not run resist on evasion dexer. I laugh at you and your mana vamp!!! :hahaha:

:danceb:

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and that is a more balanced dexer like it was intended..now if u take off 120 resist and add 120 somthin else..you have the potential to do some cheap **** because your banking on the fact that 90% of pvpers wont notice your glaring weakness'

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah definatly things would need to be balanced out if this were fixed...i would propose actually needing high spirit speak for omen...right now too many people are just running 60 necro for it

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
noone is saying its hard..but then again when ive played a dexer before probly only 1 outa 20-30 fights someone would mana vamp me..so that is a risk that payed off for me and most people...if every mage starts mana vamping all the dexers without resist it will fix the issue also
*chuckles*

Sill mages...think they are better than this dexer....

*shakes head*

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and that is a more balanced dexer like it was intended..now if u take off 120 resist and add 120 somthin else..you have the potential to do some cheap **** because your banking on the fact that 90% of pvpers wont notice your glaring weakness'
May have misread if was directed at me. I do not run 120 resist. I could if I chose too. Occasionally toss on too keep folks on there toes. Guy is a beast though...prior to tactics nerf, yall would have hated me! I was a roach with incredible killing power...

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you get rid of trapped boxes, people will always find a way to break a paragank.

eat a poison potion, use a clumsy wand, dismount and have your mount attack you then remount, there are several alternative ways.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe...I would like to fight you on my evasion dexer. If I bring him over to pac later on or make one on pac, Ill have too look you up. Figthing a dexer who knows his template, the strengths and the weaknesses will not die too that. I do not run resist on evasion dexer. I laugh at you and your mana vamp!!! :hahaha:

:danceb:
willing to place bets?

ill put down whatever;/

sounds like fun tho

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mana vamp would be a waste if he has a decent MR suit. 5 mana to lightning strike? 3 mana if he has any decent lmc? my bush noxxer had a suit like that and he could LP you for about 4 mana.

im gonna put my bet on the dexxy.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you get rid of trapped boxes, people will always find a way to break a paragank.

eat a poison potion, use a clumsy wand, dismount and have your mount attack you then remount, there are several alternative ways.
Very good point sir. :scholar: