• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Trap Box help!!!!

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Eyes of Origin

Ok... I make the crates, do the dart trap on them and lock them so they are enabled, but when I click on them with any of my chars it doesnt go off... what am i doing wrong or what step am i missing?
Thanks in advance for any help

T

Trinsie

Does it not go off because it is locked and you cannot open it?

If so then cast the spell unlock on it. If you unlock it with the key it turns the trap off.

E

Eyes of Origin

When I go to dart trap it, it says lock it to enable the trap.. if i unlock it, it disables it... so im not sure.. i've tried magic unlock and it doesnt do anything

T

Trinsie

I am still a bit confused on what is happening. Can you open it but the trap doesn't go off or can you not open it?

What direction is the box facing? It has to face \\ in your bag to set off the trap. The trap will not go off if it is facing //.

Set the box on the floor of your house and secure it. Use the house placement decoration tool and turn the box one time. Unsecure the box and cast unlock then you should have a trap box that will always stay trapped for you.

If doesn't work then I will need you to give me a step by step instruction on house you are doing it so that I can tell you where you went wrong.

E

Eyes of Origin

ok i make the crate and then arm it with the dart trap... it says for it to be enabled the crate needs to be locked, so I lock the crate and leave it for another char to try.

I set it on the floor so it faces \\ and pick it up to use it and it tells me its locked and nothing else happens.

When I try to use magic unlock on the box it tells me the magic has no effect. I tried your thought of securing it, turning it and unsecuring it and i still get the same result, nothing happens.

T

Trinsie

Here is a step by step instruction that works. If this does not work for you then contact a GM and tell him your game is glitched because I just tested it.

#1 Make A large or small wooden crate (A square one is prefered due to the rectangle boxes having a tendency to occasionally bug up) with a carpenter, it must be lockable, so high carpentry skill is needed.

#2 Make your trap (Tinker skill), the Dart Trap is the best and easiest, but it takes a little fletching skill to make the Crossbow Bolt. The lower you tinker skill the better for this part (30 is ideal as it is the lowest you could do it) get a a talisman with tinker success chance bonus to help with success to trap the box.

#3 Lock the box with the key and place it on the floor of your house and secure it.

#4 Use a decoration tool and turn the box one time. (the box must face with its long axis east-west otherwise the trap does not work)

#5 Unsecure the box and cast magic unlock (do not use the key to unlock it, that removes the trap), you then should have a trap box that will always stay trapped for you with low damage output.

E

Eyes of Origin

Thank you Trinsie and everyone else who posted... I finally found out that I wasn't making the box wrong, but that my magery on my crafter just wasnt high enough for Magic Unlock to be effective :( hehehe, but thats ok, atleast I know now I have to have a GM Mage cast it! lol Thanks again for the help!