• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transition to Gargoyle?

L

Lash

Just came back to UO after a 6 year break. Turned my PvP mage into a mage/tamer, and wanted to become a Gargoyle so I can fly with my Greater Dragon.

Friend of mine has a token to change over, but I was curious how exactly that works.

I know human/elf doesn't wear their armor, and they don't wear human/elf armor, but wondering what to do about that. I know my crafter can change some of it over, but wasn't sure what can and cannot be altered.

Also, how exactly do the different slots for gargoyles work? I know they can't wear helm/gorget/gloves, but do they have equivalents or do gargoyles have that as a "downside." I know they can wear special earrings which I suppose may account for the lack of helm. I did not see any kind of sub for gloves, so do gargoyles just have 1 less slot?

I know my chest/legs/arms/ring/bracet/book/shield will all transfer properly. The objects in question are...

Pendant of the Magi

and then what to do about my Stitchers Mittens and Kasa of the Raj-in. Will I just have to find a better imbued necklace to cover for the Pendant + Kasa???

Help.

Macrophage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargoyles can weak earrings, including the whole collection of earring rewards. (though many bugs are reported through the use of them, like HLD not working from Mace And Shields). They can t wear gorget but can wear necklace (even though the total amount of resist on necklace is 5 below leather gorget). They dont have gloves but have kilt armor. Even though there are only 4 slots for gargish armor parts, they are vastly superior to their human counterparts. All in all, you can make as good if not better armor for your gargoyle than you could for a human.

5% Luck

Ive been interested in this too. Are you saying I can convert my mace and sheild glasses or no? Also since coming back I want to use my jakals collar on a garg char is that going to be a problem to convert?