• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transfers between charicters

• Thread starter Avenkal19
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

Avenkal19

Is it possible to trade money between your mule and your standard charicter. I am new to ultima and want to use my muse to make money and my main for everything else is this possible and how do i do this.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you have a house you can just leave the money there! if you have a trusted friend you can have them give to you!
last way is to log both characters in the same inn and the same room(where you can log in and out instantly)put checks in a bag drop bag log out and in with other character and then pick up bag!

the last way is how i used to do it long ago (make sure no one is around to steal it)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also buy a boat and put the money on there. Keep one boat key on the character that placed the boat and drop the key that went to the bank box in a safe place to be picked up and used by the second character. Tinkers can also copy boat keys, but the key copies don't always seem to work.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
note also that while gold can only be in stacks up to 60,000, you can say

"Check" and the amount (up to 1000000) to make checks out of loose coin up to million gold. That makes it a lot easier to transfer large sums by the methods they gave.

B

Banner

Re: Transfers between characters

What I did was put some stuff in a bag to be transferred to the next character and dropped it behind the warrior's training building outside of New Haven.. Its on the north east side of the building if you have you shadow on then drop it right next to the building then I would go to the bank and log out and then log back in on the next char.. Hardly no one goes back there... "well until now" hehehe

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oeh that's risky business.

I would advice the boat trick...give your mule the boat...drop your gold in it with your main char...get it with your mule.

Even safer would be a house...a small house doesn't cost too much and there seems to be plenty little spots left on all shards for the smallest houses.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
pouches are small enough to put behind most things and not be seen, except by circle of transparency or holding down CTRL-SHIFT to get the object handles to come up.

All you need with that is to find some place that's totally in disuse, mark it for each of your characters (or get all the characters logged out at the same spot, if it's a safe location), then put the pouch behind a tree or piece of furniture.

This was a common tactic for Fel miners to deposit ore, prior to the fire beetle, and some still do it with the ingots from the fire beetle, to stay out longer. Mine, then take the ore or ingots to a hidden pouch, recall home when the pouch full (or fill 4 pouches, fetch a bonded pack animal, load the animal, and recall home). Nothing screams defenseless miner like a pack animal in tow, hence the subterfuge and only havign the packie out for the pickup.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think dropping a bag at an inn and then logging out and logging in with the next character is probably the easiest and safest way to do a transfer between characters on the same account. Just be aware that if the character you are logging out has any pets out of the stable and/or was recently in a fight of any type, there will be a delay in logging in. If the last character logged in had pets out of the stable but was not fighting, just force yourself to wait two extra seconds before you actually log in the next character. Saves you from getting the stupid screen about having to wait and then start the log-in process all over again.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Tina, I used the inn method before I owned a house.

If you have a friend in game that you trust, then you could also use them to hold the items for you until you can log off and back on. But I woiuld ensure that it is someone you can trust.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone on Europa has stuff to switch, happy for them to use our bunkhouse. Can even provide a locked down, lockable box and a key. If that's something useful for you, drop me a PM and I'll come fetch you and mark a rune for you :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I had no house, that's what I did:

1. Place both characters into the same room of a lonely inn in some city. There you can instantly log out. Put items into a bag and place it by a eastern or southern wall, so it cannot be seen. Log out and instantly log in with the other character to pick up the bag.

2. Give both characters a bedroll and cut some kindling from a tree. By using the bedroll, you can instantly log out in the wilderness, too (if you have no followers, i.e. if you're not sitting on a mount and have no pets with you). Hide the bag behind a tree and proceed the same way as above.