• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Transfering Siege characters to prodo

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This question is directed toward those who still lurk or are considering leaving Siege: If you had the option, would you transfer any of your characters off Siege?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This would ruin prodo! The raw power of Siege toons would be godlike among the prodo-ites! Wailing, gnashing of teeth, mountains of corpses left in the wake of players like Bo or Fean. Crafted goods would be worthless, because those made my Siege-ites would have durability +1000. Rare collectors would throw money at faction dyed monk robes to no avail. Devs would tremble as NPC towns became ghost towns, with blue blood washing the streets. The seas would boil as Garth fired cannon so furiously entire LLTS armadas sank. Prodo thieves would be shamed as Siege thieves stole the actual skill points from them. Siege beetles would mount production Greater Dragons to assert their dominance. MASS HYSTERIA!

Slight hyperbole, but you get the picture....

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No keep them there to suffer on UO's spiritual successor of England's Australian Prison!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This question is directed toward those who still lurk or are considering leaving Siege: If you had the option, would you transfer any of your characters off Siege?
I'd go for the option of transferring all 19 from Chessie to here. :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There is nothing for me on Prodo shards

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is there on Siege that's not on prodo that I might be missing?
Plenty of housing if you ever wanted to make a player ran town with 10 of your own accounts..

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The lack of insurance makes the game more of a challenge on Siege. Last week I lost seven full suits trying to key Lady Mel. For whatever reason, it just makes achieving something here more worthwhile. I've learned a ton more about the game since coming to siege because I don't have the security blanket of insurance and this forces me to think more about mechanics and strategy. I would sick around if we got a second toon, but if w got insurance the challenge of Siege would disappear.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The lack of insurance makes the game more of a challenge on Siege. Last week I lost seven full suits trying to key Lady Mel. For whatever reason, it just makes achieving something here more worthwhile. I've learned a ton more about the game since coming to siege because I don't have the security blanket of insurance and this forces me to think more about mechanics and strategy. I would sick around if we got a second toon, but if w got insurance the challenge of Siege would disappear.
We brought over a group..I think the lack of insurance makes most scared to get out stealth. Spent days and days looking for actual non NPC's to fight. Scoured the dungeons had that same feel of oh at any moment we could be jumped..but it never came. That nostalgic feeling quickly turned into boredom. It's sad really how they left siege half ass done with no real incentives for people to play there or even try and Market it to the people who enjoyed the Pre-Tram Era. Instead they stuck you guys on an island and said..good riddance evil PKers!! Then the PKs left and left siege full of stealthing fammies "Trammies living in Fel"..if I owned Seige it would be glorious and it would be glorious!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously don't play origin often haha

Shockingly enough there are like 6-7 shards below siege on the % full list. Though I don't know what that number is based on. Online at the time?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then the PKs left and left siege full of stealthing fammies "Trammies living in Fel"..if I owned Seige it would be glorious and it would be glorious!
I came here because I was sick & tired of the security blanket that is prodo for the most part.

linus.jpg

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came here because I was sick & tired of the security blanket that is prodo for the most part.

View attachment 39304
I mean I can almost understand that statement. Except for the fact that by moving to siege you have the ultimate security blanket. No people to contest you...ahh the old siege homage. "Just cause you can't see us doesn't mean we aren't there"... Don't be sad though, most production shards are just as vacant..at least you guys have a great community. So that's a big plus

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what's the point. you can just make new characters on the other shards and level up fast enough. I guess the only reason would be to transfer rares over. If anything they should combine shards. They did that for Dark age of camelot and had different housing facets.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would not transfer any characters from here to Atlantic. I had 7 accounts for a while in order to have housing here and on Atlantic. After they changed the housing thing I went down to four accounts. Now that I am poorer in real life I'm going down to 2 accounts.
I would happily trade all my stuff on Siege for stuff and/or gold on Atlantic. For example, I have 2 King's collection sets on Siege and quite a few other worthwhile items. Very little gold, though, only about 2 million.
If anyone is interested, respond here or privately and I will send of list of other worthy things I have here on Siege. None of the characters I have here are worth transfering. But I would love to have my Siege stuff on Atl, GL, LS, or even Chessie, where I have or soon will have Shard Shields.

Val'lyn De'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No desire to transfer characters, it's too easy to create characters these days. You don't even have to have soulstones on production shards since you have so many character slots. I've tried to re-create my character on production shards, but quickly get tired of it. I checked out trammel and remembered why I left. Fel on most shards is even more barren than Siege.

-Val'lyn

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Omg WHY if I still played would I DO that ??
I would so confuse myselves ...I would end up with also two Queen Zens; one born on Chesapeake whom once was in Order, before there ever WAS a trammel created; and the one from Siege which I created cuz trammel and insurance were NOT the way UO was meant to be, even on Chesapeake, once upon a time in Ultima Online when there was no trammel nor insurance.
At any rate I would never transfer chrs. from Chesapeake TO Siege nor visa versa. Besides IF I had still 5 or more active accts. of chrs. of me on both shards good lord...transferring them all to one shard would be chaos for even me to keep track of ! lol Toss in I would have two Mirandas two Hughes of Gray on both Siege and Chesapeake and those two chrs. look the same, have nearly the same skills, and are even on same accts. but on both shards of mes on one shard...oh good lord no no too confusing. :)

PS I did not see any RTB this year or I missed it entirely ... :( 0r I might have at least gotten to say hi to all my characters once again, on both shards this year.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
you need to start paying for at least one account and come back to us :heart:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave up when we went to that new acct. management system. Not for lack of trying I tried and tried to get all my accts. onto that new system but nothing worked. :(
Heck even the old emails I had on some accounts got merged over the years with other carriers...uo should not just rely upon our OLD emails when over time some like a bellsouth became an ATT became a yahoo email so on so forth...regardless I never forgot the passwords nor email acct belonging to all of my UO accts. but try so many times as I did that new account management just did not ever work for me on any accts. I had active. :( And I still have every password for every acct. I ever had active per acct. too...but never could get past the new acct. management system. Figured if they really wanted our money they would easier enable value customers to pay them monthly quarterly with some easier system to keep us playing and paying them. :( Eventually, I gave up trying to get back into Ultima Online. Only times I did get back in briefly was RTB. . said hi to my chrs. and then it was over with. :( Besides email is like some extinct dinosaur nowadays, everyone twitting tweeting or on facebook, other social media things, me included. lol

I began playing in Oct. of 98 uninterrupted on all accts till new acct management. That was a lot of years of cash I gave UO per accts for so many yrs. It...never fails every October memories of a game I so loved, flood my mind, almost like ever chr. is still alive least in my head and every memory too even newbie QZ on Chessie way way back when no trammel someone pkd my one chr. and I got on another chr. I had comically pkd the pk and when he found out she was just another me... he laughed said remind me not to tick off Queen Zen never know whom you may ALSO be getting revenge on a pk. lol But yeh every fall I get tons of memories of this game flooding my memory. Heck I can even remember first time I seen YOU when I first came onto Siege 2001 or so, while I was touring NEW guild...and I told Shalimar omg a RED freja is coming our way...should I get ready for an attack or get ready to die and do my dancing dead ghostie... OOOoooOOO ?? lol

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
And I still have every password for every acct. I ever had active per acct. too...but never could get past the new acct. management system.
Think your ansvar is here:
Note for Ultima Online accounts: You have been assigned a Mythic Master Account. It is your Game Account with ‘_uo’ added. (If your Game Account is called “myaccount” your Mythic Master Account will be “myaccount_UO”). Under this bar you will find several direct links. At the bottom of the page is an overview of all Game Accounts linked to the Master Account you have selected in the drop-down box.

Account Management | Ultima Online

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reincarnated my toons on thriving server "elsewhere". Cool to see a lot of old Siege folks again. :)

Reactions: Kat

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Troll -

The point is that I have spent 10+ years on this shard building skills, working for 120 power scrolls in almost every skill on my main character, plus now working for all of the masteries I need. Not to mention, EVERYTHING I have is on Siege, which has lost the majority of its population.

As far as I'm concerned, they need to just pull the plug and let us move out. I won't ask for that because I think you all deserve to play wherever you want, but I will be asking for them to allow us a one time/one way shard transfer.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not only no, but hell NO!
Siege is pure UO
So those who don't want to be here but have years and $$$ trapped here can't be allowed to leave huh?
So what you don't want to be here, your Fing trapped here sucker, so deal with it sucker! huh?
There's so few of us here that NO ONE! can be allowed to leave or the game won't be as fun for me whether you give up the game and go play something else or not! huh?

Ever think that being able to transfer your time & $$$ investment off of Siege if you really don't like it here might make people more interested in investing time & $$$ playing Siege? I'd damn well love to see more people play Siege. I'm a Gatherer/Crafter type with to few customers to make a craftable item shop worth the time setting it up. I know, I've done it here a couple of times and am considering it again, in spite of the fact their will be minimal restocking required because we lack customers for our shops. I'm surprised the vendor search system can find anything to list for all the dustbunnies shop stock winds up buried under eventually. Heck, maybe that's why it rarely notices when something has been sold and so still lists it, all it sees is the pile of dust bunnies where the shops sit.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So those who don't want to be here but have years and $$$ trapped here can't be allowed to leave huh?
So what you don't want to be here, your Fing trapped here sucker, so deal with it sucker! huh?
There's so few of us here that NO ONE! can be allowed to leave or the game won't be as fun for me whether you give up the game and go play something else or not! huh?

Ever think that being able to transfer your time & $$$ investment off of Siege if you really don't like it here might make people more interested in investing time & $$$ playing Siege? I'd damn well love to see more people play Siege. I'm a Gatherer/Crafter type with to few customers to make a craftable item shop worth the time setting it up. I know, I've done it here a couple of times and am considering it again, in spite of the fact their will be minimal restocking required because we lack customers for our shops. I'm surprised the vendor search system can find anything to list for all the dustbunnies shop stock winds up buried under eventually. Heck, maybe that's why it rarely notices when something has been sold and so still lists it, all it sees is the pile of dust bunnies where the shops sit.
Takes very little time to level out on prod shards.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on how many hours a week you can play and how many powerscrolls and now Masteries you need to buy on the prodo shard. Kat mentions 10+ years of play benefits she'll lose, likely all kinds of items taken on Siege would be lost, not a minor thing.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than your character skills/stats, the rest can already be easily 'transfered' by just selling your items and x-sharding your gold. You get 8 per 1 or whatever the rate is these days, and I'd say 90% of the items (except extreme rares) could be bought right away on the Prod shard, and much better gear with the gold.

Since you have to keep your chars here anyways, do your gold farming here and transfer this gold for much more gold on prod and take that gold and invest in Mythic Tokens, SOTs, Alacricities, Powerscrolls, etc...on the production shard of your choice.

Nothing, then, has been a waste.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
also no insurance= you dont lose your bank money protecting all your gear...and i like ROT much more than prodo skill gain.. especially with skill like Animal Taming... or a bard skill....much easier to deal with IMO

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course you have missed the point entirely. I shouldn't have to "level out' on another shard. I have spent lots of $$$ on my character and items here. I have invested in my characters here. I worked my skills with the OLD RoT system that everyone HATED so much because it was so HARD and time consuming. I'm not interested in rebuilding characters as I do not have the time I had 5-10 years ago to do so and I certainly do not have the time nor inclination to work for all those 120's, stat scrolls and the masteries I currently have. I just want a one way ticket of this empty island so I can join a guild that has some active players and enjoy a few hours of game play a few nights a week and maybe on the weekend.

Siege is no longer the shard I came to play 10 years ago. There is nothing for me here. So here I am faced with leaving [hopefully with one way char transfer] or deactivating. Neither of those options hurt you in the slightest.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I don't believe any kind of char transfer would be good for Siege, hope we never will see it.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Kat...I asked Mythic about it years ago when Cal was running the show. After going back and forth with him looking into it this was the message I got back in the end.

(Okay. Bad news. Seige does not support transfers either way.

Now that I think about the decision I understand. I am thinking they made Seige as it is to prohibit players from transferring their established characters from production servers.

Sorry. In order to do it we'd have to re-write the server code across the game to allow you to move.

- Calvin)

Kinda sucked at the time. You should just give in and come to the dark side and play with me and Spyderbite !

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry Kat...I asked Mythic about it years ago when Cal was running the show. After going back and forth with him looking into it this was the message I got back in the end.

(Okay. Bad news. Seige does not support transfers either way.

Now that I think about the decision I understand. I am thinking they made Seige as it is to prohibit players from transferring their established characters from production servers.

Sorry. In order to do it we'd have to re-write the server code across the game to allow you to move.

- Calvin)

Kinda sucked at the time. You should just give in and come to the dark side and play with me and Spyderbite !
I"m pretty sure our characters on Siege operate the exact same way a production shard character operates. The difference is the server code. If the work needed were more than turning an off to on, I would be surprised.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe man.

I know he was very supportive of helping me move chars off the shard, didn't see why people could not move from Siege ( not onto it) and promised to look into it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see the problem with people moving OFF the shard. If a player doesn't play there any more for whatever reason surely its better to allow them to move to a shard they might play on, rather than loosing a subscription.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe man.

I know he was very supportive of helping me move chars off the shard, didn't see why people could not move from Siege ( not onto it) and promised to look into it.
I recall reading that the character files for Siege are different somehow, but it can't be very different since it's the same game. Shouldn't be that hard to rearrange the data items in the character records to match prodo.

With so few customers left playing, let's just make all shards be able to transfer to all other shards, including Siege. Let's not encourage anyone to leave the game.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With so few customers left playing, let's just make all shards be able to transfer to all other shards, including Siege. Let's not encourage anyone to leave the game.
If they started allowing people to transfer to and from Siege, it might not work out very well for the original Siege residents. I have no idea what is considered a lot of gold on Siege right now, but if they opened it to transfers everyone on the shard would be completely broke very quickly due to inflation caused by gold from Atlantic and other shards being transferred to Siege in the billions.

I completely agree that you guys should be allowed to move from Siege to a prodo shard as a one time thing if you want to though. Forcing people to stay on Siege really doesn't accomplish anything.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they started allowing people to transfer to and from Siege, it might not work out very well for the original Siege residents. I have no idea what is considered a lot of gold on Siege right now, but if they opened it to transfers everyone on the shard would be completely broke very quickly due to inflation caused by gold from Atlantic and other shards being transferred to Siege in the billions.
Valid point to consider, I've never much focused on the gold in the bank due to my playstyle, a couple dozen million and I'm good for what I spend gold on.

Go with one million max to Siege as set up funds and all gold off Siege if desired?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recall reading that the character files for Siege are different somehow, but it can't be very different since it's the same game. Shouldn't be that hard to rearrange the data items in the character records to match prodo.

He said they coded Siege completely different from the production shards. He implied that the lead's said they would need to redo the coding on Siege for it to happen and that would not happen because of the time involved.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He said they coded Siege completely different from the production shards. He implied that the lead's said they would need to redo the coding on Siege for it to happen and that would not happen because of the time involved.
Your character file is just a collection of data numbers that the system uses, arranged in a certain order so the game system can grab the right data numbers. All that should be needed is a section of code to shift those numbers to the pattern Siege's code is set up to look for when a character moves to Siege, and when a character moves off Siege, reverse the process. There is no need to redo Siege's code, just the character data file. A process similar to what is likely done when shard data changes are made when characters move shard to shard now.