• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) TRAITORS ALL!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is with a heavy heart that I, Lord Sparrow, report on the latest development in our Kingdom. Having heard rumours I travelled to Yew last evening to the Court of Truth. Inside I found a motley collection of citizens and 3, yes THREE city Governors. Tonights topic for discussion? - REBELLION. It would seem that those concerned learned little from the antics of the now deceased jester Bladderstick and have fomented discord and dissent with the present King amongst their followers. The three traitorous Governors are those of Magincia, Jhelom and Yew itself. Maybe in Magincia Pride is once again replacing Humility, Jhelom is demonstrating its Valour by rebelling against its rightful King and there was little Justice evident in Yew last night. After much loud debate those present were prevailed upon (by a Hooded Figure) to travel to Britain and confront the King. One wonders why this figure was disinclined to show his face or reveal his identity to the assembly. This alone would cause me some concern but it seemed not to concern anyone else there. Before leaving there was a distribution of various garbage from the dissenting cities.

At this point I decided it would be prudent to disguise myself as I have oft declared myself to be a true follower of the crown. I therefore arrived at King Blackthorn's castle incognito. At the causeway the demonstrators were denied entry by the Royal Guard. So what did out brave Governors and their followers do next? They attacked the guards and by sheer weight of numbers slew them and gained entry by force. I took no part in the attack but just watched in horror as the loyal guard were despatched. Entry gained the rebels made their way to the throne room. They then proceeded to again demonstrate their bravery by mindlessly throwing the refuse around inside the castle and destroying the furnishings.

When remonstrated with by our monarch they continued with their mindless obscenities until Blackthorn was enraged sufficiently to summon the elite guard who then proceeded to make short work of the mob.

As I had no intention of also being eliminated by the guards I decided I had seen enough and left.

So tonight we have again seen High Treason within Sosaria. Will we never learn? Does nobody remember those long desperate years when we had no King?. Sosaria at the mercy of whoever or whatever chose to attack us?. Ruled for a time by a real usurper, the false Casca who obtained power because we had no king.

Blackthorn has given us some years now of comparative peace. What is offered by the rebels to replace our king?. I imagine this unknown 'hooded figure' might have some aspirations in that regard. What a prospect, a totally unknown possibly despotic ruler to replace a known democratic one who allows Governors a say in the running of the Kingdom. Not for me thank you very much!. It also crosses my mind that the three rebellious Governors might have ideas above their station and I certainly would not want to be ruled by someone with no sense of Honour who can betray an oath as they have.

And here we have the crux of tonights debacle. Three Governors have betrayed their trust and have declared themselves against their King. There can be no excuse, this is an ultimate example of betrayal, they are demonstrably guilty of High Treason and they should pay with their heads.

I am grateful that my home city, Moonglow is not one of those dissenting and I now leave all the rest of you citizens of Sosaria to make your own conclusions but I for one know exactly where I stand. I stand with Blackthorn.