• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training to GM

G

I am working spellweaving on my mage. Right now, I am at 90. My plan is to go to GM. My question is, due to not having the WOD spell, is it possible to GM with wildfire? Or should I continue to search for WOD? These spells seem hard to come across...then again, maybe I'm not getting out enough...

Just to post it, here is how I've gained so far... based on the spells I had at the time...
Arcane Circle until I could cast Reaper Form. As soon as I could cast Essence of Wind, I started on that. Again, as soon as I could cast Wildfire, I started casting it. After a couple of days with UO macros for cast last spell and meditate, I am at 90.2.

Skill gains off of Wildfire slowed down at around 88 (.3 in 2 hrs). Then a guildie gave me a 110 PS. I was able to gain 2.2 pts in 2 hrs. The asumption is that the PS helped, but is it good enough to go to GM?

I don't know, maybe I should get out more... See, I quit back in '02, and I came back in Jan. Since I am still not used to the easier skill gain, I've kinda taken to just sitting at my house and training skills. Well, in truth, I did get bored and took a break to complete the summon fey quest and start the summon fiend quest.

Ah well, let me know what you think... Any help would be appreciated!

I

imported_Farsight

It's possible, but very slow indeed.

I'd try to locate a WoD myself, or if you don't plan on using it a lot, then you can just go ahead and use your guaranteed gains to get to GM. 110 is theoretically possible, but over 100, you'll pretty much only gain on GGS.

G

thanks for the reply! I'll hit trogs again and see what I can come up with.

G

After a week of casting wildfire, I slowly crept my way up to 104 Spellweaving. So, it is possible to GM casting wildfire. It would take a lot of patience, though.

I finally got fed up and paid 4k for a Word of Death scroll in Luna. While I was shopping, I found the rest of the scrolls I needed for 1k each. Afterwards, I killed critters for about an hour and got my gold back.

Overall, I'm looking forward to finish training. But at least now, I can go out and hunt things for gains. I was getting tired of staying home, setting things on fire. hehe