• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training stealth to 120...

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can not find anywhere of what items I should be wearing to get to this level of skill. Do I stick to the closed helm and all studded leather? I am trying to get max DS damage on my pvp char and need the skill this high... Though if someone had some shadow dancer leggings to sell me on chessy; I wouldn't have to get the skill this high :) When someone has time; please write back and let me know how to get the skill this high... ty!

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never taken it to 120, but try using ringmail and plate. Mix your pieces till you are failing more. It is going to take a long time to get to 120 stealthing.

Q

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to mix and match items so that your failing about half the time. I've always had pretty good luck with closed helm and ring and chainmail all purchased from NPC.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you can stealth with plate on. I mix and match Ring mail/chainmail, and try to make sure I fail about 1/2 the time like a previous poster said.

It's still pretty slow though.. only at like 109 and it is a really boring skill to work.

And just to add to this, skills like stealth really encourage people to script/afk work skills.

It would be different if you could gain from stealth in normal game play, I'd just let it raise naturally past 80. There really is no way to gain this skill during normal play, you have to buy **** armor and swap it in/out to work it.

O

Old Man of UO

Speaking of different armor types for stealth, I've noticed that wearing all cloth/leather medable armor I don't get revealed nearly as much even through I've never failed stealthing while wearing heavier medable armor. Is that only my imagination or is there something to that?

Depending on armor and jewels, I normally have 105-115 stealth skill.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hardest (and most armor you can put before you get the "It would be impossible to stealth in this much armor" or something similar) you can make yourself (and best gains after GM stealth) is in a chainmail tunic; platemail gorget, and ringmail arms. Thats it; nothing else. That is the most/hardest armor to stealth in and still gain. Hope it helps =]

PS: To get a MAX damage Death Strike; dont forget you need GM tracking also. It makes it possible to get a 60 damage death strike ;)

PSS: You can always use the mark of travesty with 10 stealth on it instead of shadow dancer legs sir =]

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to go from 110 to 120 stealth i wear this:
studded shirt, plate arms, plate gloves, plate gorget, plate helm, and i carry a viking sword.

Cutter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The hardest (and most armor you can put before you get the "It would be impossible to stealth in this much armor" or something similar) you can make yourself (and best gains after GM stealth) is in a chainmail tunic; platemail gorget, and ringmail arms. Thats it; nothing else. That is the most/hardest armor to stealth in and still gain. Hope it helps =]

PS: To get a MAX damage Death Strike; dont forget you need GM tracking also. It makes it possible to get a 60 damage death strike ;)

PSS: You can always use the mark of travesty with 10 stealth on it instead of shadow dancer legs sir =]

Thanks, very helpful. This formula (chain tunic, plate gorg., ring arms) seems to be working. It is VERY slow though!

Y

Yen Sid

I use the Bandana Arty with +10 Snooping, +10 Stealth, and +10 Stealing. I also use the Shadow Dancer Leggings for +20 Stealth and +20 Stealing. And I also use the Cloak of Silence for another +10 Stealth, so that is +40 Stealth. I am only at like 65 real Stealth. Need to get a 120 Scroll so I can max it out w/ items.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

It is nice to know that this information works today still.