• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Training Parry 100-120

dadam281

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the fastest way to train parry from 100-120. I did the sheep thing and found no gains. They i went out to fight randomly and found some. Went back to Delucia did the sheep thing and added a few bulls. And got pretty good gains. Is there any better way to do this, faster? Anyones insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They changed something with parry gains.. I used to get sheep and go in dog form with one cross healer while equipping a staff (only parry, no bushido). I didn't get any gains, so I equipped a shield with no weapon and gains went fast.

Just experiment with different shields, 1 handed weps, 2 handed weps, combinations of them until you get gains.

dadam281

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read that using a 2 hander with no Bushido will work with a weapon skill that you dont use.......has this changed now????

C

Capt.E

Without bushi go to jhelom pits and get as many female fighters without a weapon ( if u can disarm it helps) and target them then go out of war mode, you should have a shield equipped, when you have around 7-10 of them you should start gaining, high dci is very beneficial as well. If you don't see gains then try using a 2 handed weapon that you have 0 skill with. The npc bought weapons work for this as you will lose durability very quickly on either the shield or weapon. Good luck

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without bushi go to jhelom pits and get as many female fighters without a weapon ( if u can disarm it helps) and target them then go out of war mode, you should have a shield equipped, when you have around 7-10 of them you should start gaining, high dci is very beneficial as well. If you don't see gains then try using a 2 handed weapon that you have 0 skill with. The npc bought weapons work for this as you will lose durability very quickly on either the shield or weapon. Good luck
No, this method is bugged. You can't hire the fighters.

C

Capt.E

don't hire them just attack them, the ones that aren't female you can kill and hope for a female to spawn

C

CroMag1980

I lost my parry in another late night soulstone accident thinking it was spare anatomy skill. I went to do a dreadhorn anyway as the keys were counting down - ouch it was really hard. At least it proves you need parry as I have often been tempted to run a tamer sampire. Don't think I'll be trying that now.