• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Healing on a Cu Sidhe

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest it's not something I've ever tried. I imagine it might work to a point. Healing is hard to finish past the 90s on a cu at the best of times, so I would expect you might hit a wall at some point.

I trained my pups with rotting corpses until I got bored senseless then I used my bard to discord the pup, so I could train it by casting poison on it.

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I double client. I use my bard on one account to disco the pup, and the other account with a mage (or mage/tamer) to poison the pup. It is still super tedious, but it gets them to GM faster than any alternatives I've found.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
anything stated above works well. the issue is getting the dog from 90 -100. in the past the best way has always been corpses due to the level of their poison. the miasma mortals and im not sure if that would do the trick.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I double client. I use my bard on one account to disco the pup, and the other account with a mage (or mage/tamer) to poison the pup. It is still super tedious, but it gets them to GM faster than any alternatives I've found.
This is how it take mine to GM healing.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any reason this wouldn't work if I put Music/Disco on my Tamer?
That would enable you to discord your own pet. Not sure of the rest of your tamers template to know if you could effectively poison it as well. In the alternative, the Cu will continue to gain healing skill without the need to poison it if you keep it discorded while you hunt with it. Just be careful, when discorded they can die much faster.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any reason this wouldn't work if I put Music/Disco on my Tamer?
That's how I do it, one of my tamers is also a bard so she takes care of any cu training I need to finish. What I used to do was simply log in each morning and disco the pup then cast poison on it till I got bored or ran out of mana. Then I'd let the disco wear off and take it out hunting to train other skills. I'm not very good at sitting doing the same thing without getting bored, so I like to have some variety when I'm training pets. Otherwise it becomes a chore rather than part of the enjoyment of being a tamer.

Wenchy

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That's how I do it, one of my tamers is also a bard so she takes care of any cu training I need to finish. What I used to do was simply log in each morning and disco the pup then cast poison on it till I got bored or ran out of mana. Then I'd let the disco wear off and take it out hunting to train other skills. I'm not very good at sitting doing the same thing without getting bored, so I like to have some variety when I'm training pets. Otherwise it becomes a chore rather than part of the enjoyment of being a tamer.

Wenchy
Thanks for all the help but one last question. Anything special I need to do this (IE. Felucca, Guilded, In a house, etc)?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the help but one last question. Anything special I need to do this (IE. Felucca, Guilded, In a house, etc)?
If you're training in Tram, then you'd want to be guilded and outside the guard zone just to play it safe. In Fel, you don't need to be guilded, but choose a quiet spot so you're safe when you flag. I tend to train guilded in Fel outside my home, tell the pup to stay, disco then cast on it each time I hear the heal noise.

Wenchy

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any reason why you can't train it in your Fel home?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not at all startle. Depending on shard, if my tamer and bard are on different accounts, I will take them to Fel to do this. If they're on the same account, I do it in Tram. What you are thinking will work fine.

Kiddo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mhhh... when i disco my Cu with my tamer, all skills go down except healing... I have 120 Discordance and 120 Music... Did something changed in the last months? :O

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. It is still discoed, but for whatever reason the healing shows just like it's not. Start poisoning it and you will see that the healing does in fact increase.

is this at a house and in Tram or Fel?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
is this at a house and in Tram or Fel?
If they are in a guild you can poison and discord other members pets anywhere. Sometimes my archer/bard will start shooting at the pet when I discord it. They invis me for a second or I peace myself.

Wow this is an old thread.

Here are some newer ones:
training healing on pets - what is everyone doing?
The Dimes and Bloods are popular on LS.

These are are about PlayerskillFTW using snakes.
Training healing
How to raise healing with Chivalry on your cu

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that whatever character discos the pet, they will aggro the pet on them on success.

On my Disco/Provo tamer, this is what I currently do:
  1. Disco my Cu. (this and step 2 can be dropped to after step 3 if another character is doing the Disco, applying to that character instead)
  2. Invis and reveal almost immediately to break aggro. Do NOT mount the pet or you can break the disco.
  3. Go start Humility virtue. This drops your resists and the pet's resists by 70 points, and prevents Invisibility.
  4. Recall to the edge of one of the low-end spawns like the orcs or elven brigands on the road west of Umbra.
  5. Stay in line of sight of the Cu, but far enough back to where the targets will go for the pet more often than you.
  6. Let the pet take lots of damage and heal itself (And you if needed), pulling it back to heal if it drops below 20% or so HP. If necessary, use one of the masteries (Taming, or the Provo ones from your bard assisting)
  7. Do the mantra to end the humility when done. While Healing doesn't display as having been discoed, it sure trains as if it was lowered under the effect.
I've gotten my Cu up to 114.2 Healing from 110 that way, by the time I got to Knight of Humility.