• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Training Ground

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a returning player I noticed a lot of the older dungeons have changed. Of course this was done to breath new life into old dungeons. From what I have scene it wasn't accomplished. However, it has definitely changed were to train combat skills. As well as it seems the golem method is no longer an option.

This had me thinking how one would train there combat skills now. The logical course of action would be New Haven. Buy skills up to 40 and then do the accelerated skills gain quest to 50. After reaching 50 continue to vanquish the undead in New Haven till 60. At 60 head over to Castle Blackthorn, go to the Skeleton room till you hit 70 to 75 in combat skills. Then head to the Hell Hound room that's right in front of the skeleton room. Remember not to get to many on you, because of pact instinct. They can take you up to 80 to 85. You could collect leather for your tailor.

After you hit 85 you could move onto the gold elementals in the vault room. You could soul stone over mining so you can smelt the gold ore to ingots. Should take you up to 105 in skill. Then you could use Exodus Minions to get to 120. Exodus minions spawn in cells, so you have to open the doors to let them out. They can spawn more than one to a cell. When this happens try to only pull one mob.

Hopefully while training you will get minax artifacts. You can trade these to the royal agent at the entrance of the stairs. You might be able to get equipment for the robe, apron, and sash slots

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I believe that going to Doom's NW room where the spawn is 2 rotting corpse and 1 mummy is a good way to go to 120, plus rotting corpses are very good for loot relative to the threat posed. They live long enough for you to use multiple DS per mob, so you should be able to use DS nearly constantly for the whole time you're there, effectively increasing your gains.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
There are two rotting corpses in the room with brigands, near the exodus minions room in Dungeon Blackthorn as well.
You can use them to train weapon skill up to 120 as well.

Regarding the Exodus Minions room, when too many spawn in the same cell, you can stand one tile in front of the door. This way only one of them will be able to stand at the door, allowing you to take on them one at a time.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can get from 70 to 105 very fast using WW weapon on Raptors. Use a jewel to increase your weapon skill when you are at 70.
If you are a new player then take a bag of sending with you to collect a lot of cash gold while training. If you don't worry about 1m gold then buy SOAs and don't loot to train ~10x times faster.
I don't remember but it probably takes you 1 hour (4 SOAs) to get from 70 to 105 if you don't waste time for looting.