• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] training disco

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok I have had a bard for a while now and have all skills at above gm except disco never tried to do this and read that disco works like provo.... now I get crappy gains when trying to raise this like provo .
so far i seem to be getting the best gains at about 10 above my skill level so right now I have been doing earth els and seem to be doing the best on summoned ones is this about right I am at about 63 or so ?

O

Old Man of UO

There are dozens of "best" methods to gain discord, everyone one here has their favorite. At your current level of 63, my favorite spot for best gains was to go to the Oaks champ spawn east of the Spirituality gate, discord everything. The best way to do that is to create a macro that you can hold down and automatically discord the next target (in 2D I think I used something like -Next Target, Use Skill Discord, Wait for Cursor,Target Last - I'm using KR now and forgot the exact macro).

Soon you won't gain from wisps, start concentrating only on pixies. Then when skill gain on those slow down in the 70's, I would run through and grab only the paragon pixies and discord those. That will take you to about 85 pretty fast then slow way down. The it's time to move on to cu sidhe or something else. Use skill jewelry at first to make it easier to discord cu sidhe, then take it off for better gains.

Read the Sticky in this forum for training discord for some good info, but here is the short version:
0-33 buy from the GM NPC Guildmaster.
33-65 polar bears
65-87 giant beetles
87-120 (if ya want) cu sidhe
(hiryus are better for top end gains)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I tried the sticky guide My polar bears almost stopped at 55 or so I have also been using the solen hive and that seems to work ok wa just kinda wondering I seem to get way way better gains on els and such compaired to polar bears
I will try oaks though that sounds fun :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could it be that Hiryus try to eat ya and Cu's don't?
:next:

Are we talking here about wild or tamed/released ones ?

Because tamed and released Hiryus are not as aggressive as wild ones I think.........

O

Old Man of UO

Because tamed and released Hiryus are not as aggressive as wild ones I think.........
Generally wild ones, because the barding difficulty drops on tamed animals as their stats and skills drop from taming. But ya, cu sihdes won't bite unless you attack them, provoke, or have low karma.

In my opinion though, hiryus are also better because you learn a very important secondary skill... how to dodge an aggressive spawn.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Incorrect Wendy. If any aggressive creature is tamed and then becomes wild, it will become aggressive again.

Think about it ;)

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For Disco gains, see the above stickie, Poo's disco primer, this is like the bible of disco gains, read this if you want to gain in the fastest, easiest possible manner.

O

Old Man of UO

Incorrect Wendy. If any aggressive creature is tamed and then becomes wild, it will become aggressive again.

Think about it ;)
However, there is a short period of time when released tames do not become immediately aggressive, but often stand around doing nothing. I think that's what popps means when he says released tames are not as aggressive.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok so i tied to use poos disco the problem I have is i got them all lined up and got as far as possible away but they never come un discoed i have just been invising for 15 seconds and then starting over is this how its supposed to work I thought by the time you got to the end of the line you could start back at begining am i missing something here?

O

Old Man of UO

You have to break line of sight, invis, hide or walk away. The time I am not sure of, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-30 seconds. Just spread them further apart so that you can't see the first while you are working on the last one or two.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
doh why didnt I think of that thanks old man! I swear I am losing my mind

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, there is a short period of time when released tames do not become immediately aggressive, but often stand around doing nothing. I think that's what popps means when he says released tames are not as aggressive.
Oh really? Just as well his spokesman is in the house to interpret!

I think when it comes to discording several creatures for long periods of time, we can safely regard aggressive creatures as being just that, aggressive, regardless of whether they have been tamed and released or not.

O

Old Man of UO

Oh really? Just as well his spokesman is in the house to interpret!

I think when it comes to discording several creatures for long periods of time, we can safely regard aggressive creatures as being just that, aggressive, regardless of whether they have been tamed and released or not.
HUH? Why the bad manners and chip on your shoulders? You need to get outside a bit and visit the sun more often.